Closed Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 22

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    Mods, I'm having a few issues with the forums. When I click "New Posts" and also, when I click on someone's profile and try to view their posts/started threads, it doesn't come up. I don't know if it's my laptop (I tried on my laptop and computer and it was the same problem) but I'm wondering if I'm the only one with the problem. It's not a major issue and I know there are more important problems, namely the notifications, but I thought I'd let you know

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    The New Posts function has already gone on the list of Broken Stuff, but I shall add the View Threads Started function to that list. We'll let you all know as soon as we're able to get this fixed.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    This is a very minor issue, but while looking through my reviews I noticed a few symbols "�" where letters and apostrophes were supposed to be...

It's fine though. If it even goes on the list of broken things it needs to be at the very bottom.

-Lily
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

First Year Gryffindor
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    I'm having the same issue of not receiving email notifications and the odd characters appearing in places. However, today I also have the problem that whenever I try to log into my account, I get to the screen where it has a list of options, but whenever I select any of those options I get redirected to a screen telling me that I am not authorized to access that function. I know the internet isn't awesome where I am right now, but thought I'd mention it in case the problem isn't being caused on my end.
    Photobucket

Divess

Question about being locked out of a story

Hi. I was reading Keeping The Boat Afloat by Jazz. I was moving right along right through chapter 8. When i tried to access chapter 9, the story would not come up. I just kept being taken in circles. Is it possible that thjis particular story has been locked after chapter 8 and if so, what would be the reason. Thanks in advance.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    I'm having the same issue of not receiving email notifications and the odd characters appearing in places. However, today I also have the problem that whenever I try to log into my account, I get to the screen where it has a list of options, but whenever I select any of those options I get redirected to a screen telling me that I am not authorized to access that function. I know the internet isn't awesome where I am right now, but thought I'd mention it in case the problem isn't being caused on my end.
    The archives appear to be glitchy today, so if you can at all, make sure you check the box to keep you logged in. If you're on a public or shared computer, just make sure you log out before leaving the site. Sometimes (especially on mobile devices) that'll happen. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll add it to the laundry list of bugs we have going on at the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Divess View Post
    Hi. I was reading Keeping The Boat Afloat by Jazz. I was moving right along right through chapter 8. When i tried to access chapter 9, the story would not come up. I just kept being taken in circles. Is it possible that thjis particular story has been locked after chapter 8 and if so, what would be the reason. Thanks in advance.
    There seems to be some bizarre loop thing going on with stories rated 6th/7th years and Professors. I tried a couple, and they all did that, but not with a specific chapter but all of them. This happens periodically and should work itself out at a later time, but the archives seem to be in a bit of a tizzy in some aspects. I'll add it to the list.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

7. 11-02-2011, 02:04 AM
    Reason
    mentioned in above post and being checked into :-)

8. 11-02-2011, 02:54 AM
    Reason
    mentioned in above post and being checked into :-)

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

This is an issue with the archives that I don't think anyone has brought up yet:

Since about two days ago, I have been having problems accessing my account.

I log in successfully using the correct username and password, and reach the list of "My Account" options. However, when I try to click on an option ("Manage Stories" or "View your statistics," for example), it says I am not authorized to access that function, even though I just logged in.

EDIT: I just tried checking the "Remember me" box and that seems to work, but usually that's not necessary. So this isn't urgent, just another weird thing that's happening with the archives.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    unjellify: Our coder is diligently working on this ever growing list of glitches on the archives. The same thing actually happened to me so you're definitely not alone!

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    This isn't a particularly pressing issue, but for the past week I've been getting this message occasionally as I'm perusing the boards:
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    MuggleNet FanFiction Beta Boards
    All I have to do is click on the banner at the top and I can get back to the main page, but I just thought I'd point this out in case it becomes a problem.
    Thank you.
    -Ayra

iDrabble iWrite

Lovely banner by Riham (padfoot_returns)
    Avvie by Samarie (Love_is_4ever)

That which cannot break you will only make you stronger.

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    Thought I'd mention this. When I get a new PM it lets me know as normal. But if I check the message, respond to it, and x out of the boards, and then a few seconds later if I reenter the boards, I still have a notification for a message I already read.

This is weird, but not a huge problem =D

-Lily
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Closed Thread