Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SingingWren's Banners

SingingWren

SingingWren's Banners

I'll confess, I was coerced into making this thread. Darn you, Maple_and_PhoenixFeather and your persistent coaxing! Well, here I am. I make no claims that I'm any good, but it'll be nice to at least have people see a little of my work. If anyone, for some reason I can't begin to fathom, wants to request a banner (and I guess now I do avatars as well), I'm UNAVAILABLE for requests at the moment.

Username: SingingWren
    Name: Karen (good a time as any to reveal it)
    Graphics program of choice: Gimp 2.6.8
    How long you have been designing: For about 4 months
    Specialties: Hard to tell, as I'm still rather new at this. I tend to favour simplicity and darker colours (don't expect much pink from me ), and I suppose I'm pretty good at blending.
    Favourite FanFic Category: Trio Era, adventure/a little romance. I have a particular affinity for Peggy Sue stories, for some reason.
    OTP: Severus/Lily

If you'd like to request, here's the form. This is for story banners. If you'd just like a general banner, feel free to remove any points that don't apply. Or don't use the form, I really have no preference.

Title of your Story:
    Author Name: (If you would like it on the banner)
    Catch phrase: (Only if you would like one, of course)
    Overall look of the banner: (i.e. colors, images)
    Fonts: (i.e. specific name of font or a general idea)
    Characters: (Specific Characters in the banner? If so, would you like movie characters or images of your choosing or my choosing)
    Story Summary: (So we can get a feel of your story, a link would be peachy as well)
    Banner size: (So it fits in with the rest of your signature; may not exceed 300x500px)
    Have You Requested This Banner Before?:
    Anything else?
    Here are a couple samples of the stuff I've done.

*All banners below are arranged in order of most recent to least.*

Story Banners

Realization - For Maple
    Fiction - For hpheart

Song Banners

Blackbird - The Beatles
    My Body is a Cage - Arcade Fire
    Walking Her Home - Mark Schultz
    The Drumming Song - Florence and the Machine
    The Scientist - Coldplay
    Slowdancing in a Burning Room - John Mayer
    I Can Feel YourHeartbeat - Enrique Iglesias (For Annalise28)
    Existentialism on Prom Night - Straylight Run
    Upward Over the Mountain - Iron and Wine
    Under the Knife - Rise Against
    Blame Me Blame Me - Anberlin
    Brothers on a Hotel Bed - Death Cab For Cutie
    Mistakes We Knew We Were Making - Straylight Run

Miscellaneous Banners

Life On Mars
    Criminal Minds - for princessbipolar
    Vindicated
    Nymph, in thy orisons...

Avvies

Life on Mars Claymation
    Criminal Minds Quote
    Red Vines

Kay, that's about it!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    What's With Mars?
    May I please just squee over that banner in your signature? I think that it is very, very lovely indeed.

I don't have any requests at the moment, but when I do, I shall be back!

Oh, and in your 'blame me' banner, it looks so much better that you've taken the other child out!! Yay!!
    I love your banners.

-Megan
    INDEFINITE HIATUS

AMAZING banner by Julia (theopaleye)

SingingWren
    Aww, thanks to both of you! And thank you especially to those who helped me fix up my first banner, it looks a whole lot better now.

I suppose I should post my latest banner, because it's not going to stay my signature forever (glad you like it, FawkestotheRescue!)

EDIT: Whoops. This should go after MapleandPhoenixFeather's post.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Yay!!! Karen made a banner thread!!
    You know which ones I like...heck, I wore one
    Your so good at bannering
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    Hey!

I love your banners, especially for a beginner. To all KA'ers who read this, I am so jealous of your skills. You're all getting so much better so much quicker than I did *sigh* But I am still epically proud of you.

Karen, the Blame Me banner looks amazing <3 and the one in your sig So simple yet so great.

*proud face*

Good luck with all future bannering endeavors

~ Lise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

SingingWren
    Annalise28: Wow, thank you so much! Yay, I'm glad I made you proud

Here's a new one. I should have been doing my homework, but I'm afraid this was far more interesting.

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?

Cool

Whoa that blend is... just make sure itm: less than 150 000p (LxW).

So, since I am astounded at your amazingness, I figured I should help to get those creative juices flowing xD (and I also want a banner by you. Hehe.)

So, I would love a banner for the song 'Heartbeat'.

So, conditions (imma make this a challenge ):
    The banners standout colour must be RED.
    It has to have 'stop stealing my heart away...' written on it. In two fonts.
    It has to have at least three pictures and one texture.

That'a all for now!

~ Lise x

SingingWren
    Oh, awesome! I've already gotten started .

Just two questions though: do you also want the word "heartbeat" on the banner, or just the lyrics? And secondly, at the risk of sounding extremely green, what do you mean by texture? I've heard the term, but never really figured out its definition in the context of bannermaking.

Oh, and while I've got you answering questions , is it common practice for one to start moving new banners into the first post and make an anthology of sorts of older banners which are no longer displayed? That's what I've seen in most other posts, but I wasn't sure how often then you update the first post with new banners. Any advice would be most helpful.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Quote Originally Posted by SingingWren
    Here's a new one. I should have been doing my homework, but I'm afraid this was far more interesting.
    *cough* 4000 word essay (and many other things) *cough cough*
    On a ligit note...

YOUR BANNER SKILLS ARE AMAZING!! Please teach me your awesomeness. Cough* TOK *Cough*

Your words always perfectly match your banners, and you blend amazingingly (I SUCK AT BLENDING, PLEASE HELP!!)

~Mapleeeeeeeee W-L
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?

Cool

Oh, awesome! I've already gotten started.
    Hehe, awesome. I'm excited to see what you do!

Just two questions though: do you also want the word "heartbeat" on the banner, or just the lyrics? And secondly, at the risk of sounding extremely green, what do you mean by texture? I've heard the term, but never really figured out its definition in the context of bannermaking.
    Originally I meant no, for the first question, but if you like it better that way, then fine! And a texture is a picture with no sense or context or.. anything. It's often different colours in a banner, with a sort of texture to it. I'm afraid that made no sense so .:here is one:.

I suppose it can also be things like stars, which when set on Lighten Only, make a really good texture. Also .:this banner:. uses plenty of these sorts of textures.

So yeah, play around and I'm sure you find something you like. Of course, the number isn't exact, so if I said two you can definitely go over that, just not under

Oh, and while I've got you answering questions , is it common practice for one to start moving new banners into the first post and make an anthology of sorts of older banners which are no longer displayed? That's what I've seen in most other posts, but I wasn't sure how often then you update the first post with new banners. Any advice would be most helpful.
    Yeah! As soon as you have more than five banners (the max), you can start linking all of your banners in a list. Just look around other peoples threads and find a style you like, or even start your own! You can look in my thread for an idea, if you want, because my thread is very.. organised, I suppose. It has a lot in the first post

Hope this all helps!

~ Lise x