Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Navy IV

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Just-A-Dream View Post
    I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this, but when I tried to post in the 'questions' forum, it said I wasn't authorized.

Anyway, as I have been clicking this site, making myself acquainted with my surroundings, I have noted several references to being 'sorted' or having a 'house'. Now, I'm not stupid, I know what being sorted means, and I know to which houses are being referred. However, what I do not know, is how one is sorted.

Can you help me out?
    In order to get sorted, send a PM to the username SortingHat with a title along the lines of 'Sorting quiz request'. Once it is sent to you, reply to the quiz with the answers only. Within a week, you will get your results back (sometimes longer, but a week is generally how long it takes), and after that, it'll be another few days until you are added to the House's usergroup, which is done by the Head of House. Overall, the process shouldn't take longer than two weeks.

Once you're sorted, several forums that you can't currently see will appear, and it will completely change your MNFF experience. Two weeks seems like a long time to wait for results, but it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ValkyrieRaylene View Post
    It will only let me login to some parts of the beta boards. When I go to some places it tells me that I am not logged in and it won't recognize my account at all. I'm not sure what to do, as it is only for some places. Please help?
    Thanks,
    Jo
    Sometimes, especially on mobile devices, these new forums are a bit testy. One thing that was passed to me by a mobile user, if that is applicable to you, is to add a 'www.' before the 'fanfiction.mugglenet.com/forums'. Some mobile devices such as ipods/pads/phones, and others have issues with recognising urls without the 'www'. Adding it will still take you to the same place.

If you're NOT trying to access via a mobile device and are still having problems, I recommend clearing out your cookies. In Firefox 4, you can do this by clicking the 'Firefox' tab on the top left of the browser window, hovering over 'Options', selecting the 'Options' in that menu. Click on the 'Privacy' tab, and finally on the link 'remove individual cookies'. From there, you can either find the 'mugglenet.com' cookies or just choose to Remove All Cookies. Either way, once you've done that, you will have to log in again, but it helps with the login issues.

For Internet Explorer 9, click on the Cog shape toward the top right of the browser window and select 'Internet Options'. Under the 'Browsing History' heading, click 'Delete...' You have the option of selecting only 'Cookies' to delete. Once that is done, it's probably best to restart the browser and trying to log in again.

If you're still having problems, try restarting your browser if you haven't already. If that doesn't work, then post in the Ask a Mod thread. There might be some sort of issue with your account that would need to be looked at by a coder person or whatever (I'm not too 'up' on tech speak). However, it's usually the case that clearing cookies solves most of these problems.

Sorry about the delay in reply. Since you're not sorted yet, your posts don't show up right away. By the time they do, the site doesn't recognise them as new posts anymore. If no one answers you after a few days or so, feel free to post again, just to make sure this hasn't happened to you. We're here to help .
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Hannah93
    I hope this is the right place to be asking this, its about a year since I was last one here,
    I had an account Gorgeous_Ginny, and when I went to log back into it all of a sudden says that the username does not exist, yet I have found posts from myself and it says it is not registered.
    However I now wish for that account to not exist, because now I obviously have multiple accounts which was (and I assume still is) never allowed.
    I keep trying to post things on here though on this account and it says I don't have rights to do those sorts of posts when it is as simple as offering Beta Services, because my account is not activated yet I have activated it. This is really annoying because I used to come on here all of the time and found the site so easy to use and was a really active member yet now when I come back after studying for a year I can't do a thing !
    Someone please help before I tear my hair out.

secret_hermoine

SortingHat

I just joined the MNFF Beta Boards and I am interested in being sorted. I have read the procedure-PM the username SortingHat-but I am unable to find this user. I have searched the members list and have done an advanced search of the site for that user, but it seems to evade me every time. Can anyone help?

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Re: SortingHat

Quote Originally Posted by secret_hermione
    I just joined the MNFF Beta Boards and I am interested in being sorted. I have read the procedure-PM the username SortingHat-but I am unable to find this user. I have searched the members list and have done an advanced search of the site for that user, but it seems to evade me every time. Can anyone help?
    SortingHat is not on the regular user registry because it's a special sort of account. Just go to Private Messages on the top menu bar and click on Send New Message, which is located on the left-hand side of the screen. Simply type 'SortingHat' into the recipient box, and I promise that it will get where it needs to go. Title your PM to the tune of 'Sorting quiz request', as well as something similar in the body. Take the test. Send a new PM with the title 'Sorting Quiz for secret_hermione' and put ONLY the question numbers and corresponding answers in the body. In around a week's time, you will be sorted into your new house and eventually added to the usergroup with full posting privileges.

Re: Re-Registering

Quote Originally Posted by hannah93
    I hope this is the right place to be asking this, its about a year since I was last one here,
    I had an account Gorgeous_Ginny, and when I went to log back into it all of a sudden says that the username does not exist, yet I have found posts from myself and it says it is not registered.

However I now wish for that account to not exist, because now I obviously have multiple accounts which was (and I assume still is) never allowed.

I keep trying to post things on here though on this account and it says I don't have rights to do those sorts of posts when it is as simple as offering Beta Services, because my account is not activated yet I have activated it. This is really annoying because I used to come on here all of the time and found the site so easy to use and was a really active member yet now when I come back after studying for a year I can't do a thing !

Someone please help before I tear my hair out.
    Due to droves of inactive members and dummy spam accounts, users who have less than a certain amount of posts that have not logged on in over a year are deleted. 99 times out of 100, these people never come back. However, if you WERE deleted, while your account cannot be brought back, you are definitely allowed to create a new one and be re-Sorted. You might even find yourself in a new House.

Simply send a request to SortingHat (as I mentioned in the above), and get your new quiz, take it, send your answers, and wait to see. Sorry for any inconvenience, but it was a necessary step to cull down the amount of spam accounts. Thank you for your patience, both in waiting for a reply (another good reason to get re-sorted; your posts will appear right away!) and for the deletion of your old account.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

DestinyMoonStar

Creating a series

Hello, quick question or at least I hope it is. I know how to post stories and add chapters but how do I create a series with my stories?

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Destiny: This function is no longer available over the archive. It was revoked due to misuse. Perhaps in the future we will bring it back. For now, just link your stories to one another.

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Thom_Heap

How does one find a Beta reader?

I've been searching this site for quite a while and haven't seen a beta requests forum or this beta guild thing. Is there a link I'm missing?

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Although I'm not a member of the Navy...

Thom: There is a Beta subforum right here: Beta Forum

I have a different question for the Navy:

Will classes be held for Spring? I was thinking of teaching a class. It'd be nice to have a few more classes, I think only two classes ended up finishing - MWPP and OCs.

Thank you. ^^
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Wait a minute . . . adding on to Aida's . . .

Can anyone teach a class?

Has there Next Gen. class? (because there are many clichés I encounter EVERYWHERE with my favorite era)
    my page
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and banner by TM_Wandstick.

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
    (The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Regarding teaching a class, please contact Terri/mudbloodproud. As far as the question about WHO may teach, you must put in an application. They usually announce when it's time but go ahead and poke Terri.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3