Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bookworm's Banners

hogwartsbookworm
    Thanks guys!

Toni: I totally agree with everything you said. I think I'll remake that banner soon, see if I can make it look not quite so bleh-ish, now that I (sort of) know what I'm doing, and with your advice.

Maple: Yay! I'm glad you like it. I agree, on seeing the fairytales banner on here, I thought that too. I wanted it to be kind of... not very noticeable, I guess, when I was making it, but I think it would like better if it was clearer, yeah.
    Last edited by hogwartsbookworm; 09-26-2011 at 01:20 AM.

hogwartsbookworm
    Sorry, I hate to double post, but it's been several weeks since I last posted and I have several new banners.

Bannersssss:

Firstly, a redo of the Toni-ish banner.

And a random banner.

A banner inspired by the all the special programs about 9/11.

And a banner where I messed a bit with layers and stuff.

And, in case anyone felt like asking, I wouldn't mind some requests. In fact, they'd be lovely; I'm running out of ideas for banners. :P So, I guess that makes me
    Available.

EDIT: Also, random clown fish stuff. Probably left over in my head from watching Finding Nemo yesterday.

Banner:

Avvie.
    And, lastly, Wallpaper.

Oh, and Maple, what do you think of this? I made the words less misty.

EDIT: Inspired by one of my favorite tv shows...
    Banner:

Wallpaper: Click.
    Avvies: Click.
    Last edited by hogwartsbookworm; 09-27-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Oh Bookworm, your banners are as good as your drawings! I was wondering if you could make me a banner?
    If you can, can you make me a Gryffindor banner? I've been on the boards for almost a year now so I'm not really a cub any more so I would like a new one. I don't have any specific idea's for it but I would love to see what you come up with
    ~Abi~

This gorgeous banner is by TM_WandStick/Toni =)
    JOIN THE SBBC!
    ON HIATUS

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    The I Believe in Fairytales is sooooo prettty!

I like it even more than I did before
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

hogwartsbookworm
    crazy717: Hey there! Abi, is it? Sure, I'd love to make you a Gryffie banner. I should have it within the week. Keep checking this thread, I'll probably edit it into this post.

Maple: Thanks. I like it better now, too.

EDIT: Abi, I have your banner.

What do you think? If you like it and want to wear it, remember to credit me (preferably not just as Bookworm -- Bookworm/hogwartsbookworm or hogwartsbookworm would be better), no hotlinking, and all that shtuff that bannermakers are supposed to say.

If you don't like it, tell me, and I'll fix it or remake it, whatever you want.
    Last edited by hogwartsbookworm; 10-01-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    thank you so much! It's lovely, putting it as my signature now

~Abi~

This gorgeous banner is by TM_WandStick/Toni =)
    JOIN THE SBBC!
    ON HIATUS

hogwartsbookworm
    Glad you like it, Abi. =)

Going off random ideas for banners still, so here's another Harry/Ginny banner with a Shakespearean twist.

The words are from Shakespeare's Sonnet XCVII.

EDIT: Banner inspired by the song Angel by Sarah McLachlan.
    Big Squareish thingey... perhaps a wallpaper?

Very Available, just fyi.

EDIT: Random banner.

EDIT: More banners.

There are explanations to be had here. I was searching for something to banner, and remembering that a few of my friends are Harmony shippers, I made this.

The title, by the way, is just there because it needed words in that spot. The banner isn't actually for a story called A Difficult Attraction. As far as I know, there isn't a story of that name on mnff. Although I could be wrong; I haven't looked it up to be sure.

Then, still looking for inspiration, I realized something rather ridiculous. I hadn't bannered my OTP yet! So obviously, I had to right that wrong, producing these next few banners. Again, none are for real stories, just vague ideas.

Funnily enough, only melancholy banners would come out. So we have a 'dated, broke up and stayed distant friends but one (or both) still want to get back together' banner;

a 'Hermione went off somewhere on her own (most likely after having dumped Ron) and Ron misses her' banner

(with words from a song in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, in case you were wondering) and lastly, a 'Ron went off somewhere on his own (probably after an argument) and Hermione misses him' banner.

Whew! After reading a great long, grammatically incorrect sentence like that, don't you just want to take a deep mental breath, or is it just me?

Oh, and also: this is pretty obvious, but I thought I'd say it -- I made all three banners using only three pictures. I would've only used two, but the pic of Emma walking by just didn't work for the last banner. 'Twas very fun. I got to know those pictures very well. We're close pals.

EDIT: I made this banner last week, and just now remembered I hadn't put it up for you to see.

And you may recognize some of the pictures I used in it... I'm a shameful pretty-pic-snatcher.
    Last edited by hogwartsbookworm; 11-01-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Hi Bookworm!
    The banners on your thread are awesome, and I'd absolutely love for you to do the banner for my story! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Nora Writes ~ Nora Draws ~ Nora Duels ~ Nora Drabbles ~ Nora Betas

My fabulous Doctor Who banner is by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

hogwartsbookworm
    Hey! Glad to see you here. I've thought of a few things I need to know that you didn't specify in your request over in banner wanted. First, do you want the movie Narcissa on the banner? And second, do you want your author name on the banner?

EDIT: Nevermind. I've already started on the banner, so I'll just assume that you want movie Narcissa, and you can ask for me to take your username off or put it on when you see it.

EDIT AGAIN: Well, I couldn't keep my hands off of this banner, so it's done a bit sooner than expected. Voila!

With your name:

Without your name (and my personal favorite):

If you want any changes let me know, remember to credit (preferably as hogwartsbookworm or Bookworm/hogwartsbookworm), no hotlinking, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum.

EDIT: Inspired by the song Haunted by Taylor Swift.
    Last edited by hogwartsbookworm; 11-24-2011 at 09:32 PM.