Thread: Muggles and the Hogwarts Express

Third Year Gryffindor
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts

Muggles and the Hogwarts Express

I've been thinking (which is never a good thing) and is it possible for muggles to get on platform 9 3/4? I'm not talking about just regular people (that's basically what the whole protection is for) but I'm talking about parents of Muggleborns or half bloods. Because of their child would they be allowed on 9 3/4?

This beautiful banner was made by majestic ginny!!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    I'm sure they would be. I mean I'm pretty sure there's a mention of Hermione's parents being on the platform. Of course a witch or wizard will have had to have told them how to get on but I think it would be pretty cruel for the parents not to get to wave their children goodbye.
    Banner by Minna.

Third Year Gryffindor
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    I agree it would be cruel. But I just wanted to be sure. thanks!

This beautiful banner was made by majestic ginny!!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    They can; in The Prince's Tale, Lily's parents and Petunia (I think) are mentioned as being on the platform.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    They would have to be allowed. Parents would hate not being able to say goodbye, and the first years would find it especially hard as usually people don't feel like they're leaving until right before they leave.

Maybe they have set it up so that if you know that the platform is there then you can get through. Sort of like a Fidilus charm but more general?? Dumbledore or whoever would tell the muggleborn students parents the location and then they could get through? Hagrid just forgot to tell Harry but when Mrs Weasley told Harry he could then get through?
    There would have to be a way to stop the general person from leaning on the barrier and falling through.

That was my two knuts
    Jess
    Banner photographed by me and edited by xBeccaxBlackx
    It was worth the chocolate : )

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"
    Gerard Way