Closed Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 22

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginny Weasley Potter View Post
    I am not getting e-mail notifications for reviews or validations. Can somebody look into this, please? Thank you!

EDIT: Another problem I seem to be encountering-- I just posted my chapter, but a certain character, "—" is refusing to be recognised. I submitted the chapter anyway, because I don't know how to correct that.
    Other members are also having issues with notifications not being sent, so we're looking into that already (but still haven't quite figured out what it is yet). But we are working on it.

As for the missing em-dashes, I looked at your chapter and don't see the proper characters either. That's odd, as I've always used the same dashes in my own work and never had issue. You can go through and manually replace them. If you use a Windows OS, then you can make one by using Alt0151 (yes, with the zero in it), or with a Mac OS, use Alt dash/underscore key. You could also try to resubmit the chapter and see if this has remedied itself and was only a solitary glitch.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Thanks! For now, I've replaced the dashes with hyphens because the Alt0151 method isn't working. Resubmitting the chapter didn't work either. This is weird, because I've submitted a lot of stuff with these dashes before and there's been no glitch before this.
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I'm having the same problem as Pooja. I edited a chapter and as soon as I added it back all the apostrophes, dashes an speech marks were replaced by a diamond thing with a question mark in it. I pasted the chapter back in and it removed most of them, but all the dashes are these odd diamond things.

This happened once before, except the diamonds were little squares, and I think it was connected with google chrome, but that righted itself. I'm a bit too tired to start fiddling, right now especially as I'm likely to delete everything *sigh*, but thought I'd let you know.

It's Chapter 15 of High, by the way.

~Carole~

EDIT: Not sure if this is down to the power of the Supreme Modlies, but the chapter is fine now.
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 10-21-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    Issue with the forums.

Whenever I click on the What's New button it just goes to a white screen (isn't loading at all. just goes to white.) But all of the other sub forums and stuff are working fine. I just kind of wish that button was working.

Thought you might want to know. (It might also be my computer.)

Lily
    Lily Writes ♥ piningwillow Blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence Tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    It's happening to me too! So it's not just Lily's computer. Also, when I try the What's New, the little 'M' icon at the left of the tab marker is different, like maybe it's trying to get to the old version.

I'm using Firefox, if that helps any with figuring out what's wrong.

Amazing banner by the talented Minna!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Hello- I've stopped receiving notifications for chapters being validated, reviews and PMs. I have not changed my settings, so don't know why this has happened- its only been the last few days so might be a blip, but just thought I'd let you know in case it was a problem with my account or something.

Alex
    Banner by Minna.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Just wanted to say I'm also having the same problem as Lily and Free_Elf, EDIT: The same thing is also happening when I search something. I'm using Chrome if that's any help.
    Also I'm still receiving duplicate emails for updated threads but not for all of them, not really sure what's going on there.

Sorry for being such a pain at the moment, =(

~Abi~

This gorgeous banner is by TM_WandStick/Toni =)
    JOIN THE SBBC!
    ON HIATUS

Essence_of_Lily
    Hi,
    I forgot my password to the fanfiction site a couple of days ago, and when I tried to get a new password, they said that they would send me an email. I never got an email from them. By the way, how do you change your password once you log in? I can't figure that out.

thanks!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Essence_of_Lily View Post
    Hi,
    I forgot my password to the fanfiction site a couple of days ago, and when I tried to get a new password, they said that they would send me an email. I never got an email from them. By the way, how do you change your password once you log in? I can't figure that out.

thanks!
    There is currently an issue with several members not receiving notification emails from MNFF. This likely includes new password request emails, as well. Your best bet is to either try to request a new password again or at least check your spam folder to make sure it isn't in there.

If you would like to change your password on the archives, follow this link once you're logged in successfully. http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/user.php?action=editbio
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

keara96
    This has been happening to me for a while: The first time I try to log in, a message comes up saying "invalid" or something, but when I try logging in again it always works the second time. This is not a major issue, I just was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if anything can be done. (Again, not a big problem, just thought I'd post here anyway.)

Closed Thread