Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 22

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!

Ask a Moderator - Part 22

Please view our Forum's Frequently Asked Questions and Archive's Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

When asking a question that specifically applies to you, your account, or a particular story, you MUST provide the pertinent information, such as your uid.

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Filch is a Squib!
    As of last night/this morning, some areas of the boards have disappeared from the main index for me. Specifically, all of the beta areas and SPEW are gone. When I click links to get to those areas from the FAQ (for example), I get this message:
    clabbert2101, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I've tried logging out, emptying my cache, clearing my cookies, and restarting my browser, but to no avail. Is this a part of the...issue...with Sorting acting up, or is it something else entirely?

Midnight Storm
    There's a spambot here.

I've been posting a lot of these. Should I just do the "report bad post" thingo if I see one?

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Midnight Storm, I've taken care of that spambot. But yes, please just do the "report bad post" thing or PM the moderator in charge of the forum. There's no need to post it in Ask a Mod. Thank you.

Bella, hang in tight. We'll get it sorted out.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    Hi Mods!

The most recent chapter of my story Elisabeth was validated yesterday. Today, this chapter has over 300 reads, more than the first chapter of the story, which has been up since December. I was wondering if there was some kind of glitch with the read count? The chapters have been averaging about 100 or 150 reads each, so I was a bit confused by the sudden influx of readers. I suppose it's possible that the story has inexplicably exploded in popularity, but I think a glitch is more likely . This isn't really a major issue, but I thought I'd bring it up just in case it was happening to other people as well. Thanks!
    Eliza

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    obsessed_with_jo: Thanks for bringing it up -- We'll let our coder know.

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Hi mods, I clicked on a story just now, and it took me to a completely blank page, with just the word 'by' at the top, and a dash underneath. The story is Dying For It by welshdevondragon. I'm not sure if it's just me who can't access it, or if it's everyone, but I thought I'd let you know.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    Sapphire at Dawn: You need to be logged in and have the ability to read Professor rated fics.

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    Sapphire at Dawn: Okay. That's odd. Thanks for letting us know. =]

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I am logged in, and I do have the ability to read Professors rated fics. I can acess other fics rated this way, it only seems to be this fic that's a problem. I tried it on a different computer, as well, and it didn't work then either.

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Closed Thread