Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum Glitches

Hybrid View

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...

New Forum Glitches

Hello everyone,

I hope you're enjoying looking around our new forums.

If you notice anything odd or encounter any problems, please feel free to contact a member of staff or post them in this thread. We'll all be online regularly over the next week or so to try and address any problems as they arise.

Thank you and enjoy!

~ Roxy Black

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Great job!! You guys are awesome.

So what exactly is the Visitor Messaging System and how does it work?

THANKS!

~Gina

PS. I am having an inconsistent time logging in. Sometimes it works, but it doesn't seem to stick. And there doesn't seem to be a log-in window on all the skins. Thanks again!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    Hey, guys, I think you've done a great job with the new forums, and I know you have had to put a lot of hard work into them. Some of the new features are really nice - like this nifty Quick Reply box, I missed having these - and I dunno if this counts as a glitch or not but - the new quote boxes are really not working out for things like drabble threads - everything's in italics in them, which isn't really desirable for posting a drabble because you might want to use italics within the drabble to signify things like thoughts. Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the character limit, which is either not computing things correctly or suddenly including what's in quotes. Thanks for your time, and hope this isn't too impertinent/annoying.

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Why Are We Looking for Trevor Right now?
    Hey guys. Love the new boards! One random thing I noticed, in the skins from the old site, I'm not able to log out of my user name. I also don't have the notifications, or my profile options like the new skin has at the top. It isn't a glitch per say, as i never log out anyway, the only reason I noticed is because Lys and I were sharing a computer, and she couldn't figure out where to log me out so she could log in. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention. Otherwise it looks and works great! Thank you so much for all your hard work. I love the new site.

-Ash
    Probably on Permanant Hiatus

Banner links to my new story Pictures in the Life of a Werewolf! Feel free to read and review!

Banner by the Amazing Nadia/majestic_ginny

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hello. These boards are awesome.

But I can't find the log-in button on the hogwarts skins. It's there on the TakeFive one, and the Mist ones, but I think it got confuddled when the skins got converted. Unless it's right in front of my face and I missed it.

Megan
    Kinda really hiatus-y at present.
    And Julia, this avatar is really pretty. Je l'adore.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Hey guys, awesome boards! Love the whole thing!

So I was going through the BAT threads, and when I clicked the "go to next thread" thingy, a message appeared saying:

You have been banned for the following reasons:
    No reason specified.

Day the ban will lift: Never
    I freaked out a bit. I closed that tab and tried logging in again, and it worked.

Just letting you know!

--Nadia

P.S.: Why is everything centered?

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Unspeakable
    Please accept my apologies for the somewhat scary "banned for life" messages. There have been new details added to every single usergroup which has caused them to act as 'banned' groups on certain forums. I'm making my way through the groups now and once they are all corrected you should be able to access the boards with no problems.

We are aware of continued problems with the 'Hogwarts' skins - they were not designed for this software and will take a bit of tweaking before we get them to work properly. Please use the 'TakeFive' or 'mist' style skins if you are finding logging in and out, or the centered text to be a problem.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Originally posted:

Rejected

I hope someone still checks this thread!

I was trying to register for an account. At first it said I was under "moderation" so I could only see a few parts of the forum. Then the next day, I received an email saying that my registration was rejected. I'm not sure exactly why. And I've sent an email back about a week ago, but no one has gotten back to me. Can someone here help?
    Please send an email to: mnffstaff1@gmail.com with they username you registered with for the forums. I check that email daily.

Every user must be manually approved by an admin. Though I try to only delete spammers when denying registrations, I do sometimes deny genuine registrations. I apologize for this but it can be taken care of relatively simply once you email me.
    Terri
    Last edited by mudbloodproud; 10-05-2012 at 12:48 AM.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Hello!

I got a PM today, and it didn't show up on this forum...I had to go to the old ones to see it.

Thanks!

~Maple
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Unspeakable
    If it was sent on the old forums, then that's where it will be received. Please tell whoever sent it that they should move to the new forums.

+ Reply to Thread