Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 21

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!

Ask a Moderator - Part 21

Please view our Forum's Frequently Asked Questions and Archive's Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

When asking a question that specifically applies to you, your account, or a particular story, you MUST provide the pertinent information, such as your uid.

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hi Modlies.
    I tried to submit a short poem tonight, and it told me that it had to be at least 100 words. It says in the rules that poetry is exempt from length rules. Am I doing something wrong? Or is something wonky?

Thanks,
    Megan

Edit: Ooops. I thought I was unique and didn't think to look for it in past threads. I thought it was probably something in my computor. Sorry.
    Kinda really hiatus-y at present.
    And Julia, this avatar is really pretty. Je l'adore.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    This question was actually answered at the end of the last thread. The archive software requires that there are at least 100 words of text in all stories. If your poem doesn't fill the 100 words, then you may include author notes such as beta credits in the main text box in order to bring the words count up.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch

Hey there.

I got an email three hours ago that my one-shot, Jealousy, has been approved, but when I look at my profile on MNFF it says that it has not been approved yet. I thought that was odd, because all my other stories have actually been approved by the time I looked at my MNFF account, which was usually directly after getting the email notifying me of it...

Thanks,

-Bookworm.

Edit: Thank you, coolh500!
    On Hiatus. Banner by the amazing Minnabird!

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    My apologies - I was interrupted just as I was about to hit the validate button and shut my laptop and completely forgot about the story. It's been taken care of now.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    I probably should have asked this earlier, but are we allowed to put banners from other off-site activities in our signature? I wrote two stories for an LJ ficfest this summer and have posted both stories on MNFF now. I put the banners in my signature with a link to the MNFF archives but then it occurred to me that perhaps that wasn't allowed? Please let me know if I should take them down, I don't mind at all! Thanks!
    ~Gina

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Gina -

I personally do not see a problem with it since there is no reference to the other site anywhere in your signature. You also mentioned linking it to our archives site so it seems that you have covered yourself from all sides here. (unless another mod has a differing opinion?)

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    How long does it take to get a response about joining the student group once I have requested to do so? Just curious... I don't want the class I'm interested in to fill up without me. Thanks!
    Lovely banner by Nadia

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Lori,
    I just went in and approved all student user requests that had a reason for joining.

If you have any problems, let me know.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

10. 10-11-2010, 11:49 PM

Justice

Sorting

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask... but I filled out my sorting quiz almost two weeks ago and still haven't heard back. I'd really like to take a class this term, but the rules said you need to be sorted. How long does it usually take to be sorted, and is there someone I could contact to see where my quiz is in the queue? Thanks.

Closed Thread