Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~Prompt 9 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

Hybrid View

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

~Prompt 9 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE!

PROMPT 9!

Welcome to The Three Broomsticks Easter 100 word Challenge!

It was Easter last week, and you know what that means! Not only will Madam Russia be stuffing herself with chocolate for a good few days, but your barmaids have devised a very special Easter 100 word challenge for you.

I, Madam Russia, will be your resident Easter bunny and every 2 days I will be dropping drabble prompts in the form of different kinds of Easter eggs.

Each kind of egg will be accompanied by a SHORTexplanation which you should use as your prompt to write a drabble of between 90 and 100 words. (no more than 100)

2 participation points will be awarded to each author who submits a drabble. You may enter as many drabbles as you like for each prompt, but participation points will only be awarded once per egg type. A winner will be chosen from each prompt and will receive a further 5 points, and if you manage to complete all 9 prompts, you will receive another 5 points for your house.

There will be 9 prompts in total, prompt nine (the final prompt! All Madam Russia's chocolate is nearly gone! ) is as follows and you have until 10pm BST on 5th May to complete it.

PROMPT 9:
    Egg Type: China Egg
    Drabble prompt:Hearts, like glass, are easily broken.
    You may use any characters/eras, canon or non-canon. Write whatever you feel like!

It is not necessary to include the egg, or an egg of any kind. Nor is it necessary to reference Easter, you can write whatever you feel like, as long as it centres around the phrase underneath the egg type.

PHP Code:
    Here is the form for your drabble:
    [
    B]Name:[/B]
    [
    B]House:[/B]
    [
    B]Title:[/B]
    [
    B]Ratings/Warnings:[/B]
    [
    B]Word Count:[/B]
    [
    B]A/N:[/B

HAVE FUN DRABBLERS!

Lots of Easter love, The Barmaids xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare

~Prompt 9 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

Name: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: My Brother, My Hero
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years -- None
    Word Count: 100
    A/N: And yes, I do believe big brothers are that big of gits.

“Are you going to Gran’s today?” Lily looked at James hopefully.

James grunted, “No. I’m going to Garrett’s.” When he saw that she was about to speak, he added, “You’re not going.”

“Whyyyyyy?” she whined.

“Because you’re a barnacle. No one likes barnacles, Sis.”

Without another word, James Flooed away, leaving Lily wondering what a barnacle was, why they were hated, and why her brother hated her at all.

Moments later, Harry strolled into the kitchen.

“Daddy, what are barnacles?”

“Creatures that cling to the sides of boats.”

“Are they bad?”

“Usually.”

When Lily burst into tears, Harry shouted, “James!”
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Name: Ginny Weasley Potter
    House: Hufflepuff!
    Title: Seventeen and Possibly Pregnant
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years, none
    A/N: Daisy and Chris-- my OCs. The original story had this scene from Daisy's PoV. Here's an insight on Chris's thoughts.

“Ithinkimpregnant.”

The words reverberated in his head over and over again, evoking a sickening pulsation throughout his body. She had loved him, believed in him and told him of her one fear. Who had gotten her pregnant (if at all) anyway? He had.

It had been so easy to tell her that he wanted a split in their relationship. She hadn’t put up much of a fight— she had just left, blinking back tears.

Merlin, she was a strong girl. And he was a terrible person. He had just broken the heart of girl who was seventeen and possibly pregnant.
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

CoolCatElly
    Name: CoolCatElly
    House: HufflePuffle
    Title: Never Again
    Ratings/Warnings: 1-2nd, none

She had been so sure he would stay; a love like theirs couldn’t be faked, potion or no potion. And yet, there had been no mistaking the look in his eyes. Confusion, fear, then anger, and finally hate. Cold eyes burning into hers, the same eyes she had sought comfort in. Eyes that had captured her heart.

She held the baby only long enough to name him, knowing that one day he would have his father’s eyes. Then she gave in to exhaustion, letting her pain consume her.

She would never let her baby break her heart like he had.

thegirllikeme
    Name: thegirllikeme/Chante'
    Title: All the Broken Parts
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th
    A/N: I hope it's okay. I've never written Tom before.

Also, I suppose it might be considered AU, since Myrtle said it was because she was being teased that she was in the bathroom, but it also could be argued that she lied.

Hearts, like glass, break so easily.

The Mudblood told him she loved him, and with a few cruel words, he shattered her pathetic heart. Her tears rained down her pale cheeks and she ran away to repair the broken mess.

Lives, like glass, break so easily.

The Mudblood hid in the bathroom, and with a few words of Parseltongue, he released the beast upon her. She wiped her tears, stepped from the stall, and fell upon the ground dead, her life irrevocably broken.

All the hearts, glass, and lives laid shattered upon the ground.

And it was just too easy.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    RESULTS!

Thankyou all so much for entering this challenge, it's been lots of fun and I am just so sorry that I have dragged out these results for so long!

I have to say though, this prompt was the hardest to judge by far. Apparently you are all VERY good at writing about broken hearts! As hard as the judging of this was, there can only be one winner:

So, earning Ravenvlaw an extra 5 points, the winner is:

thegirllikeme!

Overall Points for houses from Prompt 9:

Gryffindor: 10
    Hufflepuff: 8
    Ravenclaw: 15
    Slytherin: 0

I'm very impressed that 6 people managed to enter a drabble for every single prompt! The following people will recieve an extra 5 points for their houses:

Lucca4 (Gryffindor)
    Gwendalynne (Hufflepuff)
    CoolCatElly (Hufflepuff)

Liandrin (Ravenclaw)
    thegirllikeme (Ravenclaw)
    ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor (Ravenclaw)

Overall House Points for the
    Easter Bunny Challenge:

Gryffindor: 109
    Hufflepuff: 106
    Ravenclaw: 109
    Slytherin: 11

Thankyou again, we hope to see you in all the future Three Broomsticks challenges!

Lots of love (and chocolate),
    Madam Russia and Madam Carole xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Name: Lia
    Title: Misgivings
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd Year/None
    A/N: I could have went for the easy interpretation of this prompt, but I decided to go esoteric.

She shouldn't be thinking about him – he isn't something she can force from her mind. It bothers her, worrying her stomach in the middle of the night, leaving her awake at four in the morning, reading trashy novels by candlelight.

She has no misgivings about building her life with the man she's chosen. But the thought of being with him and him alone sneaks up on her at night when there's no one to distract her from herself, and she wonders if the fear of losing herself to the future is worse than losing a part of her past.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Alex/ welshdevondragon
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Lily's Epiphany
    Ratings/Warnings: None
    Word*Count: 99 exactly
    A/N:* Once again I have stolen other peoples’ words to make this better. Laura Marling “love is frail and willing to break” from the song “Goodbye England”, and Tim Minchin’s words, sort of paraphrased, from the song “You grew on me.” Now there’s a love song. Both those songs say things about love way better than I ever could. Lily was obviously a few decades ahead of them though

“It’s so easy to break someone’s heart,” Marlene said. “I didn’t realise, until Remus said he loved me and I couldn’t say I loved him back. His face looked as if it was falling to pieces. Lily? Are you listening to me?”

“Yes.” Lily turned to look at her friend and spoke carefully. “But I don’t think it's that easy. Because love may be frail and willing to break, but it grows on you like a tumour and eventually the successful removal would kill you.”

“What’s a tumour?”

“Muggle illness.” Lily stood up. “I need to tell James something.”
    Banner by Minna.

MadEyeMaddy
    Name: Maddy
    House: Gryff
    Title:Shattered
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd
    Word Count: 93
    A/N: You can decifer who the couple is for yourself

Sometimes it is our families who break our hearts, not our friends or enemies. It is families like mine who care nothing but for pure blood, who can shatter a feeble heart of glass in seconds.

She had caught sight of the glittering ring. I watched her face go from pleasant to shocked to livid. I couldn’t face her. I Apparated to his house, where I was always welcome.

And I broke down, for hearts are fragile. I knew my mother was the only one who could crush my heart. He never would.

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Ultimate Chess
    Name: Muggle Girl Marauder / Lea
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Pride
    Ratings/Warnings: 1-2nd, Mention of character death
    Word Count: 99

It didn’t matter who had cast the curse, the blame would be his forever. In his foolishness and arrogance he had killed his sister and earned his brother’s hatred, and for what? He traded his family for the love of a delusional wizard and the ridiculous dream of greatness.

Every year, on the same day, he visits the grave where his sister rests. Still, he knows that any good he has done since that day will never make his heart whole again. It was his own pride that broke his heart and for that he did not deserve forgiveness.

♥♥♥♥Stunning banner and zechadingly cool avvie by the amazing Gmariam! Thanks Gina!♥♥♥♥