Thread: ~Prompt 8 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

Laurskii
    Name: Laurena
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Grimmauld Place
    Ratings/Warnings: AU (Book 7 disregard, implied)/ 1st-2nd years
    Word Count: 100
    A/N: None

There’s something insistent about the girl. She forces her presence upon me, sitting spectacularly in a pile of documents on the floor. Smudged ink stains her fingertips, her hair is absurdly knotted; yet, she notices neither. Instead, she continues to write, reveling in the incessant scratching of her quill put to parchment.

Evenings are worse. She’ll curl up with a book on the oversized chair, a knitted wrap hugged tightly. The flickering light of the fire warms the colours of her skin, her hair, and she looks soft, like a memory from a dream.

I can’t stand living with her.

golden_snitch91
    Name:Golden_snitch91
    House:Ravenclaw
    Title:Loved
    Ratings/Warnings:none 1st/ 2nd years
    Word Count:98

Dobby loved socks. Using his meager pay to buy yarn, he stitched each one with care. He had almost any sock you could imagine. Socks with bells, some that change colors depending on the wearers mood, some that sang when they got to smelly, and many more. Soon he had to ask Professor Dumbledore for his very own drawer to store them. All of his collection went in there save one that never left his side. Compared to the others it was gross and plain but every time Dobby looked at that disgusting slimy sock, he felt loved.

CoolCatElly
    Name: CoolCatElly
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Our Song
    Ratings/Warnings: 1-2nd, None
    A/N Please note: this is not movie canon. They never danced in the books, so I'm writing about a moment where Harry was on guard outside and heard Hermione play a song on the radio. Nothing more. :-)

It was his favourite song. Ginny had said he could pick any one he wanted. He could only think of one.

The music was beautiful. A soft, sweet melody, making him feel at once melancholic and elated. It spoke of a bitter struggle, of hope in the face of darkness, of laughter and sorrow. He peered inside the tent, seeing the tears flowing freely over her cheeks. She had never looked more beautiful.

She had never been his to covet. Yet even as he pulled his new wife close for their first dance, he searched for her in the crowd.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: lucca4
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Dragons
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years; none
    A/N:

It was her favourite assignment of the year: to sketch a drawing of a dragon of her choice from her Care of Magical Creatures book. Cho had always liked to draw, though it seemed she had less and less time for it since her fifth year ended.

She sat at a small desk in the Ravenclaw common room and held one of her special drawing pencils to the parchment of paper. With her fingers she followed the curve of the dragon wings and detailed its small, tiny scales. She smiled as she drew.

She’d drawn a Swedish Short-snout. Cedric’s dragon.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

gwendalynne
    Name: Gwen
    House: Puff
    Title: Unfair Favourites
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd/none
    Word Count:98
    “Daddy’s got a present for his magic Lily!”

Petunia watched bitterly as her father handed a beribboned box to his favourite child. Lily’s eyes widened with happiness as a tiny, furry head poked out and mewed at her. Tears filled Petunia’s eyes. It wasn’t fair. Not only did Lily have Magic, she had their parents wrapped around her finger too.

“Look what Mummy got for her darling Diddykin!”

Lily’s eyes, alive in her son’s face, watched sadly as Petunia led her son into the other room and showed him his new television set. Harry sighed. It wasn’t fair.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name:ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    House:Ravenclaw
    Title:Head's Up
    Ratings/Warnings:1st/2nd Years -- None
    Word Count:99
    A/N: Lol

A bowl of cornflakes sat in front of Albus. He’d been up until almost one in the morning, revising for his OWLs, which started in only two days. It was all he could do to keep himself from crawling back to bed and forgetting all about them. But it wouldn’t hurt to rest his eyes; a little kip never hurt anybody.

At that moment, a pair of arms snaked around his waist and jerked him from his seat, vaulting his groggy mind into full attention.

“There’s my favourite little brother!”

If thoughts could kill, James would’ve surely been dead.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    Locked =)

~Madam Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    RESULTS!

I'm sorry this has taken me so long to judge, life and exams have been very busy for me. But, it's all done now!

It was really close this time, but there can only be one winner...

So, earning Hufflepuff an extra 5 points, the winner is:

gwendalynne!

Overall Points for houses:

Gryffindor: 14
    Hufflepuff: 11
    Ravenclaw: 8
    Slytherin: 2
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.