Closed Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 22

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Eleanor: Hi. You need to request to be added to the Student Usergroup: http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/foru...editusergroups -- Find the Student Usergroup, click on it, and then submit. I'll add you as soon as you do so. =]

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hi Mods,

I have a problem with email notifications. I'm not getting any for either reviews or threads I'm subscribed to. The last time I got an email from MNFF was September 18th. I haven't changed email addresses, there's nothing going to my junk folder, and I appear to be signed up to receive notifications. But nothing is getting through.

The review notifications aren't a problem because I tend to check in every day, but I have been missing questions in TTB, or replies to threads in Hufflepuff and SBBC.

The other thing is that when I go to a forum like SBBC to check the new posts, none of the threads are bolded anymore. I'm not sure if that's connected. It's not a major problem, but it does make it easier to see if there's a new post if I can see the thread's been added to.

~Carole~

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hi Mods,
    I'm having a similar problem as Carole except when I receive emails I receive 2 or 3 of the same one. It's not really a problem because I'm getting them but it's annoying =/
    ~Abi~

This gorgeous banner is by TM_WandStick/Toni =)
    JOIN THE SBBC!
    ON HIATUS

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Thanks for letting us know of the glitches. I'll pass along these concerns to our coder. Sorry for the inconveniences =\

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    I had a question and dutifully went to the FAQ - and discovered that the "Forum's Frequently Asked Questions" link in the first message of this thread is giving me a 404 (page not found) error.

My question is (and I am only asking this because its been so long since I added a new story) do you get an email when you submit a story? Or only after the mod has reviewed it?

If the answer is that you are supposed to get one when you submit, then I didn't. If the answer is that you aren't supposed to then I am fine.

I write; I duel; I drabble

Banner by bubblegumpinkhair

Banner by YourWildestDreams

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by indigo_mouse View Post
    My question is (and I am only asking this because its been so long since I added a new story) do you get an email when you submit a story? Or only after the mod has reviewed it?

If the answer is that you are supposed to get one when you submit, then I didn't. If the answer is that you aren't supposed to then I am fine.
    No, there is no email sent out when a story is submitted. One is only sent manually by a moderator once the story has been reviewed and either accepted or rejected. If you're not sure if your story was added into the queue, you can check your Manage Stories page (which you probably already know).

But your story is currently in the queue if you need confirmation of that.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I am trying to add another chapter to my story Don't Tell! and either it keeps messing up or I have added it to the que about 10 times. Everytime I hit the preview button a box pops up of my c drive where I store my documents when I close that box, everything disappears, so I tried the add button and the same thing happens. When I check on manage stories to see if it went through it's not there. I know its been a while since I added a chapter but I'm pretty sure it's still the same. Any advice? (and if it's in the que 10 times I'm really sorry )
    ~Kristy

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_beer_drinker View Post
    I am trying to add another chapter to my story Don't Tell! and either it keeps messing up or I have added it to the que about 10 times. Everytime I hit the preview button a box pops up of my c drive where I store my documents when I close that box, everything disappears, so I tried the add button and the same thing happens. When I check on manage stories to see if it went through it's not there. I know its been a while since I added a chapter but I'm pretty sure it's still the same. Any advice? (and if it's in the que 10 times I'm really sorry )

Kristy, your chapter is indeed in the queue under Hermione/Draco, which is where it should be, I assume. It is only there once. Does it appear on your Manage Stories page now?
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    Quote Originally Posted by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor View Post
    Kristy, your chapter is indeed in the queue under Hermione/Draco, which is where it should be, I assume. It is only there once. Does it appear on your Manage Stories page now?
    Yes it is there now thank you.... hopefully the format is right it wouldn't let me preview.
    ~Kristy

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    I am not getting e-mail notifications for reviews or validations. Can somebody look into this, please? Thank you!

EDIT: Another problem I seem to be encountering-- I just posted my chapter, but a certain character, "—" is refusing to be recognised. I submitted the chapter anyway, because I don't know how to correct that.
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Closed Thread