Closed Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 22

Melina Malfoy
    Hi! So sorry if this question has been answered a thousand times, but about how long does it take for a chapter to be validated? My first chapter is already validated and I'm just waiting for the second.

Thanks so much- I'm probably just anxious!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Hello! This is a question purely for my own curiosity/ might be useful for me later but isn't important so take as long as you like answering it. I just submitted a story to archives. According to my word it was 9850 words long including my proposed summary and author's note. When I previewed it, it was according to MNFF above 10,000 words. I deleted four or so words in the body of the story (I think) and heavily cut the author's note- then it was fine, the word limit becoming 9997 words. When I had to add something into the summary it didn't affect the word length. Is there any reason why MNFF's word counter is different to Pages (the mac equivalent to word)? I've noticed my one-shots in particular have been getting rather long recently and it was just fluke that that got through, so I may need to bear the difference in mind later. And I'm curious.

A very silly question and feel free to give me a silly answer Alex
    Banner by Minna.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Alex -

Our counter counts things like:

~
    <
    >

Often times HTML codes mess up word counts but no worries - we can accept stories a bit over 10000 words, just don't go crazy!

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Melina Malfoy:

Often times, as in my case with Dramione stories, life gets in the way. Feel free to PM or email the category mod after seven to ten days.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Luna_Midnight
    Hi, so um I have a question I have been trying to get into Beta Wanted/Beta Services, for Sale or Rent almost all day but I always end up getting this,
    Luna_Midnight, you do not have permission to access this page
    Why does that pop up? I used to be able to get in.

XenaTwin
    I just tried to acccess the story mentioned on page one of this forum, Dying For It by welshdevondragon, and it said this story has not been validated. I then searched for it by name and nothing showed up in the search. Even when I looked at the author page it's not listed. I just wanted you to know in case it's another error.
    Last edited by XenaTwin; 07-11-2011 at 12:26 PM.

lilyevansfan
    Hello! I'd just like to know (and if it is even possible) how to delete an account, thanks very much.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    XenaTwin: I can't seem to find the story on the author's page either. It could be that it has been renamed or deleted. If you're keen to read it, then maybe try contacting the author (welshdevondragon is also active on the forums and probably wouldn't mind being PM'd) to see if they can help answer what has happened to the story.

lilyevansfan: To delete either your forum or archive accounts, you need to contact one of the admins (I believe NikkiSue is about at the moment) with your request and they should be able to deal with it for you.

Luna_Midnight: I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your problem except to suggest the usual internet fixes, like deleting your temp internet files.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

bling_baby
    Heya,

This is going to sound really dorky but... is it possible to change my username? I created it like five years ago while joking around with my friends by now... The last thing I want to do is lose any information over it, or anything, and if it's impossible, fair enough. But it's always worth hoping x

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Hi, mods. I'm currently writing a Marauder fic, and in that, they use some herbs to enduce a sort of trance as part of their Animagi transformation work. Would I need a substance abuse warning on it because of this? I hadn't thought about it until one of my betas pointed it out. The names of the herbs aren't mentioned and they never use them for anything other than the transformations, would that count as abuse?

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Closed Thread