Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ~Prompt 2 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

thegirllikeme
    Name: thegirllikeme
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: The Miracle of Life
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd years. Slight violence.
    Word Count: 93
    A/N:

People said love was a miracle. But Hermione knew there was one miracle greater.

It was a miracle the Healers had taken her wand away.

“Hermione, calm down!” Ron pleaded.

“You put my baby on a broomstick,” she shrieked, “and he winds up with a concussion, and you ask me to calm down!”

“It was an—“

Not wanting to hear it, Hermione stormed back into the hospital room, where Ginny sat beside her nephew’s bed.

“It’s a miracle you haven’t killed him yet,” Ginny said with a whistle.

“Yeah,” Hermione agreed. “A miracle.”

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: lucca4
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: How a Kiss Can Cause Regret to Melt Away
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years; slash and kissing
    Word Count: 100
    A/N: Probably the most fluffiest thing I've written in a long, long time. Just to warn you .

Albus Potter didn’t realize that three seemingly harmless words could ruin a friendship. Or, perhaps he just hadn’t let himself realize their strength.

A movement behind him caused him to twitch in surprise. His heart beat faster as he let himself hope against laws of reason. The large, strong hands he knew so well traced his jawbone, turning Albus’s face so their eyes met. Scorpius’s lips found Albus’s in a kiss that became achingly sweet. The three words Albus had once thought broke them apart now brought them together in a miracle he still could not comprehend:

“I love you.”

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Name: inspirations
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: n/a
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years; none.

‘Slytherin?’ Sirius’ mouth fell open, and he shook his head in denial. ‘No. That’s not possible.’

Andromeda sighed. ‘Well it is true, Sirius. Being a Slytherin doesn’t define me as dark or whatever you’re thinking, though. It’s just… a metaphor for my personality.’

Her little cousin grinned; suddenly he let out a note of laughter and hugged Andromeda. ‘You’ve thought about how to break this news to me before, haven’t you? “A metaphor”,’ he scoffed. ‘It’s okay, though, Andy. I just hope I’m not put in Slytherin.’

‘Oh, you won’t be a Slytherin, Sirius. A fool could tell you that.’

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: His House in Order
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd/5th Years -- Mentions of Sexual Situation and Infidelity
    Word Count: 99
    A/N: I normally ship a together Katie/Oliver, but this was all I could come up with.

Sitting at the bar, Oliver scrubbed his face with his hands, trying to pretend that, just for a second, he wasn’t himself. His ‘companion’ was still sleeping off their drunken night together up in the room he’d rented for just that purpose. But no matter how many meaningless one-nighters he had, it didn’t banish her from his mind.

“Get out!”

“C’mon, Katie, be reasonable. It was one time!”

“GET OUT!”

No, forgetting about a nasty divorce would take a miracle.

The bartender approached and asked, “What’ll ye ‘ave?”

Oliver chortled and thought wryly, Who needs miracles? I need Scotch.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

gwendalynne
    Name: Gwen
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Free
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd/none
    Word Count: 96
    Opening his eyes, Sirius rolled onto his stomach and looked around. It was still night time (or perhaps night time again? Who knew how long he’d slept.). With an ease that he’d not known for far too many years, Sirius pushed himself to his feet.

Around him, the moonlit fields gleamed silver. Above him, the stars twinkled benignly, far away and mysterious. Beneath his feet, the dirt gave way, warm, soft and life-giving. And within his chest, his heart beat, hot and slow, and unencumbered by the frosty grip of dementor-induced fear.

It was a miracle.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Name: indigo_mouse
    Title: Green
    Ratings/Warnings: None
    A/N:

He stood in the rain in front of the war memorial. Drops lay on his cheeks and the wet dripped from his hair down his back. Carved on black marble were the names of the dead, those who had given everything to stop the Dark Lord. Faded pictures, drooping flowers and parchment sentiments scrawled in blurring ink lay amongst dead grass and leaf litter.

He touched the wall, tracing their names, hating that the world had moved on and left the dead behind. As he leaned his head against the wall, he saw green shoots emerging from cold ground.

Rebirth.

I write; I duel; I drabble

Banner by bubblegumpinkhair

Banner by YourWildestDreams

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Name: Sapphire at Dawn
    Title: Nothing Short of a Miracle
    Ratings/Warnings: None
    Word Count: 95
    A/N: * indicates a line taken from Order of the Phoenix. When I eventually find my book, I'll edit in the specifics.

Sirius sighed and hauled himself to his feet. Ignoring Snivellus hanging comically in the air for a moment, he addressed James, who was looking desperately at the snarling red-head who had just stormed off.

*‘Reading between the lines, I’d say she thinks you’re a little conceited, mate,’ he told his best friend.

Poor James. He’d never get his girl judging by the spectacular way she had just rejected him. He smirked. It’d take nothing short of a miracle.

But, he reasoned, miracles didn’t have to break the laws of nature. Just twist them a little.
    Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    I just posted Prompt 3, but this is still staying open until 10pm BST, so keep those entries coming in!

~Madam Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Name: Sainyn Swiftfoot
    House: Hufflepuff!
    Title: Unknown Variables
    Ratings/Warnings: none

All precedent pointed against it, all patterns of nature seemed to say otherwise. Things like that never happened in the real world-- such experiences belonged firmly in the pages penned by a bustling imagination.

And yet, it had happened.

The body runs due to various biochemical reactions, he tried telling himself. It was probably simply a temporary excretion of excessive hormones. He had learnt that from Muggle books. Muggles didn’t have magic, they were grounded in reality, run by numbers and patterns—a world that he understood so well.

And yet, against all probability, Percy had irrevocably fallen in love.

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Third Year Gryffindor
    Beset by Owls
    Name: FlightOfSong
    Title: Things He'd Learned
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years/none
    A/N: * means line from Deathly Hallows (don't know which page, I don't have my book with me)

One of the things that Ron had learned in his life was that he wasn’t very “good with the ladies”. He wasn’t charming, he had a bit of a dark sense of humor, and (though he hated to admit it) he wasn’t particularly good-looking either.

But for some reason he couldn’t even begin to fathom, the girl he’d liked for years seemed to reciprocate his feelings. Until tonight, he’d nearly lost all hope of getting her to think of him as anything other than a friend. But miracles do happen, all the time.

*“Oi! There’s a war going on here!”
    ~Rissy

That beautiful banner was made by Annalise!