Thread: Burrow Layout

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck

Burrow Layout

All right. So, I'm writing this scene that's placed at the Burrow. I was wondering whether Arthur or whoever added onto the house whenever another kid came along. Or, would it be too strange for the place to be purchased that way? I know that sounds ridiculous in my head.

As for the layout, I like the one given in in the HPL, but that could or could not be tied into canon. Any suggestions on the layout?

Also, assuming that it was renovated here and there, could the master bedroom originally been on a lower landing? Where?

How often would it have been renovated?

I'm one of eight kids, personally, so I shared a room till I got my own place. Do you like Molly and Arthur might have compromised for a while since they kids were younger and smaller?

The piece is set in 1979, so there's no Ron or Ginny. My main concerns, I guess, are the master bedroom and Bill's room.

Any suggestions? Help me, please, I'm stuck again.

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuri
    I was wondering whether Arthur or whoever added onto the house whenever another kid came along. Or, would it be too strange for the place to be purchased that way? I know that sounds ridiculous in my head.
    I always assumed that Arthur just kept adding rooms where ever they would fit as his family expanded.
    I remember reading in the movie guide that JKR described the building as being "origionally a large pigsty" to the producers of the film (Harry Potter film wizardry - movie guide) I don't own the second book so can't check if this was actually in the book.

Any suggestions on the layout?
    I'd put the master bedroom on the second floor, with Bill's room, living room, kitchen, dining room and a bathroom on the bottom level.
    When Molly fell pregnant they would move downstairs and maybe extend the room a bit.
    Charlie would have the upstairs foom from birth.
    When Bill came along, Molly would be over walking up stairs so Arthur would build a new room downstairs for Bill. Then he would be moved to the newly created upstairs (maybe a seperate room to Charlie) when Percy came along, as Molly would want the baby as close to her as possible.
    Then with the twins they would get the bottom room and Percy he would get a new room). Twins would then get a room next to Percy (at this point I have no idea as to whether Bill + Charlies or Percy + Twins would get first or second story).
    Bottom room would go the Ron and then Ginny. Ron would get a room on the next (newly created story, below the attic which i imagine being just moved up as each story is added) and Ginny would get Bill's room when he went to Hogwarts or would keep the bottom room depending on her prefernece.

That was just how I would do it but I could be really wrong.

Also, assuming that it was renovated here and there, could the master bedroom originally been on a lower landing? Where?
    As I said above I think it would have origionally been on the second floor but they would have moved due to Molly's pregnancy.

How often would it have been renovated?

Shortly before the baby was born so they could be organised and not have one child waking the other as this would drive them mad.

Do you like Molly and Arthur might have compromised for a while since they kids were younger and smaller?

Definately for the twins and possibly for Bill and Charlie before they realise that the kids will interfere with eachother's sleep

The piece is set in 1979, so there's no Ron or Ginny. My main concerns, I guess, are the master bedroom and Bill's room.

First and second floor respectively.

I've never had kids but I have played the Sims for many years so that would be how I would do it

Hope is helps
    Jess
    Banner photographed by me and edited by xBeccaxBlackx
    It was worth the chocolate : )

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"
    Gerard Way