Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: thegirllikeme - Available

thegirllikeme
    I'll do this for you. It sounds really interesting. I remember 9/11 quote vividly (I think everyone in the US does). However, for the other one, I have to let you know that I might not be much help as I don't remember it, at all. I was eleven and globally unaware.

I'll PM you my e-mail address and you can send it over.

As for everyone else, I am available if you don't mind a longer wait.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    UserName: OliveOil_Med
    What you would prefer to be called: Molly
    Title: More Than a Divided Country
    Genre: General
    Ships: None
    Rating and Warnings: 3rd-5th Years; Mild Profanity, Violence
    Word Count: 6000 words per chapter
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered
    Expected Beta Time: one week, if possible
    Permanent Y/N: If you can, but will settle for just one chapter
    Summary: When Korea was divided by a war, twin sisters—Yu Mi-cha and Eun-cha—were separated as well. Almost fifty years later, their granddaughters are brought together through being Muggle-born witches: Kim Hae-won from the South and Ryang Young-jae from the North.

But even in this new world of magic, they are not free of political turmoil, and the Korean wizarding world is on the verge of a choice that could change the world forever.

Any other information: I've betaed so many of your stories for you. You owe me! I also may hold a certain chapter hostage...

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

thegirllikeme
    I've betaed so many of your stories for you. You owe me! I also may hold a certain chapter hostage...
    Resorting to threats? Tsk, tsk. I thought you were above that (okay, I totally didn't. I know you fight dirty).

But you should know I could never say no to you. And I am, of course, willing to be permanent. Now, I just really need to catch up with the story. >.<

I'll shoot you a PM with my beta address and you can send it there.

With that, I am temporarily unavailable. *sadface* But unfortunately, I have all I can handle until semester's end.

EDIT:

Term is over and I'm back from summer camp, so I am AVAILABLE!

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    User Name: expelliarmus17
    Story: Not sure of a title yet.
    Genre: General, I suppose.
    Ships: None.
    Rating and Warnings: 3rd-5th years, possibly language
    Word Count: 1,191 words in the first chapter
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered, should be about 4 when I'm done.
    Expected Beta Time: Take your time!
    What do you need to most help with? Plot and characterization
    Permanent Y/N: Yes
    Summary: Set in Harry's third year, at the height of the fear of Sirius Black. Rita Skeeter is our protagonist, and she is determined to write a thrilling article about Sirius Black. However, her insecurities about her career and some unexpected discoveries slow her down!

Please read & review my new story! Banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny

thegirllikeme
    Oh, Rita Skeeter! Sounds interesting. I shall send you my email and you can send it there.

And I'm still available.

Third Year Gryffindor
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Username: wendelin the wierd
    Story Title: Mudblood (Tentatively)
    Genre: Romance
    Ships: Draco/Hermione
    Rating and Warnings: 3rd-5th years
    Word Count: 1300
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered
    Expected Beta Time: A week at most please.
    What do you need to most help with? Grammar, characterization. Plot too, I suppose. Basically, everything. I'll PM you with further details if you agree to take this on.
    Permanent Y/N: Yes. I would like you to stick with me right through all the chapters if that's possible.
    Summary:
    He asks her to make a deal. She agrees. Of course, she should have known better. He was Draco Malfoy after all...
    Banner by the wonderful Minnabird
    Author Page ~ Banner thread ~
    PI Accredition

thegirllikeme
    Of course, I'd love to beta this for you!

I'm somewhat available.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    Chante'! Since you're 'somewhat' available, is there any chance you could do a Mysterious May entry for me? It needs to be in the queue by Thursday (that's the 30th isn't it?) but if you can't do it by then, then I can always edit in your changes (although that might mess with the date stamp- or I'll just not enter it and have it as an one-shot apart from the competition. I don't mind doing that if it means a beta who I know is good has looked over it and told me what's wrong with it )

Anyway I'm still writing this but should have it done by tomorrow at the latest. Are you interested?

User Name: welshdevondragon
    Story: Tentatively titled Pink Moon.
    Genre: Next- Gen/ Dark
    Ships: Scorpius and Lily.
    Rating and Warnings: 6th-7th years. Non-consensual sex, violence, suicide, substance abuse, and strong profanity.
    Word Count: At the moment I think it will be 6000?
    One Shot or Chaptered: One-shot
    Expected Beta Time: If possible by Thursday. If not, then that's fine.
    What do you need to most help with? Characterisation/ plot (there's a lot of it and I want it to make sense) mainly
    Permanent Y/N: Yep for the one-shot
    Summary:
    Lily Luna Potter needs to discover the truth, so, with the help of Scorpius Malfoy, sets out to determine the circumstances behind the suicide of her best friend, Jane West.

The more she tries to, however, the more she discovers that, really, she didn’t know anything about Jane at all.
    Hopefully you're a bit available/ interested in that!

Alex
    Banner by Minna.

thegirllikeme
    I can do this for you, Alex. I'll try my best to have it done by Thursday, but I don't want to make any promises, just in case. You know where to send it.

Tentatively available.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    Hello Chante'- I hope you're well. I was wondering if you'd mind beta-ing a one-shot for me? It's an off-shoot of my Thin Red Lines series and since I'm pretty sure you haven't read any of that I want to make sure it makes sense in its own right. It's about Romilda Vane's parents.

User Name: welshdevondragon
    Story: The Weather Vane
    Genre: Dark/ Angsty probably
    Ships: Romilda Vane's parents- Rebecca Harrow and John Vane. Rabastan Lestrange/ Rebecca Harrow
    Rating and Warnings: Either 3rd-5th or 6th-7th. Not sure yet. Sexual situations, strong profanity, violence. Possibly non-consensual sex but it will be mention of rather than explicit.
    Word Count: At the moment I think it will be 6000- it's 2000 at the moment.
    One Shot or Chaptered: One-shot
    Expected Beta Time: As long as you want
    What do you need to most help with? Characterisation/ plot
    Permanent Y/N: Yes
    Summary: Tentatively:
    August 1998: John Vane walks into work to find himself thrown into a Ministry holding cell. As he waits, he thinks about his life with his wife, Rebecca, their daughter Romilda, and what he must now tell Rebecca.
    I hope that sounds vaguely interesting/ you have the time to look over it.

Alex
    Banner by Minna.