Thread: Post Count in Poetry, Anyone?

Euphrates

Post Count in Poetry, Anyone?

This has been brought up a few times there, but I just wanted to make a formal suggestion.

(If this is the wrong place for it, please tell me and I'll leave )

The Poetry, Anyone? forum has recently gotten a lot more active (thanks to you, Roxy), and every post there is constructive - I'd say 90% of the posts in that forum are critique on other people's poetry. And I was wondering if that made it worthy of actually increasing our post count? It's a bit like the Excerpts of Murtlap forum where, if I'm correct, the posts do count.

This is a thought I've had since my newer days, when I actually did worry about post count and all those fun things. Just something to ponder. It doesn't really affect anything of anything.

(This all sounded much more pertinent in my head. v_v)

--Kate

MissyQuill
    I agree with Kate. The posts in Poetry Anyone? are only either critique or challenge submissions (with only very few exceptions) so making them count towords total post count is reasonable.=Sammy

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I agree... some people (not me, unfortunately) put a lot of work in Poetry Anyone and post count, although a silly thing, can be a satisfying reward.

And, it'd be just that bit more incentive for those crazy post-count competive freaks *coughlikeIusedtobecough*.

~Phia

(Avvie and banner by me, quote from Fancy, by John Keats)

Marauder by Midnight
    All three of you bring up very valid points. I'll put this on our to-discuss list with the moderators

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    To the point of post counts, I was also wondering if post counts could be added for Dean's Corner as well. I realize that a quite a few comments only say, "Cool! You're amazing! Please post more!", but recently, a lot of the thread members have been working to leave one another lengthly critiques in order to help one another in the pursuit of becoming better artists. And the artists themselves put a lot of time into their work. I know many of my drawings can end up taking hours, and more often, days.

Just a suggestion.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

... Not to spam, but while we're on the topic of post counts, here, I was just curious as to why posts in the SBBC don't count. I'm not at all concerned with the number, but it is our job to provide fanfic with [at times rather lengthy] critique, so wouldn't that be helpful enough to warrant the post count? Again, I'm not as concerned with the post count as I am with the fact that posts in the SBBC don't show up when you click on the 'new posts' tab [and then I forget about my forum and don't realise that anyone's posted until days later, but that's my own fault >.<] ... Then again, there may not even be a correlation between the two, seeing as Poetry Anyone? posts show up when I click 'new posts'. Anyway, I was just wondering if there's any particular reason for that.

Again, sorry for the spam. This isn't really a suggestion, which is why I didn't think it warranted its own thread.

As for the Poetry, Anyone? and Dean's Corner, I think a post count would be nice. But I don't go in either of those threads, so I'll stay out of that.

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Dragon vs. Little Wooden Stick
    I bet you guys didn't think we were still here, did you?

muHAHAHA.

I have a bit of an update for you. After a bit of a vote, we are allowing posts to count in the SBBC and SPEW.

Hopefully that works for everyone . . . for the time being.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to make MNFF the amazing forum that it is!

~Nicole

The initial question is STILL on the table, just to be clear . . .
    Last edited by NikkiSue; 11-11-2012 at 05:27 AM.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3