Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SPEW Babble #44

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Guys, here is what I'm going to do. I'm going to post the stories to the SPEW archival account. That way, there is NO chance that people can't read them. Myself, I have to use the very limited bandwidth for my not-at-home internet in order to just look at it, and it has to be while logged out. And that was only after three days of nothing. Hopefully, this way, you all can enjoy each other's hard work. That way, it'll still be anonymous and the actual authors can be added as co-authors later or the stories deleted later to be submitted to the queue under the author's name.

Here are the stories which had already been posted on LJ. They are now available on the archives, as well:

And Alex, in reply to your question, the authors of each fic will be revealed once all the stories have been posted. We're working on getting the rest of them up, though, so rest easy. Your SPEW story fairies have not forsaken you, lol.
    Last edited by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor; 07-28-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    No, I'm not double posting. Demmed time turners!

There be a Big Important Announcement in the By Royal Decree section. Please, please, please read it, because the information I gave you is ultra important. Not only does it help you understand your RAC scores, but it also has a lot of good information as to what we look for in SPEW reviews.

Also, in regard to the SPEW Summer Swap, no we have not forgotten about it. The remaining stories will come out. Now that LJ is up and running again (yay!), the stories will continue to go up there. If you're not watching the community thus far, you might miss them when they come out, so I suggest you do so. In addition to that, I actively encourage you to comment on the stories (you are pro reviewers... just a few sentences won't kill you). I know the authors will appreciate it. And I promise that, as soon as the last story is posted, the reveal list will be posted. I know most of you have pretty much figured it out, but you never know.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Hola SPEWly chikkas! Back from my vacacion~ (nah, I just stayed home while my gran took a vacation here). Anyway, I'm excited to be back, yay! Although, I won't lie but the New Regime's changes is making me cower.

Oh and I have very, very, VERY good news! I'm seeing DanRad on How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying show! Ultimate SQUEE!

Okay, bye.

Simply Being
    Chat, I command thee to liveeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Evora
    Oh and I have very, very, VERY good news! I'm seeing DanRad on How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying show! Ultimate SQUEE!
    Jealoussss.

New questions!

Have you gotten into Pottermore yet? What do you think?
    No

How do you feel about spoilers?
    Something I've been thinking about. Generally I do hunt out spoilers for mah (yes, they are mah shows) shows (House, Glee, etc). And sometimes I look up movies on Wiki before watching them so it spoils the ending. Generally, I don't really care. And I recently read an article where a study concluded that spoilers don't ruin the experience (based on a study where participants were spoiled on stories with surprise/twist endings). I made one exception though...Harry Potter. I absolutely refused to read spoilers for DH. The one time I accidentally clicked on a spoiler (literally, there was no warning. Just click! and then these people die) I just about cried. Luckily it turned out to be made up! With movies I'm of two minds. I generally will watch some clips/behind the scenes stuff but I have a limit. For example, I stopped watching DH clips eventually as there was just a ridiculous amount of them.

Any September plans? Is it back to school for any of us?
    Moving into to university tomorrow for me

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Belching up Slugs
    Welcome back, Dinny! I hope we can get to know each other through SPEW

Have you got into Pottermore yet? What do you think?

Sadly, no. Clearly, they're doing it in a random order, not the order we signed up. I don't mind. In fact, given my schedule, I think it's better that I've haven't got in yet

Hmm. I actually am dying to know. And if all of JKR's additions to the books were written down for me in plain text, I'd be happy. Because while I'd love to get Sorted, etc., what I'm most interested in is the extra details about the characters, the backstories for people that didn't make the books or the interviews.

The other thing is... it's not a film. Or another book. So I kind of think it'll be easier for word to get around, especially since you don't have to pay for it. Oh, and the one million people who got early entry are only some of the Pottermore fans. There are still lots more, so I know that as soon as it opens to the public, it'll be very easy to obtain that information.

Sadly, yes. 1st September is when I go back, but only for an hour. I properly start school on 6th September. But still! The whole summer's just flown.

Aaaand a new TQ:

Do you have any concerns about Pottermore? Is there a tiny part of you who secretly doesn't want to know about JKR's additions to the books?

I am very excited about Pottermore; don't get me wrong. But I do fear that all of my fanfic will be rendered AU as a result of it. And a lot of ships will sink, particularly the ones which, so far, have been plausible in canon, like Scorpius/Rose, Scorpius/Lily, Scorpius/Albus, and even the rarepairs like Lavender/Blaise.

/ramble

Okay, it is 12.30am and I should be asleep. Night night, SPEWers!

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Have you got into Pottermore yet? What do you think?

Not yet! Honestly, I've given up on hope to get in early. If I do, then I do. If not, then I'll wait. As long as I get in at all, it's fine. I'm more concerned from a modly standpoint that someone knows bits of canon that I don't.

Actually, spoilers don't bother me except for in sporting events. Movies, books, whatever... I don't care. But if you ruin my Phillies game, I will injure someone. /sporting violence

Let's see... there are QSQs to do. Then shoehorn in some writing and modly junk. Then QSQs. Possibly some more writing. Oh... and QSQs. That'll be my September.

Do you have any concerns about Pottermore? Is there a tiny part of you who secretly doesn't want to know about JKR's additions to the books?

I'm not too bothered by it. It seems to me more character background than pairing canon. It'll probably shipwreck my Katie/Oliver fic, but whatever. If people can read Dramione on purpose, then they can excuse a bit of outside of the fringe of canon fic.

I am very excited about Pottermore; don't get me wrong. But I do fear that all of my fanfic will be rendered AU as a result of it. And a lot of ships will sink, particularly the ones which, so far, have been plausible in canon, like Scorpius/Rose, Scorpius/Lily, Scorpius/Albus, and even the rarepairs like Lavender/Blaise.
    If someone ruins ScorAl for me, I will be devastated. Just... D:

Quick modly pokery stickery:

PLEASE consider participating in the Drabble Challenge! It's a simple, fun activity, and I've decided to make it even more lucrative than POINTS! I have decided that, while due to the anonymity of it, I can't allow it to be used as a monthly activity for this month, if you do submit a drabble, you ARE allowed to use it for next month! So, if your September is slated to be dizzyingly busy, consider this an opportunity to get one leg up by having 1/4 of your requirements completed before you even have to flip a calendar. BAM!

Are I not magnanimous? I are magnanimous.
    Last edited by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor; 08-21-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Belching up Slugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    If someone ruins ScorAl for me, I will be devastated. Just... D:
    I know it's my favourite ship, but I honestly do think that Scorose will be canon. Just... watch. LOL. Although Scalbus (or Alpius?) can be cute too

However. If JKR says it's Scily and not Scorose, I will pretend she hasn't said it.
    Last edited by babewithbrains; 09-10-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    It's been a while since anyone posted here- how was everyone's summer? Everyone looking forward to school/ more work/ college/ uni? I'm transferring into the second year at a new uni and I'm pretty scared.

Anyway whilst I should be looking for somewhere to live, I was roving around LJ and found the summer swap. And found Jess' story for Ariana. I need a part 3! When do we get to find out who wrote what story, because I was sure Jess wrote mine but now know that can't be right.

And I want to find out who wrote which drabbles for the SPEW rare pairs challenge.

And find somewhere to live. :/
    Banner by Minna.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Gahhhh, crap on a stick! I knew I forgot to do something! I meant to do that ages ago, tell you who wrote what. >.<

Anyway, as you lot have pretty much already sussed out, the Summer Swap mystery writers are now posted on spewswap.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Since this is deader than roadkill on the freeway, I feel no shame in double-posting.

We're going to *try* a SPEW chat later on this evening/morning. Since Ariana and I are night owls and it's a weekend, and the Brits will be crawling out of bed in 3-5 hours, it seems a good opportunity. If it doesn't work tonight, I'd like to try the same time tomorrow. We definitely have to welcome Alex to the AIM world.

You all are added to the SPEW AIM blast group, so all you have to do is IM [SPEW] and anyone that is online in the group will get that IM.

Hope to see you there!