Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~Prompt 4 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

~Prompt 4 ~ EASTER BUNNY 100 WORD CHALLENGE! ~RESULTS!~

PROMPT 4!

Welcome to The Three Broomsticks Easter 100 word Challenge!

It’s Easter this weekend, and you know what that means! Not only will Madam Russia be stuffing herself with chocolate for a good few days, but your barmaids have devised a very special Easter 100 word challenge for you.

I, Madam Russia, will be your resident Easter bunny and every 2 days I will be dropping drabble prompts in the form of different kinds of Easter eggs.

Each kind of egg will be accompanied by a SHORT explanation which you should use as your prompt to write a drabble of between 90 and 100 words. (no more than 100)

2 participation points will be awarded to each author who submits a drabble. You may enter as many drabbles as you like for each prompt, but participation points will only be awarded once per egg type. A winner will be chosen from each prompt and will receive a further 5 points, and if you manage to complete all 9 prompts, you will receive another 5 points for your house.

There will be 9 prompts in total, prompt four is as follows and you have until 10pm BST on 24th April to complete it.

PROMPT 4:
    Egg Type: Curates Egg
    Drabble prompt:(From Wiki) "The expression "a curate's egg" originally meant something that is partly good and partly bad, but as a result is entirely spoiled. Modern usage has tended to change this to mean something having a mix of good and bad qualities."
    You may use any characters/eras, canon or non-canon. Write whatever you feel like!

It is not necessary to include the egg, or an egg of any kind. Nor is it necessary to reference Easter, you can write whatever you feel like, as long as it centres around the phrase underneath the egg type. (Thanks Arianna for the question!)

PHP Code:
    Here is the form for your drabble:
    [
    B]Name:[/B]
    [
    B]House:[/B]
    [
    B]Title:[/B]
    [
    B]Ratings/Warnings:[/B]
    [
    B]Word Count:[/B]
    [
    B]A/N:[/B

HAVE FUN DRABBLERS!

Lots of Easter love, The Barmaids xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Name: Lia
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Fears
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd Year/None
    Word Count: 100
    A/N: The good with the bad, but ultimately bad.

His worst fears are realised, and that fear spreads throughout his body like a cancer, eating away at his mind. For the first time in years, he remembers what true panic feels like, and it makes him retch, spilling the contents of his stomach onto the ground.

His mind is left reeling at his betrayal, until a compulsion grows inside and the need to save a part of her – any part – pumps throughout his veins like a venom hell-bent on destroying what's left of him if he doesn't fulfil this promise of what his heart demands. For her.

CoolCatElly
    Name: CoolCatElly
    House: Puff Puff Puff
    Title: The Other Side
    Ratings/Warnings: 1-2nd, mild profanity, implied character death?
    A/N: This is Draco talking about Astoria and an OC. It’s meant to be mysterious, so you can decide for yourself what exactly he did...

It had seemed like the perfect compromise. A wife in exchange for a lover. A cold madam for a fiery mistress.

I told her I had done it for love.

She said I loved only myself.

I said I never meant to hurt anyone.

She told me to go to hell.

I am prone on the ground now, the earth still fresh and soft beneath my fingers. Blinded by my own tears, I can barely make out the words on the headstone. Both gone now, wife and lover.

And all I am left with are my own good intentions.

k5c
    Name: k5c
    House: Gryffindor!
    Title: Possibility of Redemption?
    Ratings/Warnings: Character Death/DH spoilers
    A/N: This may be wishful thinking for little Wormtail, but I hope he really felt for what he did to his three best friends. Surely he had some guilt buried within him? Maybe.

The weapon the Dark Lord had bestowed to him tightened its grasp upon his throat. Thoughts of his time at Hogwarts whirled in a sickening spiral around his head. He had loved them all dearly. They offered protection and a fiercely loyal friendship unlike anything he’d known before.

But when the war raged on and his friends became men, he was over shadowed. The Dark Lord offered power and ultimate protection. How could he deny it?

If he could go back and stand up for what was right instead of what was easy?

He would do it in a heartbeat.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: lucca4
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Easy Kill
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years; hints at violence
    A/N:

It was easy enough for someone with her looks, her charm, and her knack for deadly potions.

Men would kiss her, fawn over her, promising her the impossible until she carried their last name and a ring on her finger. All men were the same, after that. The yelling, the anger, the violent need for control…she’d suffered through it all.

Why shouldn’t she use this to her advantage?

She was a caring mother. She only wanted what was best for Blaise, and these men weren’t who she wanted raising her son.

Once she realised that, murder was the easy part.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

gwendalynne
    Name: Gwen
    House: Pufflehuff
    Title: Go Down, Moses
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years/none
    A/N: The title is referencing a song by the same title. And it's Umbridge, in case that isn't clear.
    I was terrified of the world. I wanted to capture it, crush it, conquer it. I wanted to walk without fear of beings I could not fight. I wanted to make the world safe, not just for me, but for all the other people like me.

So I worked, and I slaved, and I fought. Fought a noble and never ending battle to subdue the shadows and bring the wizarding family into the sunshine. Like Moses, leading his people out of Egypt and into the Promised Land, so I declared to the monsters and the mongrels, “Let my people go!”

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Name: Nadia/majestic_ginny
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: She'll Be Safe
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years, implied character death
    A/N:

She’ll be safe. I would plead, I’d beg. She’ll be safe.

These words encircled my head like a mantra. It was a risk I hated to take, but it was my duty as his servant. Nonetheless, I knew that he would listen to me if I asked. I was him most faithful servant, after all. The boy and the father could rot in hell. But she would be fine.

He was sitting on his throne-like chair, looking at me like a bird of prey. I walked up to him and bowed.

She’ll be safe.

“My Lord, the prophecy…”
    --Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Name: Sainyn Swiftfoot
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Impure
    Ratings/Warnings: Violence?

With a flick of her wrist, she sent the man flying towards the wall. She remembered cornering the man, eyes glinting dangerously, refusing to listen to his pleas about how he was simply selling pans… And she remembered uttering the spell, the Cruciatus, blood pounding at the thought of a Muggle on her grounds, defiling her abode, endangering her child with his presence.

It is said that in moments of great danger, your entire life flashes in front of your eyes. But this was the only thing Narcissa remembered as she gave the Chosen One a final reprieve from death.
    A/N: Obviously, the bad thing about Narcissa are her obsession with blood status, existence on the dark side and her arrogance. The good thing is that she's willing to do anything for her family (read: child), and was possibly the one reason why Harry did, in fact, manage to defeat the Dark Lord.

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Diddums and the Diet
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years -- Juvenile Petulance
    A/N: lol

“Mummy, more bacon,” Dudley whined.

Sighing, Petunia said, “N-no, Dudders. Y-you’ve had enough.”

“But I’m still hungry!”

“But I have something else for you. It’s good for you, Diddums.” Going to the fridge, she pulled out the dish she’d prepared every morning for a week but hadn’t had the courage to serve and set it in front of Dudley. “Grapefruit.”

Dudley sneered. “I don’t want this. I want bacon!”

“No,” she reiterated, more firmly this time. “But we’re all going to eat it with you.”

“Even Harry?” Dudley asked hopefully.

“Even Harry.” She took his smirk as one of acceptance.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Name: Hannah
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Untitled
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd/references to mental disorders
    Word Count: 98

At least they’re alive.

The words cycled through her head over and over again. It was only comfort the Auror had been able to give.

“They’re alive, Mrs Longbottom, but the Healers seem to think there may be some permanent damage to their minds.”

Even so, she hadn’t expected this.

She stood at the foot of her son’s bed, staring into his vacant eyes, with a healer beside her.

“There may be something we can do, one day,” he said, though she knew he didn’t believe it.

Tears began to roll down her face.

At least they’re alive.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.