Thread: Informing Homeschoolers

Hybrid View

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!

Informing Homeschoolers

I'm planning a fic set during the Trio's seventh year that involves a girl who was previously homeschooled having to attend Hogwarts for her final year. My question is, how do people think the Ministry would go about telling parents of students who don't go to Hogwarts that they have to attend?

At the moment, I've got a newly created comittee, the Comittee for Educational Reform, writing the parents a letter basically telling them that the girl has to go. But do you think that would be enough? I'm sure recieving this letter would raise a hell of a lot of questions on the parent's side, and I planned to have them just address these in letters and only recieving pleasantries and repetition of what was said in the original letter in reply. But do you think that the Ministry would send a representative to their home to talk to them about it, or someone from the school? Does the system I've got now sound plausible?

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    I think a letter wouldn't really be enough to be honest. SOmeone says practically everyone studies at Hogwarts, so I think it would be feasible for a Ministry representative to visit those who are homeschooled to explain why they are doing this. They'd probably make something up about it being for their own protection or something like that.

That's not much, but hope it helps a little Alex x
    Banner by Minna.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    I would say a letter for sure and probably something in The Daily Prophet. If the parents raised a lot of issues, then I would say that a Ministry representative would go, but a letter and newspaper ad would be a good start
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire at Dawn
    I'm planning a fic set during the Trio's seventh year that involves a girl who was previously homeschooled having to attend Hogwarts for her final year. My question is, how do people think the Ministry would go about telling parents of students who don't go to Hogwarts that they have to attend?

This is during the Trio's seventh year, i.e., Voldemort's reign? I figure they send some sinister blokes to tell the parents that the Ministry has changed the rules and homeschooling is no longer an option. How polite they are about it and how overt the threats would probably depend on the parents' blood status, but they'll get the message. The Death Eater regime did not appear to be particularly subtle.