Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: By Royal Decree

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    After this past month's lack of participation, as well as the non-hiatus membership being down to a whopping ONE person (who also did not complete their requirements for September), I'm at a point where I have to make a crucial decision about the future of this group.

As it stands, SPEW has one active member and two on hiatus, and that isn't enough to keep the lights on, honestly. It's with a heavy heart, because I never wanted this to happen under my watch, that I will be suspending all SPEW activity for the rest of the calendar year. The interest simply isn't there, despite my best efforts to give you all what you wanted as described in the survey, and disinterested reviewers aren't what this group is about. It should be fun, challenging, and something you look forward to doing — not that large onus on the 15th of the month that you have to 'get out of the way'. We lost that somewhere, and it's my sincere hope that absence will make the heart grow fonder.

Starting on January 1st, I will start sending out PMs to all current members and those who have been in the group for the past year, asking about interest in rejoining the group. If there are at least three people who would like to carry on with SPEW, I will reopen the group on January 16th; if not, I may close the doors until the summer when more people would be likely to join for the first time or old members might have time to come back.

Lastly, though, I'd like to thank you all for your efforts in the past, as well as your beautiful reviews. It's been a privilege guiding you all to enrichment, and I sincerely hope that January will mark the start of a new era.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    After five months of brainstorming, soul-searching, and maybe a little bit of self-reinvention, SPEW is back and better than ever.

But what's this? Things have changed around here, haven't they? What I've done in these months is give SPEW the facelift it's needed for ages. The focus of the group is now on improvement, with an emphasis on teamwork and fundamental skills. These aspects of SPEW will cater to the casual and avid member alike and still make room for both. You don't have to be a fantastic reviewer to be a member; you just have to love reviewing.

The usergroup is now empty, save for Soraya (my partner in crime and RAC Queen) and myself. If you were a member of SPEW in the past and would like to become a member again or retain your membership, please submit a join request for the usergroup and shoot me a PM. Everyone else, if I could draw your attention to the shiny, new About SPEW, SPEW Rules, and How to Join thread in the SPEW forum and see what it takes to fly the SPEWly skies. Our new, open membership policies make the group more accessible to the average member, and I would love to see some new faces in town.

Join, join, join away! SPEW is open for business!
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.