Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER—A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS—NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 22—MERGED

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Seeking Keys
    Name: Lily
    House: That one...um, not Ravenclaw, and not Gryffindor...oh yeah! Hufflepuff!
    R/W: Profanity, 1st-2nd years
    Title: Full House
    A/N: Do you believe me when I say I don't even normally write Ron? And yes, this is me, sort of making fun of the movie Ron who always is saying a certain swearword...

“I hate Christmas,” Ron said, throwing his socks down on the bed. “I bloody hate it. There’s always people. Lots and lots of bloody people. They fill the house all the bloody way. I have to share a room with you, and with George, and...I hate Christmas.”

“You don’t hate Christmas,” said Harry reasonably. “Christmas gives presents, and firewhisky, both of which you like.”

“You’re right,” Ron sighed. “I just hate all the relatives that come. I mean, do Mum and Dad have to invite Aunt Muriel? What good is she going to do? She never gives good gifts anyway.”
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Top of the World
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years—Cousin pairing (if you squint)
    A/N: This is part of my head canon for my Lucy/Louis story Never Let Me Go, in which Lucy is a Squib and forms a close relationship with Louis that eventually develops into a bit more. Soraya has inspired me with her LouLily drabbles.

“Not up for the thousandth inter-family Quidditch match, then?” Louis asked, sitting next to Lucy underneath a tree in the Burrow orchard.

Lucy shook her head. “It looks like fun and all, but…”

“Yeah,” he said in understanding. “Not really fair, that.”

She pulled a tight smile and patted his knee. “But it’s okay. I can have just as much fun as them” With that, she sprang to her feet, grabbed a low branch, and managed to swing herself onto it. “See? Who needs magic to feel on top of the world?”

If only she really believed that, Louis thought.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name:
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Sisters
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd years; None

Molly loved her sister. She said it so often, was so openly affectionate with her, particularly at Christmas, that everyone knew it to be true. And Molly did love her sister. She just didn’t understand how Lucy could make her want to tear her hair out.

It wasn’t Lucy’s fault, Molly thought, but that meant it was most likely her parents’ fault, and Molly didn’t like blaming them.

But when Lucy put on that childish voice, behaving like an eight year old, when the clothes she was wearing made her appear years older than she was, Molly wanted to scream.
    Banner by Minna.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 30

Your Day 30 prompt is...

Cold Night Air

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Friday 10pm GMT.

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-30-2011 at 10:19 PM.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Alex
    Title: Bright Stars
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd/ None
    A/N: On a balcony, not a roof, I did this with my mum this evening

Roxanne hadn’t known why her dad had woken herself and her brother up, made them leave their warm beds, and led them to the attic. She hadn’t known why he’d opened the skylight, and then lifted her through it.

Now she knew. She heard Fred refuse, saying that their mummy wouldn’t like it. After arguing with Fred, her Dad gave up and joined her on the roof.

At first Roxy had been so cold, but she no longer noticed or cared. She and her father sat together, in silence, and stared at the sky, alive with beautiful, bright white stars.
    Banner by Minna.

LittleJM
    Name: Joy
    Title: Howl
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd Years/None
    A/N: I am determined to make the deadlines for these last two drabbles...

“Teddy, dear, it’s too cold to go out tonight.”

The small child pulling Andromeda’s hand frowned.

“No, it’s not,” he tugged a little harder. This was the only night all week he got to stay up late, and he never skipped this opportunity. He opened the door to a flurry of snow.

“I mean it’s too cold for me,” Andromeda shuddered as the cold night air pierced the room.

“Then bring a blanket!” Teddy smiled, running off to find the warmest one. Andromeda sighed.

Teddy wouldn’t miss hearing the wolves howl for all of the Chocolate Frogs in the world.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    Title: Night Moves
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd/5th Years—Sexual Situations, Femmeslash
    A/N: Hope this isn’t too smutty for TTB, lol.

It bites at you, the cold night air, but not quite as sharply as she does while you collide in the moonlight. Everything is a game, a spar, coppery skin duelling with milky white. You live for the moments that she thinks of you and don’t begrudge the ones when she doesn’t. She is in demand, and you are patient.

But what you yearn for the most is that perfect high, that brilliant crescendo when you cry her name and she hisses yours in return. And just for a while, you can even pretend you’re the only one.

Daphne!

Padma.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: lucca4
    Title: Raging Love
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th years; violence and mild profanity

He killed her. Slow and painful. No Avada Kedavra quick release for that cheating b*tch.

It was cold outside. The wind bit at his cheeks as he carried her body and buried it beside a leafless tree – but it felt good because he was warm, so warm, filled with something more bitter and biting than anger.

His son asked for his mother the next morning.

And Theodore Nott told his boy, his namesake, that she had left.

Maybe she will come back, he added, staring at his son’s pleading eyes.

And together they waited for something that would never come.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Seeking Keys
    Name: Lily
    House: Am I allowed to lie and say that I'm a Slytherin? (jk, Hufflepuff)
    Title: So Damn Cold
    Ratings/Warnings: mildd sexual situations, profanity

“Here,” Justin said, wrapping his jacket around Susan. “Is that better?”

“I was fine,” Susan said irritably, turning to look at Justin. “Well, that’s not true. It’s freezing out here. Damn night air.”

“We can go inside,” Justin offered. “You know, stoke up the fire, drink eggnog…” He grinned.

“No,” Susan said, giving him a small smile and leaning her head on his shoulder, relaxing softly into him. “I like it out here. You can see everything from up on the roof.”

Justin stroked her hair for a second. “That’s true,” he said finally. “But it is so damn cold.”
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 31

Your Day 31(and last day) prompt is...

(predictably)

New Year's Eve

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Saturday 10pm GMT. (or more probably 10 am GMT Jan 1st 2012 because NYE is a busy time in the pub trade)

Thank you all for entering and I hope you enjoyed the ride. Results will be announced in January and points awarded for the Spring Term.

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird