Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lily — Available for One-Shots Only

Apple Wood Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph

Lily — Available for One-Shots Only

AVAILABLE.

I may come across as harsh. I don't think I am, no one I beta for thinks I am, but, I do give my opinion and I generally don't sugarcoat.

As anyone will tell you, I leave a lot of comments on the work I do, all of which I mean genuinely.

This MAY mean that you will be insulted by my criticism, even though every single one of my betaees has assured me otherwise :P

I do NOT accept Student/Teacher Romances, no matter what.

I will, however, accept all ratings and warnings other than the obvious one that goes along with the ship I do not accept. While I do ship Romione and Nevilluna and Scily very, very strongly, that does NOT mean I won’t accept a Dramione or Scorose. I will happily accept all ships, including SSP as long as they aren’t ?surprise surprise? Student-Teacher Romance.

I also go along with whatever genre floats your boat, guys. I will be the first to admit that my sense of Humour is very odd, so I may not be the best beta to help you with a funny story, and I don’t often read Alternate Universe , so you may not want to have me do that. But I certainly will if you want me to.

I tend to use Microsoft Word 2010 (but I can convert if need be) and Track Changes (Believe me, if you’ve never used them, they’re awesome). But if you need me to convert/use something different, I won’t have a problem with that.

At the moment I am available for three oneshots and NO chaptered fics. So go ahead and ask.

Stories that I have beta-ed/am currently betaing:

All Was Well...In The End by iLuna17

The Rope by welshdevondragon [not on archives anymore]

Or Forever Hold Your Peace by pottergirl33

Snape's Son by FearlessFlyer

Second Guesses by Acacia Carter [chapter 13 only]

Cold by ithinkrabis2people

Ascendio by iLuna17

Your Anatomy by Lovelle

Constant Craving by Envy_I_May_Be

Unabsolved by AidaLuthien

Let the Land Shake by welshdevondragon [first chapter of first version only]

[untitled] by minnabird

Restless by the owl (not on archives)

Honey Come Home by theloonyhermione (not on archives)

The Dying of the Light by minnabird

At the End of the Tunnel by Ginny Weasley Potter

Yellow Hat by iLuna17

and various drabbles!

(I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting, so I may edit more in later. If I've betaed a story of yours and it's not up on this list a PM is lovely )

Thank you for reading through this mess, and feel free to request using THIS handy-dandy form.

UserName/Preferred Name:
    Story:
    Genre:
    Ships:
    Rating and Warnings:
    Word Count:
    One Shot or Chaptered:
    What I especially need help with:
    Summary:
    PM or email:
    Color Changes or Track Changes:
    Lily xxx
    Last edited by Padfoot11333; 08-10-2015 at 02:34 PM.
    Lily Writes ♥ 2qp Blogs ♥ postcardsfromrussia AO3's

banner by nadia/majestic_ginny | avi by tm_wandstick

Ascendio
    Hi Lily! You don't have a little set-up for people to submit, so here's the info I thought you'd like
    UserName/Preferred Name: Ascendio, you can call me Annie though.
    Story: Yet to Have a Title
    Genre: Romance
    Ships: James/Lily
    Rating and Warnings: Wow. . .can't actually think of any. Possibly violence, it's only a bit of dueling though.
    Word Count: 2400
    One Shot or Chaptered: One Shot
    What I especially need help with: Well like you I'm not great with commas, however I don't think it's too bad in this fic so should be fine. Also, to make sure everyone stays firmly in character and that it doesn't get too obnoxiously fluffly, because it is a rather fluffly fic.
    Summary: I don't usually have an official summary written out until just before I submit it, but it's basically a moment with Lily and James during their seventh year on the lake at Hogwarts.

Also, I prefer color changes over email, if that's okay with you and you're willing to do this.

Apple Wood Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hmm. Your fic sounds good, and I'm a sucker for James/Lily, so I'll take it. I'll PM you with my email address and you can send me the fic. I'll get it back as quickly as I can.

Lily

AVAILABLE

Sparx
    UserName/Preferred Name: StarkidSkyler-MNFF. I (obviously) go by Skyler
    Story: The Untold Story
    Genre: Romance
    Ships: James/Lily
    Rating and Warnings: none
    Word Count: first chapter is 2700
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered
    What I especially need help with: Just another opinion on the style of my writing, seeing how it comes off to others.
    Summary: This is the story of how Lily and James went from enemies to more than friends; how she and Severus parted ways. Very canon-compliant, basically just an illustration of the story that JKR intended.
    PM or email: PM, or email is fine.

Apple Wood Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    devondemius--will have o pass--really, really sorry! I have a heck of a lot going on in life right now and I'm literally trying to finish up everything I have going so I can go on temporary hiatus.

And with that, I declare myself

unavailable

DevonDemius
    UserName/Preferred Name: Penname is Devon Demius, but my real name is Kat
    Story: The Demius Cousins
    Genre: General Fics
    Ships: It follows the canon relationships, with added OC relationships
    Rating and Warnings: Non so far
    Word Count: It΄s not finished, but around 1500 per Chapter.
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered
    What I especially need help with: Just making sure it΄s not to Mary Sue, and corrections and an unbiased opinion
    Summary: The Demius Cousins attend Hogwarts and make friends that will change their lives.
    PM or email: Katja_magic@hotmail.com
    Color Changes or Track Changes: not sure what this is.

DevonDemius
    AH that's okay good luck finishing up!

Apple Wood Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    I'm back guys! Sorry I completely forgot I even had this thread

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Username: welshdevondragon
    Story: The Rope
    Genre: D/A
    Ships: OC/OC pos. a bit of Tonks/ Lupin and Fred/ Alicia
    Rating and Warnings: Professors/ Sixth or seventh years- I'm not sure. Suicide, strong profanity, character death, abuse, violence, non-consensual sex. I think that's it- oh, and substance abuse
    Word Count (about): 10 chapters (I think)- varying but usually about 4000 words
    One shot or chaptered: chaptered
    Permanent: (Y/N) For this story, yes
    Summary:

You’re okay now, I suppose
    You’re not pulled by the rope
    I’m pulled by the pull on my throat
    I’m pulled by the rope
    I swing from the trees into the slope
    Hold my head high, just by the tip of my toes
    And he lies, he lies, so sweet that I choke.

Liz White, a vampire, ostracised from Muggle, magical and vampiric society exists on the fringes, fighting her addiction to blood.

One summer’s night, just before the Ministry falls, she takes home and bites the Muggle-born Terry Boot. Thinking she’s killed him, Liz calls her erstwhile lover, and leader of the vampires, to help her dispose of the body.

And not all is fair in love and war.

Liz White and Mordred appear briefly in chapter 8 of my story A Darkling Plain but this story works in its own right. The quotation above is from the Laura Marling song The Beast.

The professors rating is for later chapters and precautionary therefore might be brought down to 6th/7th years.
    The first chapter of this story is up. The link is here

The first two chapters of this story are up, and the third in the queue. So you can give them a read, and I'll send you the third and fourth. The third has been beta-ed, but I'd love a second opinion on it, and can edit your changes in once its validated. If you don't like the story/ find what's been written interesting, then I won't be offended

Alex
    Banner by Minna.

Apple Wood Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Alex-

I already told you I would do it over PM and that hasn't changed, but I do have one problem: I can't read the fic o.O because of the issues with higher-rated stories. (It won't let you go past the table of contents)

So....here is my executive decision. Since I read the summary, found it interesting, and LOVE your other work, I'll say yes. But you will have to PM me the first two chapters. Cool?

-Lily

available
    Last edited by Padfoot11333; 12-07-2011 at 11:15 PM.