Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 22

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hey mods,
    Over the last two days, I have received this message several times:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error

I wasn't doing anything particularly remarkable at the time and reloading a few times seemed to work, but I'm curious if there is some simple solution to keep it from happening and save those precious extra minutes of my life. I'm also curious what a security token is.

Thank you!!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hermione, you're a girl!
    Gina -

Hrm.

How odd! I'll contact Roxy Black and ask what she thinks. Sorry about the funky experience . . .

~Nicole

Terri edit: Gina, Nikki asked me to update you. She heard from Roxy and this is from Roxy: "weird... do we know if this was the forums or the archives? I have no idea what a security token is but I'll look into it x"

Gina, was this on the archives or forums?

So, as soon as either Nikki or I hear back from Roxy, we will let you know. Thanks for letting us know.

If anyone else encounters this message, please let us know.
    Last edited by mudbloodproud; 07-29-2011 at 07:44 PM.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Hi! I am thinking of writing a story in a forum then moving each chapter to MNFF. I am doing this just to see what the reaction is like and so I know what I need to work on before I send it in for validation. My question is, am I still allowed to make forum help threads such as title help, OC help, and things like that? Or should I keep those where I published it origionally?

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I had the same problem as Gina and asked about it in the New Forum Glitches here

I was using quick reply but had pasted a few links in, if that helps. I also use google chrome if that makes any difference.

~Carole~
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 07-29-2011 at 08:40 PM.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

5. 07-29-2011, 09:50 PM

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiSue View Post
    Gina -

Hrm.

How odd! I'll contact Roxy Black and ask what she thinks. Sorry about the funky experience . . .

~Nicole

Terri edit: Gina, Nikki asked me to update you. She heard from Roxy and this is from Roxy: "weird... do we know if this was the forums or the archives? I have no idea what a security token is but I'll look into it x"

Gina, was this on the archives or forums?

So, as soon as either Nikki or I hear back from Roxy, we will let you know. Thanks for letting us know.

If anyone else encounters this message, please let us know.
    This is on the forums, and like I said, it isn't any particular sub forum. I am, however, using Safari on an iPad whilst out of town, if that helps. Thanks again!

PS. I thought I edited my original post but i either hit the wrong button or it didn't work. Sorry!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Emma

In The Reference Desk, the Sub-forums are non-posting forums. The threads in there are threads that have been moved in there once the questions have stopped being discussed. They are moved in there for reference so the same questions aren't asked over and over again.

As for the security token, I will let Roxy know others are receiving the same message. I'm sure it isn't anything to worry about.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

hermione_granger4life
    Quick question Mods, sorry if this doesn't go here by the way.

I just went over to the Reference Desk because I had a few questions about Death Eaters for my story I'm working on and I got a very odd thing once I clicked on the dark magic subform: I have no way to post anything or reply to anything. I scrolled to the bottom of the page and saw this: