Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RETURN OF THE BRAWL - Get your wands ready, drabblers! ~ Sign ups~

Midnight Storm
    Name: Annie
    House: Ravenclaw
    Favourite Potterverse Character: James Potter I ("Snr" makes him sound far too old)
    Brawling weapon of choice: *glances around* Uh, my school shoes! Fear the T-bars!
    Present you'd give to the barmaids (be creative): The yo-yos I made in Food Tech. There are 13. Feel free to indulge (I hate yo-yos).

Draco Malfoy wears leather ... I refuse to say that T-word. But apparently, I can't say "pants" with you Brits around. Lets just go with boardies, yeah?

Draco Malfoy wears leather board shorts on (I'm with Aida here, "at" sounds wrong. But "during" just sounds even worse) the weekend.
    EQ Edit: It may sound wrong to you but it is grammatically correct. Boardies? Wow, there's a word I've never heard before. Ah, how the language divides us! What is wrong with the word trousers? - Just curious, that's all.
    Annie EDIT:It's just one of those words that make me do a double take, and think "people actually say that?" I mean, nobody I know would be caught dead saying "t****ers". It just sounds ... off.
    Boardies are, y'know, though shorts you wear when yo go to the beach, made of the same material as bathers (togs?). Guys have knee length ones, girls have skimpy little ones.

EQ again: Ah, bathers would be trunks for blokes when they swim, or just shorts. Girls wear shorts and um ... swimming costumes/bikinis, I suppose.
    Draco in leather boardies would be very hot ... I mean temperature wise - LOL.

Draco Malfoy wears leather boardies on the weekend.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Gah, I've resisted this challenge twice before but I want to write!

Name: inspirations
    House: Hufflepuff
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Remus Lupin
    Brawling weapon of choice: My pen
    Present you'd give to the barmaids (be creative): A chocolate sculpture of Sirius Black.

AND Draco Malfoy wears leather trousers at the weekend, did you know?

EQ Edit: OOOh a chocolate Sirius Black ... yum. And, no, I didn't know about Draco's attire at the weekend. Spire, I am so pleased to see you here.
    RS Edit: The problem with a chocolate Sirius Black is that I'd eat him so quickly Madam Caroleee would barely get a chance to look at him. This could cause some arguments...

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Wow, this is proving very popular. Seriously, guys, I didn't expect that.

Okay, I think we'll have to put a cap on this, otherwise we could be going on for months.

Twenty-one people have signed up, so I'm going to allow up to twenty-five brawlers.

THERE ARE FOUR MORE PLACES UP FOR GRABS

Madame Carmerta (yes, my nicknames are getting more ridiculous every day.)
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Name: Nadia
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Albus Potter!!!
    Brawling weapon of choice: My laptop!
    Present you'd give to the barmaids (be creative): Hmm.... the Marauder's Map and the Invisibility Cloak... and a Time-Turner. Lots of prospects there!

EQ Edit: Ohh, intriguing. I think all the barmaids would appreciate those gifts.
    RS Edit: Oh the things I could do with an invisibility cloak...

And Yes, I met Draco in Hogsmeade last Friday. He was wearing those leather trousers Astoria told me she had bought him on his birthday.

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    What's With Mars?
    Name: Megan
    House: Gryffindor
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Either Hermione because I'd like to think that I'm like her or Severus Snape because he's such a developed character
    Brawling weapon of choice: I'd prefer to think of myself as a calm person doing this activity to better my writing skills
    Present you’d give to the barmaids (be creative): A time machine so that you could go back in time and get to experience life was any era of HP characters that you wanted. And you could meet the next Gen ones too.

EQ Edit: If the time machine is piloted by the 10th doctor (or at a pinch the 9th) then your gift is accepatble.
    RS Edit: Agreed

I seem to have an urge to post here that Draco wears leather trousers at the weekend. Thank you.
    INDEFINITE HIATUS

AMAZING banner by Julia (theopaleye)

Third Year Gryffindor
    Beset by Owls
    Name: Marissa
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Remus John Lupin
    Brawling weapon of choice: My three-year old Converse sneakers
    Present you'd give to the barmaids (be creative): I'll give you each a Sirius Black bobblehead...with real clothes. And my rubber band ball. It's very special to me.

EQ Edit: I love the sound of the bobblehead. I hope it has some leather trousers and a motor bike.
    RS Edit: Rubber band ball? Boy, oh boy! *bounces*

I'd really love to get more involved around here. I haven't been around much for a few weeks.

By the way, I think I heard from Parvati who heard it from Lavender who was told by Hannah Abbott, who overheard Pansy Parkinson blabbering on, that a certain Draco Malfoy wears leather trousers at the weekend?
    ~Rissy

That beautiful banner was made by Annalise!

h_vic
    *Sneaks in to grab last place (I hope!)*

Name: Hannah
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Severus Snape, Katie Bell or Lavender Brown (I'm eclectic)
    Brawling weapon of choice: A frozen haddock
    Present you’d give to the barmaids (be creative): Err ... Would Sirius smut work for you as a pressie, Carole? Actually, why have I never written that?

EQ Edit: Oh yes! Sirius smut would be most acceptable.
    RS Edit: Why haven't you? Go get writing!

Draco Malfoy wears leather trousers at the weekend, but only when riding his motorbike.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Last place taken!

Thank you all for entering.

h-vic is the last brawler, but I shall keep the thread open and operate a reserve list in case someone drops out before we start (27th Feb)

Madam Carmerta
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

leahsm2
    Name: leahsm2
    House: Proud House of SSSSlytherin
    Favourite Potterverse Character: >.> don't know, sir, but "Draco Malfoy wears leather trousers at the weekend," wouldn't be a bad thing, I guess, you sick puppies.
    Brawling weapon of choice: Broken ButterBeer Bottle
    Present you’d give to the barmaids (be creative): Hogwarts, A History., by Chroniclus Punnet.

EQ Edit: Leah, you're top of the waiting list. Hogwarts. A History, eh? Hmm, you're presuming we can read. Actually, it's such a heavy tome, we could use it to whack the unruly brawlers out of the bar.

stareyed_in_LA
    In case there is still room on the waiting list:

Name: stareyed_in_LA
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Tie between Nymphadora Tonks (who I think is the most badass character in the series) or Cedric Diggory (I don't care what anyone thinks, but he is the hottest guy at Hogwarts)
    Brawling weapon of choice: A kukri... wait, are anything with a blade allowed? If not, then I'll settle for a cricket bat.
    Present you’d give to the barmaids (be creative): Snogging rights to both David Tennant AND Robert Pattinson. Me and some mates were drawing up snogging rights a few years ago and I was smart enough to lay dibs on both men before they were really famous (this was back when GoF was in theatres and David Tennant wasn't even known in America). Because I am kind, I will share both with you ladies.

EQ Edit: Hmm, I accept both men but you need to know that I adored Monsiur Tennant from a programme called Blackpool many, many moons ago ... and Casanova *sigh*. You're on the waiting list, Stareyed, so if anyone is scared by the thought of the barmaids' fearsome prompts *snort* , then you're second in line.
    RS Edit: Ooooh, good present! I'm sure both me and Carole with utilise that most frequently