Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 22

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    When I post a new chapter of a story and press preview, not every time but very often, the preview comes up blank, with a note saying that I have to post the text, even though I just did. Often when I copy and paste the text again and press preview the second (or, sometimes third) time it comes up, so it only takes a few moments longer. However this has been happening a few months and I was wondering if it was happening to anyone else/ whether it's a glitch which could be easily solved (like I said, it only takes a few more moments so it's not that important, it's just annoying and I expected it to stop after a while but it hasn't).

Also for some reason when I highlight text within an Editing box, it won't let me the first few times, instead highlighting the whole page rather than the specific text box (whether that's the story/ chapter notes or end notes). Sometimes it won't let me write/ make changes to the text box, although after pressing refresh a few times it usually does. Now this may very well be a problem with my computer, rather than your servers but if it isn't my computer, would it be solvable?
    Banner by Minna.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Alex,
    I've let our resident coder know about the issues with the archives. I'm sure she will try to figure it out.

Thanks for letting us know.

Terri
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

3. 05-04-2011, 11:34 AM

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    This isn't a huge deal or anything, but I was wondering why there are no breaks in review responses. Like, let's say I typed this as a response:

Thank you for your review.

~Soraya~
    It would come out like this:

Thank you for your review ~Soraya~
    Like I said, it's not a big deal, just something I was thinking about the other day. Is there some kind of HTML tag you can use for it, or do they not work in author responses?

Ta.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    You have to put all the formatting in yourself for reviews/review responses. If you use <br> it will insert a line break, so to get it to appear as you want, you'd need to put:

Thank you for your review.<br><br>~Soraya~

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Forgive me if this question has already been asked - or if I have placed it in the wrong thread - but since quoting now puts everything in italics, should we make indentations instead when, say, posting our drabbles for challenges?

Quotation
    There is no pain. His mind has stopped its incessant cries: dangerous, dangerous, pull back from the edge before you fall and it’s too late… Instead, he pictures her eyes and is amazed by the comfort he finds in the very feel of her each time – the arches and curves and sharp lines of her flesh against his…
    vs

Indentation
    There is no pain. His mind has stopped its incessant cries: dangerous, dangerous, pull back from the edge before you fall and it’s too late… Instead, he pictures her eyes and is amazed by the comfort he finds in the very feel of her each time – the arches and curves and sharp lines of her flesh against his…

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Sorry, Mods, if I'm intruding on the question, but as this affects TTB ...

Lia, when I post the drabbles in TTB for the brawl, I plan to do it without the quote boxes for precisely that reason. When judging normal comps, all of us barmaids paste the drabbles into a word document and judge blind. So I go into the drabble and copy it with the correct formatting in place.

Basically it's up to you. Personally I think the indenting looks better.

~Carole (TTB Barmaid)
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Is it okay to post fan fictions on other sites to see the general response before posting on MNFF as long as we delete the one on the other site first?

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Your stories remain yours when they are posted on this site and so you are free to post them wherever you like. There are many authors who have their stories posted in more than one location - there is no need to delete them from other sites in order to post here It is worth noting, however, that our submission standards mean that having a story posted on another site is no guarantee that it will be accepted straight away here.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    I'm not sure this is the right place, but I've received at least five e-mail notifications for a new review when, actually, there's only one review. This happened a while ago but then the e-mails were all sent simultaneously, whereas these e-mails- I think the first one was sent some time yesterday evening and just now I was sent another one. Is this a glitch that can be solved or not?

Alex

MissMeg said it was because she edited her review- so don't worry
    Banner by Minna.

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Has the 'Remove from Favorites' option moved on the archives? There are some stories that I would like to remove from my favorites list, but when I click on the story title my only options are to 'Add Story to Favorites' or 'Add Author to Favorites'.
    Sorry if this has ben asked before, but I can't search within threads right now.
    Thanks!
    -Ayra

iDrabble iWrite

Lovely banner by Riham (padfoot_returns)
    Avvie by Samarie (Love_is_4ever)

That which cannot break you will only make you stronger.

Closed Thread