Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~Prompt 5 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

~Prompt 5 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

PROMPT 5!

Welcome to The Three Broomsticks Easter 100 word Challenge!

It’s Easter TODAY! And you know what that means! Not only will Madam Russia be stuffing herself with chocolate for a good few days, but your barmaids have devised a very special Easter 100 word challenge for you.

I, Madam Russia, will be your resident Easter bunny and every 2 days I will be dropping drabble prompts in the form of different kinds of Easter eggs.

Each kind of egg will be accompanied by a SHORTexplanation which you should use as your prompt to write a drabble of between 90 and 100 words. (no more than 100)

2 participation points will be awarded to each author who submits a drabble. You may enter as many drabbles as you like for each prompt, but participation points will only be awarded once per egg type. A winner will be chosen from each prompt and will receive a further 5 points, and if you manage to complete all 9 prompts, you will receive another 5 points for your house.

There will be 9 prompts in total, prompt five is as follows and you have until 10pm BST on 26th April to complete it.

PROMPT 2:
    Egg Type: 1 big egg, 2 little eggs
    Drabble prompt:The only love like that of a parent for their child is that of a child for their parent.
    You may use any characters/eras, canon or non-canon. Write whatever you feel like!

It is not necessary to include the egg, or an egg of any kind. Nor is it necessary to reference Easter, you can write whatever you feel like, as long as it centres around the phrase underneath the egg type.

PHP Code:
    Here is the form for your drabble:
    [
    B]Name:[/B]
    [
    B]House:[/B]
    [
    B]Title:[/B]
    [
    B]Ratings/Warnings:[/B]
    [
    B]Word Count:[/B]
    [
    B]A/N:[/B

HAVE FUN DRABBLERS!

Lots of Easter love, The Barmaids xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Name: Lia
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Eyes of a Child
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd Year/None
    Word Count: 100
    A/N: Hmm, it was much harder to write this while maintaining my arc.

He doesn't care much for the boy. He's too much like his father – a reminder of his past. But there's no denying that he's his mother's son, or that his love for her is great.

A mother is god in the eyes of a child.

They are not so unlike – he and the boy – but he'd never admit this. There are already too many skeletons in his closet. But it's those eyes of his – his mother's eyes – that keep him going. Eyes that he'd kill for, die for…

For a child's love is unconditional.

k5c
    Name: k5c
    House: Gryffindor!
    Title: Priceless
    Ratings/Warnings: None, I think
    A/N: When I read about Neville in OotP, it broke my heart.

The visits to St Mungo’s were both a gift and a curse. He loved visiting his parents and just talking. He wasn’t sure they understood…but he liked to think they did.

His sock drawer at home was filled with various sweet wrappers that his Mum had given him over the years. Most were Drooble’s Best Blowing Gum, his Mum’s favourite. His Gran would always tell him to put them in the dustbin. He never listened. How could he throw away a gift from his Mum? His Gran may see the empty wrappers as worthless.

But to him, they were priceless.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph
    Name: WeasleyMom
    House: Hufflepuff!
    Title: Circles
    Ratings/Warnings: 1-2, none
    Word Count: 99

The smell of the Muggle hospital bothered Ron, but he doubted Hermione had even noticed. Her father was in surgery at the moment after having had a heart attack early this morning. Rain pounded outside as Ron rubbed little circles on the back of her hand.

She dropped her head to his shoulder. “He used to carry me to their bed when it stormed at night,” Hermione whispered.

“I know.”

“I might not be able to bear this, Ron.”

There was no safe promise to make, so he only kissed her hair and started again with those little circles.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

CoolCatElly
    Name: CoolCatElly
    House: Puff Puff
    Title: Like mother, like son.
    Ratings/Warnings: 1-2nd, none
    Word Count: 99
    A/N: This is a bit of a different take on the prompt.

She had to be a Muggle, weak and powerless. She had died in childbirth; she must not have had a choice. It was a life for a life, he had always thought.

And so he loved her.

His mother was a witch, this much he knew now. He knew she had abandoned him, had given him up of her own free will.

He didn’t understand, but still he loved her.

Until the truth came out; she had died for a Muggle. Had given up on him.

That day he stopped loving her. That day he stopped loving at all.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    D= No one likes my family prompt?

Where'd'you all goooo? Come back and enter!

Anyway, you still have until 10pm BST to complete this challenge.

Meanwhile
    PROMPT 6
    has just been posted so feel free to scoot on over there ASAP and keep those creative juices flowing!

~The barmaids xxxxx

~
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

thegirllikeme
    Name: thegirllikeme/Chante
    House: Ravenclaw blue, is a smart one, true (but they should never, ever rhyme
    Title: The Fragrance of the Violet
    Ratings/Warnings: Character Death
    A/N: Argh, this was not what I intended to write for this challenge, but this hit me and I had to write it. Unfortunately, this story really demands more elaboration than I was able to give it in 100 words. Perhaps I will expand in future. Oh, and the title comes from a Mark Twain quote about forgiveness.

Druella Black was dead. At her elaborate funeral, Narcissa mourned her openly, Bellatrix stood stoic and silent, and Andromeda did not exist. Then they lowered her into the ground, her noble existence reduced to nothing more than a name on a tombstone.

Andromeda stood over the tombstone days later. She had come to scream out her rage, to damn the mother who had never really loved her, and to heal the black wound in her heart that matched a black hole in a wall.

But standing there now, there was only one thing she wished to say.

“I forgive you.”

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: lucca4
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Worrying Mothers
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years; none
    A/N:

“Lily! How could you do that to us?” Ginny screamed. “Get inside. Now.”

Lily trudged up the patio stairs, scowling and sticking her tongue out. Stupid mothers and their stupid worrying. She’d only wanted to visit the puppy across the street — how was she to know that her family would notice her absence when she didn’t return after a few hours?

“Lily,” her father said, sitting her down on the couch. “Don’t be upset. We only worry after you because we love you.” He hugged her, and at that moment there was no one Lily loved more than her father.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: A Step Behind
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years -- Mental Disorders
    A/N: How this became my personal canon, I don't know, but Arthur is going to succumb to some form of wizarding madness.

“Dad?” Ron said quietly while entering Arthur’s room at St Mungo’s. “It’s Ron.”

Glazed-over eyes met clear blue ones, which got to Ron every time. He was so used to kind wisdom in his father’s eyes, not that blank stare of looming madness that had been creeping in for some time.

“Oh, hello, son!” said Arthur exuberantly. “Did Hugo get his birthday present?”

Swallowing hard, Ron choked, “Yeah.” Hugo’s birthday had been nine months before.

Some days, Ron wondered why he visited, but that contented smile on Arthur’s face was his answer. He loved his dad too much not to.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

isadora duncan
    Name: Isadora
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Frozen In Time
    Word Count: 98
    A/N: Victoire right now thinks she's the saddest person in the world right now.

I stood there, mystified. I didn't know mum could even get sick. How could glamourous Fleur Isabel Delacour Weasley ever get sick?

I was a grown woman of twenty-five, but I felt like crying like a five-year-old.

"Mum, are you okay?" I asked lightly, shaking her slightly.

Dad looked at me. His eyes looked as though they had died. He loved her with all his heart. They were inseperable, like peanut butter and jelly.

She did not answer, despite my shake. I started to weep.