Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Navy IV

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Thanks, Nikki! I will be sure to do that.
    my page
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and banner by TM_Wandstick.

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
    (The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

oboechick
    What exactly is a thread? Is that where you post your fan fiction to be read? (Sorry, I'm totally new to a Beta website.)

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    ((Not entirely sure if I am a Navy member *my request was accepted and it says I am part of the group but haven't heard anything else* and your question is over a month old but I'll answer it anyway))

A thread is basically what this is. Once you have been sorted you can make new threads in area's like the reference desk where you go to if you have any questions about the Potterverse. As for where you post your fan fictions you can register and submit them here.

Hope that clears it up a bit for you

~Abi~

This gorgeous banner is by TM_WandStick/Toni =)
    JOIN THE SBBC!
    ON HIATUS

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    How about this:

A forum example would be something like the Dueling Club.

A thread example would be the lonnnnnnnnnnnng line of choices to click on within the Dueling Club forum. My thread, as a visual for you says, "NikkiSue wonders, "Was it flick and swish?"

Some forums can only be accessed by members. Forums such as Slytherin can only be seen by those sorted there. Same with the other three Houses.

I can go into more detail if you need it. :-)

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    I'm not posting just for the sake of post count, I'm just curious, but in what forums do posts actually count (like, in the post-count-o-meter)?
    Nora Writes ~ Nora Draws ~ Nora Duels ~ Nora Drabbles ~ Nora Betas

My fabulous Doctor Who banner is by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Snape Hates Me

Sorting

I was reading through this thread, and noticed that someone said that sorting should only take about a week. I sent my quiz back to the hat more like three weeks ago, and I haven't had a reply. Is this normal, or could something have gone wrong with my message? If so, can I go ahead and send the message again? (Sorry if this is the worng place to ask btw)

Sophie

Edit: So sorry to waste your time Nicole I was sorted within a few hours of posting this. I am now a proud new Hufflepuff! I also feel like a fool for worrying...

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Hi Sophie -

I checked the Sorting Hat account and there are only two PMs in there, both dated today. Be sure to keep your messages pruned until you are sorted as you are only alloted five messages without a House. Read your messages carefully because with the server glitch, everyone will be listed in your inbox as "Array."

Good luck!

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Seth Malfoy
    I've mostly just been reading other people's posts, but I've noticed that this one girl (won't say her name) is sort of clogging up the system. For example, while everyone else is actually contributing to a thread and giving long, detailed posts, she'll say something like Hannah had blond hair (just an example) when someone else has already said it! This is really bugging me.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Malfoy View Post
    I've mostly just been reading other people's posts, but I've noticed that this one girl (won't say her name) is sort of clogging up the system. For example, while everyone else is actually contributing to a thread and giving long, detailed posts, she'll say something like Hannah had blond hair (just an example) when someone else has already said it! This is really bugging me.
    If you could shoot me a PM with further details on this, I'd appreciate it. In the future, though, other members' behavioural issues are more of a private matter and should be PMed directly to a staff member and not posted about here. Thank you, though, for your diligence.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    Hello!

I'm trying to change my signature to incorporate my lovely SPEWbie banner, but when I go onto Edit Signature, it says that I'm not allowed to have pictures in the signature. Am I being completely dense and not doing it the right way, or is there a way it can easily be changed? I read the thread on editing signatures and I couldn't find anything about this.

Thank yooou

FABULOUS banner by Pooja!

"The true poem is in the poet's mind"