Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~Prompt 3 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

~Prompt 3 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

PROMPT 3!

Welcome to The Three Broomsticks Easter 100 word Challenge!

It’s Easter next week, and you know what that means! Not only will Madam Russia be stuffing herself with chocolate for a good few days, but your barmaids have devised a very special Easter 100 word challenge for you.

I, Madam Russia, will be your resident Easter bunny and every 2 days I will be dropping drabble prompts in the form of different kinds of Easter eggs.

Each kind of egg will be accompanied by a SHORTexplanation which you should use as your prompt to write a drabble of between 90 and 100 words. (no more than 100)

2 participation points will be awarded to each author who submits a drabble. You may enter as many drabbles as you like for each prompt, but participation points will only be awarded once per egg type. A winner will be chosen from each prompt and will receive a further 5 points, and if you manage to complete all 9 prompts, you will receive another 5 points for your house.

There will be 9 prompts in total, prompt three is as follows and you have until 10pm BST on 22nd April to complete it.

PROMPT 3:
    Egg Type: Surprise Egg
    Drabble prompt:"I do not know myself. I want to continue to surprise me"
    You may use any characters/eras, canon or non-canon. Write whatever you feel like!

It is not necessary to include the egg, or an egg of any kind. Nor is it necessary to reference Easter, you can write whatever you feel like, as long as it centres around the phrase underneath the egg type. (Thanks Arianna for the question!)

PHP Code:
    Here is the form for your drabble:
    [
    B]Name:[/B]
    [
    B]House:[/B]
    [
    B]Title:[/B]
    [
    B]Ratings/Warnings:[/B]
    [
    B]Word Count:[/B]
    [
    B]A/N:[/B

HAVE FUN DRABBLERS!

Lots of Easter love, The Barmaids xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

k5c
    Name: k5c
    House: Gryffindor!
    Title: Love Conquers All
    Ratings/Warnings: Deathly Hallows Spoilers
    Word Count: 100
    A/N:

He hadn’t always loved her. But the more time he spent with her, the deeper he fell into love’s clutches. Then the Sorting happened. She promised it wouldn’t change them. He promised too.

He broke that promise.

The Dark Arts held such an attraction for him. Finally he was accepted. He could never turn his back on this wondrous magic. Nothing would make him change his ways!

But as he cast his doe Patronus in the Forest of Dean, he felt a little surprised at the change in events.

He was helping her son. Because of his love for her.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: welshdevondragon/ Alex
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Finding Yourself
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/ 2nd year None. I think that's the first time I've ever written that
    Word Count: 98
    A/N: I wasn't intending on doing any of these but this jumped out at me. My cousin lives in daily hope of a punk revival so hopefully it'll have happened by next gen. If you don't know what a sloane is well...Kate Middleton?

“Excuse me?” Rose stared at her cousin.

“I want to go to India.”

“Why?”

“I want to find out who I am.”

Rose snorted. “You don’t need to go to India to do that. Besides, what’s the point of knowing who you are when you’re eighteen? I do not know myself. I want to continue to be surprised.”

Rose had regularly reinvented herself since she was fourteen years old, going from sloane, to goth, to punk revival, and now nerdy chic.

Lily stared at her hands, knotting them together. “I’d rather like to know who I am now.”
    Banner by Minna.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Name: Lia
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Laugh Lines
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd Year/None
    A/N: Snah.

"You don't smile nearly enough," she comments casually. "Or laugh."

"Maybe I do," he answers coolly. "Maybe you're the only one who ever sees me do either."

She props herself up on one elbow and uses her free hand to pluck a blade of grass. "I wish I could know myself like you do. You're so sure of who you are."

"But if you knew who you were," he says, lacing his fingers together and rolling onto his back, "you wouldn't continually surprise yourself, or me."

She gives him a look; her cheek braced on her palm, and he laughs.

CoolCatElly
    Name: CoolCatElly
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Myself.
    Ratings/Warnings: 1-2nd, none
    Word Count: 98

It was crazy. Crazy and dangerous. Stupid, too.

He didn’t care.

“Are you mad, George? What if something goes wrong? What if the parachute won’t open?”

“I need to do
    something. I’m not myself anymore, Ange. It’s like I... I’m only a half.”

He never would have imagined he’d be doing this. His mother would have killed him. He was sure even his father would have tried to stop him. A flying car was one thing, but skydiving? They wouldn’t understand.

So he jumped.

And for the first time in a long time, he felt like himself.

gwendalynne
    Name: Gwen
    Title: Dormant Defiance
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years/none
    A/N: I seem to be into the battle of Hogwarts lately.'Lisa' is Lisa Turpin, a Ravenclaw in Harry's year, in case that wasn't clear.
    “I didn’t realize you were such a patriot,” the Death Eater said. I jumped at the familiarity of the voice.

“I didn’t realize it myself,” I admitted as he leapt aside to avoid my Stunner. Growling, he pulled off his mask and glared at me. I met his eyes with a defiant look.

“Uncle Thorfinn… fancy meeting you here.”

“Lisa,” he snapped. “You leave right now, or I will not spare you.”

With a wild feeling of abandon I had never before known myself to be capable of, I grinned.

“Funny. I was about to say the same to you.”

thegirllikeme
    Name: thegirllikeme
    Title: A Father's Legacy
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th, brief mention of Mental Disorders
    A/N: I love Theo!

“Who are you, Theodore?”

Her question echoed in his mind and it was so bloody infuriating that he didn’t know. It was what had driven Theodore to Azkaban to visit a man he’d never wanted to see again. He sat across from Theodore, his long hair covering his face, his teeth chattering madly. Theodore scarcely recognized his father, the man whose name he bore, the man whose legacy he was supposed to follow.

“Who are you, Theodore?”

“Not you,” Theodore said softly.

The man only blinked.

“I don’t know who I am, but I am not…I will never be you.”

stareyed_in_LA
    Name: stareyed_in_LA
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: If someone told me...
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd year/ minor drug reference.
    Word Count: 99
    A/N: "Water for Elephants" is on my mind again, and of course I had to name Cho's fiance after a character Robert Pattinson plays. It was just too tempting.

“If someone told that I will be dating a Muggle, I wouldn’t believe it,” I admitted to my boyfriend as we walked through Hyde Park.

“Well, if someone told me that I’ll be marrying a witch, I’d ask if he was high,” Jacob responded.

I shot him a confused look but before I could say anything, Jacob got down on one knee with a ring in his hand. “Cho, will you marry me?”

I started to cry. “Of course I will.”

If I was told that I’ll be in love again, I’d go back and apologize for doubting her.

princessbipolar
    Name: princessbipolar
    Title: Wierd
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd Year
    A/N: -NIL-

'Have you ever wondered what it feels like to fly in the sky?' Luna turned her attention back to me- for once.

Shaking my head, I tried to answer my friend's usual barrade of questions. Luna was a good friend, although her questions can be unusually absurd at times.

Unable to restrain myself, I blurted out, ' Why do you always ask strange questions like that all the time? '

Her eyes flickered for a moment as she laughed coolly, ' I like to surprise myself each day even though I don't know the answers to the questions myself. '

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Name: inspirations
    Title: n/a
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd; violence.
    Word Count: 99
    A/N: Hermione smacks Draco -- page 216, POA. Enjoy!

And I hit him. It was like somebody was guiding my hand towards his face. I jerked back in surprise as the impact reverberated through my arm (although I didn’t hit him that hard; I’m not that strong), and the sound echoed around us.

Smack.

Actually, maybe I’d put more power into that than I’d realised.

I shouted something. I don’t know what. I’d shocked myself -- I’d shocked everyone if Harry and Ron’s cries behind me were anything to go by. But the anger still coursed through me; I raised my arm to smack him again.

Ron stopped me.