Thread: The Trio at Shell Cottage

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!

The Trio at Shell Cottage

I'm doing a bit of planning, but I don't have my books on me to try and work out how long the Trio were at Shell Cottage before they leave to rob Gringotts. I don't think it's ever stated exactly, but is there a reference to days or weeks or whatnot?

I'm trying to establish a sort of timeline between Malfoy Manor, which was the Easter Holidays, to the Battle of Hogwarts on 2nd of May (well, it starts on the 1st, but hey). There's at least two weeks between the two events as that is how long Neville has been in the Room of Requirement when the Trio turn up. But that's as much as I can work out without having the books on me. Can anyone help?

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Easter was the weekend of April 5 in 1996. This means that the Malfoy Manner could have occured anywhere between April 5 and 14. If you do late Easter holidays, then it slightly over two weeks. So the Trio was at the Shell Cottage for about three weeks before they robbed Gringotts, if my math serves me correctly.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple_and_PhoenixFeather
    Easter was the weekend of April 5 in 1996. This means that the Malfoy Manner could have occured anywhere between April 5 and 14. If you do late Easter holidays, then it slightly over two weeks. So the Trio was at the Shell Cottage for about three weeks before they robbed Gringotts, if my math serves me correctly.
    I think you mean 1998, as Harry was born in 1980.

The calendar on HPL says the trio were captured and taken to Malfoy Manor sometime in late March, but the exact date is unknown (which seems a bit off to me, as Easter in 1998 was on April 12th...maybe Hogwarts just has a super long Easter break?) In any case, I'd estimate they were at Shell cottage for a few weeks to a month before breaking into Gringotts on May 1 and fighting the battle of Hogwarts from the 1st to the 2nd. Hope that helped!
    Eliza

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    When I did my research for my fic on that time period, I went with two to three weeks. But I hadn't looked up Easter or anything. My conclusion was based solely on the text of DH in those chapters.
    Seriously cool banner by Julia