Thread: Third Person Omniscient Stories?

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!

Third Person Omniscient Stories?

I'm thinking of attempting (attempting being the important word) to write a story in third person omniscient, but I've never read a third person omniscient fanfic. Does anyone know of any/ think they're worth reading and have pulled that 'voice' off?

Alex
    Banner by Minna.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    I haven't read a fanfic in third-person omniscient, but I have read an extremely good book. It's called The Book Thief, and it's about a girl living in Nazi Germany. It's written from the perspective of Death, and it could be a good start if you're thinking about writing something in third-person perspective.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    I've read The Book Thief. It is excellent. Mill On The Floss by George Eliot/ Marian Evans is also in third person omniscient but that's obviously way, way above what I could possibly write (not that The Book Thief isn't, but I think George Eliot is one of the greatest writers ever). So I'm looking to see if anyone else has ever attempted it in fanfic.

EDIT: Just wrote the first chapter in third person omniscient and found it too cold and detached, which won't work for this story. But still interested if anyone else has attempted and succeded with it in fanfiction
    Banner by Minna.