Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liandrin: Limited Availability

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch

Liandrin: Limited Availability

~Available For One-Shots~

Username: Liandrin

Genres: Pretty much everything.

Ships: I will beta any ship except Harry/Ginny, Draco/Hermione, and James/Lily. My preferences are Draco/Ginny or anything involving Theodore Nott or Gellert Grindelwald.

Ratings and Warnings: Anything is fine, including slash and femmeslash.

One-shots or Chaptered: Right now, I only have time to do one-shots. I'm currently beta-ing for three girls (all chaptered stories), as well as writing my own fan fiction. Oh, and working. That thing.

Turn Around Time: A week.

Strengths: SPaG, characterisation, plot, syntax, dialogue/attributives, consistency, some British-isms, etcetera. I am comprehensive with my critique; although I won't hold your hand, I will never be rude.

Weaknesses: Canon. I am not an expert. I look up everything in the HP Lexicon like most people. American colloquialisms. While I am versed in several different styles of SPaG (British, Canadian, Australian/New Zealand, South African, and America), I am still prone to lapses of judgement, especially when it comes to cultural differences in writing. This is why I will never just change your writing but offer suggestions. ^_^

Style: MSWord (.doc) using Track Changes or Open Office (.odt) using Record Changes. I'll take .rtf files, if you don't have the above, and add comments and make the appropriate changes. I'm flexible.

Other Information/Qualifications: I have a Masters degree, but not in English Literature. I have written a two-hundred page thesis though. *waves it about* It makes for great kindling. ^_~

Accreditation: My PI beta profile is under the name Incognito. While I do have a lot of experience beta-ing (one-shots and chaptered), all of this work is on FIA and FFN. If you want an example, just let me know.

Please use this form when requesting:

PHP Code:
    [B]Username:[/B]
    [
    B]Story Title:[/B]
    [
    B]Genre:[/B]
    [
    B]Ships:[/B]
    [
    B]Rating and Warnings:[/B]
    [
    B]Word Count:[/B]
    [
    B]One Shot or Chaptered:[/B]
    [
    B]Summary:[/B
    Last edited by Liandrin; 05-24-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck

Username: Kuri
    Story Title:Not titled yet
    Genre: Self- Discovery/ General
    Ships:OC - OC
    Rating and Warnings:6 -7th Years
    Word Count:Still Being Written 4000 - 5000 at most
    One Shot or Chaptered: One-Shot
    Summary: Wade did not want to get involved in another relationship; he just got released from the clutches of a bloodthirsty divorce. When a close friend asks him for advice, he jumps to the occassion, espeacially for his grandson. Everything else just fell into place and he couldn't walk away from her. It was just a kiss.

NOTE: You certainly sound qualified. I'm on the brink of getting my BA in English, so don't laugh if this is a horrible draft. (It will be ...)

This is an attempt at the third option Original Character One-Shot Challenge in Madam Promfrey's Character Clinic. I'm thinking of doing a second one, if you're up for it.

Are you willing to be a permanent beta? Like I said, you look like you know true writing.

Consider it. Let me know.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Hey, Kuri. Sounds good--both one-shots. Just drop me a PM with your email addy, and I'll send you mine. ^_^ As for permanent beta, we can see about that. That might be feasible in the summer when I have more time off work. However, if you're only handing me something once every two weeks, then permanent could work. ^^

Note: My MA is not in English Lit. Heh. But thank you for the compliment. ^^

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Kuri, did you still need a beta? I sent you a PM with my email addy. Let me know if you need me or not. ^^

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi Lia! I know you said you're only available for oneshots, but this is a short chaptered. 13K at the most. Can you do it? Here's the form thingy anyway.

Username: babewithbrains on the beta boards but xxbabewithbrainsxx on the archives
    Story Title: Wands and Roses
    Genre: Mystery probably
    Ships: Scorose, Dominique/OC, Dominique/Another OC
    Rating and Warnings: 6th-7th years, Strong Profanity, Slash, Violence, Character Death, DH Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Sexual Situations.
    Word Count: Erm, I haven't finished it YET. But I'm close, and it looks like it's going to be under 13K. No more than that.
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered, but please see above.
    Summary:
    BREAKING NEWS: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH IN THE WANDS AND ROSES CASE

Rose Weasley, newly appointed member of the Magical Law Enforcement and niece of the Head of Auror Department, Harry Potter, is now in custody after being arrested on suspicion of the murder of her cousin, Dominique Wood. Miss Weasley’s wand was found at the scene, and it clearly indicated that it had indeed performed three Killing Curses, along with the bodies of Mrs. Wood, her husband and her three-year-old child, Ophélie. Auror Scorpius Malfoy has confirmed that an investigation is undergoing, although neither Auror Potter nor the rest of the Weasley-Potter family are available for comment.
    Pretty please, Lia?

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Sure, love, I'll make an exception just for you. I'll send you a PM with my email addy.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Hello! I think you're one of the only betas whose okay with slash and who I haven't tried yet (and Soraya said you were very helpful with the prologue of Blood and Roses ) so I was wondering if you had the time/ were willing to help me with a one-shot for the Mysterious May Challenge.

Username: welshdevondragon/
    Story Title: Tentatively titled "Seashell"
    Genre: probably Romance
    Ships: OC/ Blaise's aunt and a bit of Blaise's parents.
    Rating and Warnings: Violence, non-consensual sex, sexual situations, strong profanity, slash. Possibly character death (I've written a first draft but it needs a lot of work before I'd let any other eyes see it)
    Word Count: At the moment about 5000. COuld go up or down.
    One Shot or Chaptered: One-shot
    Summary: (I hate writing summaries and this will definitely change)

Juliet Zabini has enough to worry about. She is trying to sustain an affair without anyone finding out and without losing her lover, who is finding the secrecy increasingly untenable, her mother is dying, she thinks her sister in law will kick her out of the house any day now and the family jewels, the Cordalis diamonds, are missing. The last thing she needs is a private detective hired by her brother to start poking his nose in.
    Please? The deadline has been extended to 30th June, but I'd like this in the queue by the 20th just in case. I hope that's all right
    Banner by Minna.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Sure, I'll help. I'm not an expert on slash or anything, but I enjoy pretty much anything. I'll PM you with my details. I look forward to working with you.

Simply Being
    Hey Lia I'm searching for a Beta and I do like working with fellow SBBC-ers. Anyway, I know that you are limited availability but I'd thought I'd ask. If you are too overloaded it's no problem, I'm not in a hurry.

Username: Simply Being
    Story Title: "Peace and Quiet" at the moment. Subject to change.
    Genre: General
    Ships: None
    Rating and Warnings: None
    Word Count: 2,245
    One Shot or Chaptered: One Shot
    Summary: It takes place directly after the Final Battle, focusing on all the "Gryffindor" boys (Harry, Ron, Dean, Seamus, Neville). The "theme" of the story focuses on despite the epic battle that they've just fought, they're still not truly adults. Kind of a "loss of innocence" type of story, I guess.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Hi. I sure can beta this; however, I probably won't be able to get around to it until next week or the week after. I'll send you a PM with my info (and a bit of an explanation).