Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER—A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS—NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 22—MERGED

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Thigh High, Oh My!
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd/5th Years—Sexual Situations?
    A/N: Oliver/Roxanne is a ship I think I might have invented, and it was for the benefit of our lovely barmaid Carole. Now I bring you this little snippet from their relationship. I shall never think of stockings in the same way again.

“I’m back!” Oliver called as he fumbled through the front door with his bag from the market. However, when no one answered, he was slightly alarmed. “Roxy?”

Immediately, his brain sprang into panic mode. His mum wasn’t due for Christmas until the next day; what if she was early? She and Roxy were not exactly friendly.

He set the groceries on the kitchen counter and hoped not to find carnage. Instead, he found mile-long legs, decked in thigh-high stockings with candy cane stripes, attached to the most gorgeous woman on the planet. This was going to be a great Christmas.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Welshdevondragon
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Christmas At The Orphanage
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd. None
    A/N:

“I’d just put the stockings up by the chimney, and then went to open the window, you know how it is, it gets so stuffy in here, you have to open it, even when its snowing. Why was he in the kitchen? Because I invited him. He just looked so sad. The others say they’re scared of him, but look at the mite, what is there to be scared of? He says he didn’t do it, and I’m sure he didn’t. I believe him. What eight year old boy tears up stockings and then throws the sweets into the fire?”
    Banner by Minna.

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Seeking Keys
    Name: Lily
    House: Hufflepuff
    R/W: None
    Title: Stockings and Sweaters
    A/N: This is bad. But it's all I could come up with when I should be downstairs visiting with family >.>

“I made a little surprise for the children today,” Mrs Weasley said softly to her husband. “I didn’t make sweaters for them this year.”

Arthur almost coughed on his soup. “Well then, that’s a relief!”

Mrs Weasley looked sternly at him.

“I just mean, they have so many sweaters already, and ….” Mr Weasley trailed off. “What did you make them instead of sweaters?”

“Christmas stockings!” Mrs Weasley said triumphantly. “I know, it’s so much better. I should have thought of it years ago.”

Arthur stood up. “Mollywobbles, I love you, but…are you sure that’s what the kids really need?”
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 25

Your Day 25 prompt is...

"Ho Ho Ho!"
    (note the speech marks; this needs to be said.)

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Sunday 10pm GMT.

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-26-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: Ariana/lucca4
    Title: Three
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years; character death implied

Last December there were four Christmas stockings hanging on the mantelpiece.

Mine was the smallest – a red and green striped one knit by my auntie after I was born. Mummy’s and Daddy’s were matching, red velvet ones with white fluffy cotton encircling the top. Colin’s was only five years old; a thick, deep crimson with a gold border. He’d begged for a new one shortly after he found out what he was. I never asked for a new one. Colin’s was wonderful enough for the both of us.

Last year there were four Christmas stockings.

This year, there are three.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Beneath the Surface
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years—None
    A/N: HA! Take THAT, holiday cheer! Muahahahaha! This grinch’s heart will not be growing any sizes this day, lol. Angst and sadness for all.

“Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas!” called the jolly Santa Claus from the television, which was blaring out the obligatory Christmas special. However, neither Wendall nor Monica Wilkins were really paying attention to the jolly programme. This year, something just seemed so unsuitably melancholy about the joy surrounding the entire season.

None of it felt right. Warm, sunny Christmas felt foreign and wrong, but it wasn’t just that. Something more dwelt just under the skin, and every laugh, every smile on the telly scratched at it and made it bleed to the surface. Something important, something precious, something vital.

Something missing.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 26

Your Day 26 prompt is...
    Apologies for the increasing lateness of these prompts.

Overindulgence

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Tuesday 10pm GMT.

Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-26-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Alex/welshdevondragon
    Title: Too Much Of A Good Thing
    Rating/Warning: Sexual Situations/3rd-5th? I think :-/ It was higher but that pesky word limit got in the way.
    A/N:* Croll-I’m assuming the “this word has to be said” was from yesterday’s prompt-if not then I’ll check back later and edit. Also this moment is quite obviously taken from a story by a much better writer than I, but so as not to spoil that story I won’t say which. Anyone who has read it (which by rights should be everyone) will know what it is. Apologies to the author--I hope you don’t mind
    Yes, it was an error. Overindulgence doesn't have to be said.

Overindulgence, Salazar thought, was a silly word. One could never have too much of a good thing, and a good thing she certainly was. Outside, there was the chorus of bells heralding Christmas Day. Her father would be giving mass even as she, on the pretence of being ill, was being roused to peaks of pleasure she had never achieved in a church.

How could he tire of this? What could possibly ruin the feel of her lips to his skin, her body arching into his, her hands pressing him closer, the sounds produced from those perfectly formed lips:

“Godric!”
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-26-2011 at 02:20 PM.
    Banner by Minna.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 27

Your Day 27 prompt is...
    On time (ish) This one is running alongside Day 26

Icicles

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Tuesday 10pm GMT.

Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-27-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Banner by minnabird

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Where’s the Rum Gone?
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years—None
    A/N: Muggle Christmas celebrations: 1, James: 0. XD

Lily sighed as she leant against the doorframe, watching James vomit into the hedges. She had warned him multiple times. Technically, his predicament was all his own doing, but it didn’t stop her from feeling awful.

She knelt next to him once his sickness abated and stroked the sweaty hair from his forehead before placing a soft kiss on his temple. “All right there, love?”

“Wh-what the hell was in that stuff?” he moaned as he wiped his mouth.

“Just eggnog,” she said before adding, “and rum … lots of rum. This is where I say I told you so.”