Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~Prompt 2 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

~Prompt 2 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

PROMPT 2!

Welcome to The Three Broomsticks Easter 100 word Challenge!

It’s Easter next week, and you know what that means! Not only will Madam Russia be stuffing herself with chocolate for a good few days, but your barmaids have devised a very special Easter 100 word challenge for you.

I, Madam Russia, will be your resident Easter bunny and every 2 days I will be dropping drabble prompts in the form of different kinds of Easter eggs.

Each kind of egg will be accompanied by a SHORTexplanation which you should use as your prompt to write a drabble of between 90 and 100 words. (no more than 100)

2 participation points will be awarded to each author who submits a drabble. You may enter as many drabbles as you like for each prompt, but participation points will only be awarded once per egg type. A winner will be chosen from each prompt and will receive a further 5 points, and if you manage to complete all 9 prompts, you will receive another 5 points for your house.

There will be 9 prompts in total, prompt one is as follows and you have until 10pm BST on 20th April to complete it.

PROMPT 2:
    Egg Type: Hen Egg
    Drabble prompt:Miracles do not, in fact, break the laws of nature. [CS Lewis]
    You may use any characters/eras, canon or non-canon. Write whatever you feel like!

It is not necessary to include the egg, or an egg of any kind. Nor is it necessary to reference Easter, you can write whatever you feel like, as long as it centres around the phrase underneath the egg type. (Thanks Arianna for the question!)

PHP Code:
    Here is the form for your drabble:
    [
    B]Name:[/B]
    [
    B]House:[/B]
    [
    B]Title:[/B]
    [
    B]Ratings/Warnings:[/B]
    [
    B]Word Count:[/B]
    [
    B]A/N:[/B

HAVE FUN DRABBLERS!

Lots of Easter love, The Barmaids xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Name: WeasleyMom
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Hope
    Ratings/Warnings: 3-5th, none
    Word Count: 99
    A/N:

Even in the darkness, he could see the moonlight reflecting over the snow and a nearby icy pool. It seemed an unlikely spot for a reunion, especially one that might be characterized by a lot of begging and yelling, but this is where the light led him after he’d heard Hermione’s voice.

He couldn't leave now—they had to be here.

Later, when a crunch of twigs turned out to be Harry, Ron thought his heart would break with relief. He got up and followed, keeping his fingers around the metal cylinder that had somehow become a magical miracle.
    Seriously cool banner by Julia

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Name: Lia
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Nature
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th Year/Sexually Suggestive.
    Word Count: 100
    A/N: Why do I try to keep a consistency with my drabbles? Why!

His eyes catch the gentle sway of her hips, the silky pale strip of bare flesh above her jeans as she slides onto one of the stools. All he can think of is how the jut of her pelvic bones would fit perfectly against his palms.

Suddenly, his world narrows to her lip caught between her teeth and the way she tosses her hair behind her shoulder. He convinces himself that she does not belong to nature, for the way she has so easily ensnared his heart would be considered a miracle – and there are no miracles in nature.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Name: AidaLuthien
    Title: Flying
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd/none
    Word Count: 100 on the nose
    A/N: Dang you, Russia for writing such a lovely prompt... and for making non-canon characters allowable, since Feng demanded this response.

Magic broke all the laws of nature that she knew. Not that she knew many of these laws, she had been a gymnast, not a scholar. But she knew, that she could not fly. She could approach flight, imagine that she was a bird, at least for a moment at the height of her release from the bar while she twisted and turned... but the ground always ruined her fantasy, and her feet planted themselves on the ground, knees straight, chest up, arms straight, wide smile.

But with magic, she really could fly and it was no longer a miracle.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

CoolCatElly
    Name: CoolCatElly
    Title: Forbidden Miracles
    Ratings/Warnings: 1-2nd, none
    A/N: Edit: Haha, bookworm and I had the same idea. I think hers is the prequel to mine :-D

Her parents had called it a miracle. They had cried and laughed and lifted her little sister in the air. She had cried and screamed and slammed the door. It was unnatural. It was wrong. The next morning she had found a small token on her bedside table. She had told Lily she burned it.

Yet even today, hidden in a locked drawer, she kept the flower. It never dried, never withered. It had stayed that way for almost twenty years, long after her sister had gone.

It was wrong, she had insisted, and she couldn’t get enough of it.

hogwartsbookworm

Drabbley drabble

Name: Bookworm
    Title: The Trick
    Ratings/Warnings:1st-2nd years/none
    Word Count: 98
    A/N: Petunia doesn't want to believe the prompt. And Elene, wow. Great minds think alike, eh? (I really didn't write mine on purpose to be like yours, promise! )
    Petunia stared at the flower as it grew, faster and more beautiful than any flower ought, out of the handful of dirt in her sister’s hand.

“For you,” Lily said, smiling shyly.

“How’d you make it grow like that, Lily?” Petunia asked. It couldn’t be the way the petunias in the garden grew. There had to be some trick to it.

“I just wanted it to grow, and it grew. Like any other flower, I guess, only faster, ‘cause I wanted it to be fast.”

Petunia shook her head, frustrated. Lily was holding out. She had to be.

stareyed_in_LA
    Name: stareyed_in_LA
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: The Sight Before His Eyes
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd year/ child endangerment
    A/N: Inspired by a little something Neville mentions in The Philosopher's Stone.

Algie Longbottom could not believe what he had just seen. At the bottom of the third story window stood his great-nephew Neville, covered in twigs and leaves but otherwise uninjured after being pushed out of a third story window and bouncing off some shrubbery like a trampoline before landing safely on his feet. This was a miracle but not one that broke any law of nature.

“Augusta, come quick,” Algie roared loudly. “You won’t believe what just happened.”

In an instant, the old lady Apparated beside him. “What happened?”

Algie grinned from ear to ear. “Your grandson is a wizard.”

iloverupertgrint
    Name: iloverupertgrint
    House: Gryffindor!
    Title: Miracle
    Ratings/Warnings: None.

The Gryffindor common room was unnaturally quite for the Easter break, but nobody could be blamed for this, the weather was stifling hot and everyone was making the most of it. Everyone, but me. I sighed as I turned back to my parchment, nothing flowing from my quill as I begged for nothing more than the potions essay in front of me to miraculously disappear and be done. <i>A miracle</i>, I snorted; <i>does not solve the nature of a problem. </i> I hasten to write upon the page, but nothing flourishes from the end, a miracle was needed in the end…

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Name:Madam Carmerta
    House: TTB
    Title: Nature's Magical Accident
    Ratings/Warnings:1st-2nd/ None
    Word Count:95
    A/N:

The Muggles called it ‘Nature’s Magical Accident’. Its long history and many myths led to some calling it a miracle.

Rosmerta sat at her bar after closing time and poured herself a large glass of wine. It had been a bugger of a day.

Holding her glass up to the light, she perused the garnet fire within, and thanked Merlin for mould growing on grapes to cause fermentation.

Caught up with her musing, she heard, too late, the footsteps behind her.

Imperio!’ whispered a voice as soft as the wine still swirling in her glass.
    ~MOI~

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

k5c
    Name: k5c
    House: Gryffindor!
    Title: She Had Never Believed In Miracles
    Ratings/Warnings: Deathly Hallows Spoilers/Character Death
    Word Count: 99
    A/N:

She fought the tears that wished to flow, pushing all her grief into the slashing of her wand through the air. She would not let herself believe Harry was gone. Not after everything he had been through.

She twirled and danced out of reach of every curse, unfortunately so did her opponent. A green flash of light whirred by her face; she avoided death by millimetres.

Suddenly her mother was there, fighting ferociously.

And as Bellatrix Lestrange fell, Voldemort howled with rage.

She turned and gasped.

She had never believed in miracles. But there was Harry, very much alive.