Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Navy IV

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by GinnyPotter View Post
    Hi,
    When we quote, how do we do the "originally post by …" thing?
    I've never actually figured out how.
    Thanks,
    ~Nidhi
    On the bottom right bar of an individual post, there is a button that says "Reply with Quote". If you hit this, the entire post will automatically be quoted in the Quick Reply box, along with the user's name who posted it. If you only want to quote a little bit or multiple users, you can simply use the normal quote feature (the little icon in the Quick Reply box with the dialogue bubble) and put an "=InsertUsername" after the word 'quote'. That does the trick, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shaun056
    Just how long, does it take to get sorted?
    It is determinant on many factors. Usually, mods will pop in and out of the sorting account, but there is typically someone assigned to the task of sorting to make sure it gets done. If that person has real life issues or other things that occupy their time and are out of their control, sometimes it falls lower on the priority list. It shouldn't take any more than 2 weeks from when you send your PM to when you get your quiz results, but here and there, when things pile up, it can go over that 2 week mark. I apologise if that is not a good time frame for you, but there are very few active mods right now, and we sometimes find ourselves with more work than hours in the day. However, it WILL be taken care of eventually.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    Hi

I want to start posting my stories from another site, but when I fill out the stuff in the submit a story section and then press submit it says that I've not filled out all the sections required. Such as the catergories, I click on the catergory and fill out the rest and it refuses to submit the chapter. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong when I fill out the required fields.
    I press the catergory once and I notice a box on the right hand side, is the catergory supposed to appear in this box? if so, how so I get it in the box?
    sorry if I'm being a pain. But I might be looking to close the account on the other site, and I don't want to do that until I'm sure I know how to operate all the functions on this site.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Hi there

I think what you're doing is not clicking the arrow button in between the two boxes to move the highlighted category from the 'category options' box to the 'selected categories' box. In between the two, there are two buttons, one with a '>' symbol and one that says 'remove'. Select the right category then click the '>' button and the category should appear in the 'selected categories' box.

Hope that helps!

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire at Dawn View Post
    Hi there

I think what you're doing is not clicking the arrow button in between the two boxes to move the highlighted category from the 'category options' box to the 'selected categories' box. In between the two, there are two buttons, one with a '>' symbol and one that says 'remove'. Select the right category then click the '>' button and the category should appear in the 'selected categories' box.

Hope that helps!

Sarah x
    Hi

Ok I'll try that and see what happens. Will let you know what happens.

magicmuggle01 (Andy)

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I went on hiatus for a few months...now I'm back, but whenever I try to post something it says that my account "has either been deactivated by a moderator or is awaiting activation." Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    This should have been posted in the Ask a Mod thread, but I have an answer. :-)

I didn't see ANYTHING out of sorts in your profile. Everything that should be checked has been, and there isn't anything that says you should not have access.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Ok, thank you for your answer

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

Hey, I asked for a sorting quiz about five days ago and I haven't yet received it. Is this normal?

EDIT: Quiz received. Thanks!

Banner by me

First Year In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Toads View Post
    I went on hiatus for a few months...now I'm back, but whenever I try to post something it says that my account "has either been deactivated by a moderator or is awaiting activation." Is there anything I can do to fix this?
    Having the same problem. But it looks like you problem has been fixed I'm replying to your post already.

First Year In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow
    I wonder if there would be another book coming out about Harry and his married life?