Closed Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 22

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    To piggy back on the last review issue, I am currently getting a lot of email notifications for duplicate reviews. I have four duplicates at the moment - one of the last ones I got was actually a triplicate! I'm guessing this has to do with other current issues but thought I would add it to the list just you guys know. And if anyone could nip in and delete the extras for me at some point when things are fixed, that would be great. They are here:
    http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/revi...=ST&item=89214
    Thank you!!
    ~Gina

Tveiter Tot Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    Is the queue closed again?

Because I can't manage stories again. . .
    *~iBeta~**~iWrite~* *~iPoet~* *~iDrabble~* *~iDuel~*
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and credit for the lovely banner goes to Pooja.

I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.
    (Neil ~ The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    The queue is down for maintenance. We've had a couple of hiccups lately, and we're looking into it. We are so sorry for the inconveniences, but hopefully we can get it back up and running.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    According to the homepage of MNFF the queue has re-opened but all chapters in the queue when it closed were lost. However when I go to Manage Stories the two one-shots I had in the queue before it closed are still there. Should I remove them and resubmit them?

Alex
    Banner by Minna.

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph
    Um, I just thought I'd echo Alex's question, and add one. When the same thing happened to me (I submitted a oneshot before the queue closed, then, upon reading the announcement, resubmitted it only to find that the original one was still there) I went to delete one of them, but then, suddenly, there were five copies of the story somehow. I deleted them ASAP, leaving the newest version only. Not sure if this is a glitch/my laptop, but I thought I'd let you know anyway, mods

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    Alex: Yes, delete your stories and re-submit. According to Rosie, the stories were all deleted so that means they were lost to Limbo and cannot be retrieved.

Soraya: Thanks for letting us know of this glitch. I'll pass it along to Rosie, our coder.

secret_hermione: The Gauntlet was a drabble challenge where users signed up and were sent prompts. The user who finished the prompts earned points for their House. We haven't run a Gauntlet in a while due to inactivity and because the mod who ran it has long since left MNFF. However, it might come back in the future. Keep an eye on it.

secret_hermoine
    I just joined the BetaBoards and I found an interesting-looking thing called the Gauntlet. However, the last post was made in May of 2010. Is the Gauntlet still happening? And if so, when will the next one begin?

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    I was tryingto make a thread in Poetry, Anyone? and this error message came up:

iwannabeanauror, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'm not sure why this happened; can someone clarify, please?

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    Please try posting again, and let me know if it still didn't work. I changed your primary usergroup to Gryffindor instead of Registered User so that might have done the trick. Just an oversight. =]

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    I want to take a class on OC's, and a while back I wanted to take one on writing Humour, but somehow when I try to reply it tells me I don't have permission to do that. Why is this? Is it a glitch, or is it a certain number of posts I need to make, or what?
    Nora Writes ~ Nora Draws ~ Nora Duels ~ Nora Drabbles ~ Nora Betas

My fabulous Doctor Who banner is by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Closed Thread