Thread: Background of new skin

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?

Background of new skin

The new archive skin is gorgeous, but I went through all ten skins and not a one of them has the old background color - that blue-grey that was so easy on the eyes. One of the things that I've always loved about reading fics on the old MNFF skin was that it didn't have the harsh effect of black-text-on-white. Is there any way we could possibly have that background color back in one of the skins?

Something else people have mentioned when we were discussing skins is that we can't remove favorites except using the mod-only skin which we now cannot access because it's, you know, mod-only.

Just a few quibbles, otherwise the new skins are gorgeous. =)

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    I'm sorry! I hadn't realised the story background had been changed to pure white. I'll look into changing that straight away.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

I just wanted to say that I agree with minna – reading on a completely white background can be very tiring, and I don't really like doing it at all. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to give one of the skins an off-white or the old blueish-grey background, right? Maybe at some point in the future we can bring that back...
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    All of the skins have now been adapted with tonal colours. Hopefully they should be kinder on your eyes. Please let me know if there are any which still hold too much of a contrast against they text.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    Thanks, the new background colors are sooo much better. <3