Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER—A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS—NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 22—MERGED

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Cold at Heart
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years—None
    A/N: Another In the Ashes teaser…possibly. This occurs after Katie had left Oliver. He’s…not taking it well.

The sound of the rain was drowned out by the wireless, but Oliver barely noticed either. The only thing he allowed in his mind was the drink in his hand. He couldn’t think about her, not when the simple mention of her name made something inside him wither with anger.

He needed a cigarette. Pushing open the front door, he stood under the eaves to avoid the rain, but the noise of it hitting the pavement just droned katiekatiekatiekatiekatie.

Letting out a roar of frustration, the chill in his soul was reflected in the icicles that sprang from the eaves.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Name: harry4lif
    Title: Merry Christmas
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years—Epilogue Disregarded
    A/N: A little indulgence for my Harmony love.

Hermione readied herself for the day inside their little cozy house. She smiled to herself thinking of all that had happened during the past year. This time last year Harry had proposed to her. Now they had a child, and it was their first Christmas as a family.

Hermione walked over to the window and looked out of it, seeing icicles hanging off the side of their house. She was smiling as she turned around to face her husband who still lay in bed.

She went over to her husband’s side.

“Merry Christmas love,” she said as Harry woke up.

~Alyssa

Avvie by Ash/Radcliffefan07 and Banner by Evie/apollo13.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 28

Your Day 28 prompt is...

Leftovers
    (In UK we have a lot of left over turkey, sprouts, potatoes etc etc. You don't have to use the prompt in this way, though.)

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Wednesday 10pm GMT.

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-28-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name:Alex
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: The Floods
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd/ none
    A/N: I have just read V for Vendetta and am chatting to a very environmentally conscious friend of mine. Nuclear war plus global warming plus Potter drabble is possibly not a good mix, but here it is.

Every Christmas Day, Molly gathers what food she has collected, leftovers from meals for months past, and lays the table. She doesnt expect them, but she hopes, and waits nonetheless.

Shes the last one left, bar her scattered grandchildren.They fear a country sinking under the weight of water. Molly doesnt. This is her home, and only death will take her from it.

Sometimes, on dark days, Molly thinks, Perhaps, after all I fought for, after what my son died for, we were wrong. Really were better than Muggles, and for the greater good they should all be slaughtered.
    Banner by Minna.

LittleJM
    Name:Joy
    Title: Not Just Food
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd Years/None
    A/N: More Weasley family dynamics. I'm not much on Ron-moping, but the whole middle child syndrome was on my mind today.

Ever since he was a young child, Ron hated family dinners.

Heated conversation was prevalent among his siblings. His older brothers - a diverse mixture of brains, raw talent, athleticism, and trickery - always had a story to tell. Leave it to his luck to have a younger sibling that was a girl – one that it was considered rude to talk over.

By the time they were all done conversing, Ron realised that there wasn’t much left to say. Everyone else had a distinct contribution to the family; by the time it dwindled down to Ron, it was all the ruddy leftovers.

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    Name: Lilyyyyy
    House: HUFFLEPUFFFF
    Title: Late to the Table
    R/W: Noneee
    A/N: I'm backkk to the challenge! With a really bad drabble...

He always bloody forgot. It sounded odd, but on Christmas Day, he always found himself thinking that his parents should have remembered and that he shouldn’t be there left alone. Usually he wasn’t. But that Christmas, Draco Malfoy was still at Hogwarts.

He didn’t try to make the best of it, of course he didn’t. So he forgot about Christmas Dinner, and he came and he got the leftovers.

That was also odd, because Draco wasn’t the type to get the leftovers. Whether by pushing or shoving, he always found himself at the front of the line.

Not this line.
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    Name: Lilyyy
    House: Hufflepuff...I think Carole knows this
    Title: Overindulgence (how creative am I?)
    R/W: None
    A/N: I really shouldn't be entering but I'm taking advantage of Croll's increasing lateness....

“Don’t eat all that,” Ginny said softly to her brother. “Don’t overindulge, you’ll get sick.”

“No, Ginny, I’m fine,” Ron attempted to say through a full mouth. Ginny rolled her eyes, but didn’t say anything, and continued to let Ron eat whatever he liked.

A few hours later, Ginny walked outside to the gardens, hand in hand with Harry. They heard an awful noise from the bushes.

Ginny discovered Ron standing there, a hand over his mouth. “Yeah, remember how you said I shouldn’t overindulge because I’ll get sick? You were completely right,” Ron said, and turned to vomit again.
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    Title: A Serious Chat
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years—None
    A/N: This is a watercooler moment I picture, though it feels more like a conversation that would take place between urinal neighbours, lol.

“Seamus.”

“Ron.”

“Have a good Christmas?”

“Yeah, you?”

“It was good. Charlie came in from Romania, so Mum was happy.”

“Lavender met my mam for the first time. I think she was trying to put on a show. Packed us off with a year’s worth of leftovers.”

“Yeah, same here.”

“So, I know you and Lav…”

“I’m not sure this is any of my business.”

“It’s just that she—”

“Seamus—”

“She wants me to shave my beard! I like it, and I don’t want to!”

“Oh, thank bloody Merlin.”

“What, did you think I meant…”

“Just shut it.”
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 29

Your Day 28 prompt is...

Relatives
    (We always see - or avoid - relatives at Christmas)

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Thursday 10pm GMT.

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    Name: Soraya
    Title: Facing The Music
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd years; cousin pairing (lol, that’s getting a bit predictable now, isn’t it? ), drinking, swearing without swearwords
    A/N: This is set on New Year's Eve when Lily is nineteen, the year after she leaves Hogwarts.

Louis squeezes Lily’s hand as they enter the living room together. Their relatives are talking and drinking and dancing in the magically enlarged room, and they don't really pay attention when they come in. Lily buries her face into Louis’s shoulder to stifle her giggles when she sees her cousin, Molly, underneath the mistletoe with Lorcan.

“I knew she had a thing for him,” Lily tells Louis gleefully.

“He tried to chat you up, didn't he?” He swears softly under his breath, but not because of that. It’s because Ginny is now standing before them, staring at their clasped hands.
    Last edited by babewithbrains; 12-29-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.