Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Kisses: Day 2

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once

10 Kisses: Day 2

You have until 8:00 PM EST February 7 to submit an entry. Remember to read the rules! Please post your entry here! Feel free to also post it in your thread. However, if you want it to count towards the challenge it must be posted in this thread.

Use the following header:
    PHP Code:
    [b]Title:[/b]
    [
    b]Warnings:[/b]
    [
    b]Rating:[/b]
    [
    b]Word Count:[/bWill be double-checked
    Warning note: This contest has been run before, please do NOT attempt to reuse your drabbles from the first time this was run. I will know as I do have access to the previous contest entries. You will be disqualified if you do.

Type: Eskimo
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Title: Trouble
    Warnings: None
    Rating: 1st-2nd Year
    Word Count: 100, MS Word 07

Rose and Lily were giggling in the corner. It was Christmas time, and all of the Weasley clan was gathered together to celebrate the holiday. Harry looked over at the two girls in the corner and smiled. The girls were up to no good and he knew it.

“You can’t tell anyone, ok?” Rose whispered to her younger cousin. “Uncle George is the only one who can know”.

“Ok,” Lily breathed back.

“Promise?”

“Promise”

The two girls rubbed their noses together, signifying the promise.

The girls are up to something, Harry observed. Eskimo kisses nearly always meant trouble.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Once Upon a Woe
    Rating: 1st/2nd Years
    Word Count: 100 (Word07)

“Daddy, tell me a story!”

Ron had the wind knocked out of him as his eldest child vaulted into his lap, demanding a bedtime tale. He was a terrible storyteller, but she was insistent and Hermione was working late, so...

“Once upon a time, a little girl had a daddy who —” he swung her in the air and rubbed their noses together, “— loved her a bunch, but she wouldn’t go to bed when she was supposed to.”

With a giggle and a squeal, Rose bounced up and. “I like her.”

To himself, Ron grumbled, “I’ll say you do.”
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

thegirllikeme
    Title: Trouble In The Making
    Warnings: none
    Rating:1st and 2nd Years
    Word Count: 100 (MS Word)

George laid Roxie in the cot and brushed his nose against hers in a little kiss. He could have sworn his daughter smiled in her sleep, a little crooked smile that looked so familiar. He smiled too, his grin matching hers.

“What do you know? She has my smile!”

He felt a hand on his back and turned.

Angelina gazed lovingly into the cot. “Yeah, she does.”

“We’re in for a world of trouble if she got anything else from me!”

“I like trouble,” she said with the cheeky grin. And she kissed him, using more than just her nose.

Midnight Storm
    Title: Soon, Lily
    Warnings: N/A
    Rating: 1st - 2nd
    Word Count: 100 (MSW 07)

‘Look, Lily,’ said James. He’d packed his last few items in his trunk, in prepapation for his first year at Hogwarts, beginning the following day. ‘You’re not a great sister, but I might miss you. A little.’

The seven-year-old’s eyes suddenly filled with tears.

‘No – Lily, I was joking, of course I’ll –’

She had thrown her small arms around him. ‘I’ll miss you so much, James! Write to me every single day, promise?’

‘Well, maybe not every day, but often, all right?’

Lily sniffed. ‘Wish I was going.’

‘Soon, Lily,’ he said, rubbing her nose with his own. ‘Goodnight.’

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Title: Dragons at Night
    Rating: 1-2nd
    Word Count: 100 (Word)

Nothing could tear Harry from a sound sleep like a nightmare, especially when it was not his own.

James clung to his father, crying. “There was a dragon outside.”

“No,” Harry soothed. “It was just a dream… look.” He carried the boy to the window and they searched together. “No dragons.”

James appeared satisfied, but held tight to Harry, just the same.

Harry brushed noses with his son as he settled him under the covers again. “All right, then?”

Eventually, little hiccups became contented sighs; Harry wiped away the tears from James’ face with his thumb and left the room.
    Lovely banner by Minna

Sailing Girl
    Title: Broomsticks
    Rating: 1st - 2nd years
    Word Count: 100 (Word 2007)

“But you can’t do that, Daddy! It’ll make Mummy sad!”

“Your Mummy won’t mind, honey,” Harry stooped down to get to his daughter’s height, and smiled. “You know Mummy played with the Holyhead Harpies, she’ll be happy that I want to get James involved.”

“Then why don’t you tell her?” Lily began to jump up and down impatiently at her father’s strange logic.

“Because, I want it to be a surprise!” Lily grinned, and Harry bent forward and rubbed his nose against his only daughter’s.

“Daddy!” she squealed happily, enjoying the attention. Suddenly asked, “Can I have a broomstick too?”

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    My bus to CollegeTown in in half-an-hour and yet I'm doing this. Anyway, I couldn't resist it. I had done about five kisses from this challenge the last time and had enjoyed it a lot. However, this time this will be my first and last drabble. I do want to write all the other drabbles too, but I can't, because only facebook works for me in college. Anyways...

Title: Daddy Love
    Rating: 1st-2nd Years
    Word Count: 100 (MS Word)

Ron spooned some cereal and brought it close to Rose’s mouth, but the child backed away.

“Just eat up now, sweetheart,” he sighed, “Come on.”

“Full tummy!” the girl replied, pointing at her stomach.

Ron looked at the serial bowl, wondering how to feed his daughter. Then he had an idea. “If you eat this,” he whispered to Rose, “I’ll buy you chocolate.”

A gleam appeared in Rose’s eyes as she opened her mouth wide. Ron grinned and rubbed his own nose against her tiny, serial-spattered one, making her break into giggles. “Now you got terial on your note, Daddy!”
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Title: Gryffindor and Slytherin
    Warnings: light slash
    Rating: 3rd-5th
    Word Count: 100. Google docs.

He woke up to a very familiar body on top of him. “Albus Severus Potter,” a very familiar voice rumbled above him, sing-songing his name, stretching out its syllables as a very familiar nose rubbed itself against his own, one nudge for every syllable of his name.

“Why are you so attached to my name anyway, Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy?” he asked, teasingly, giving his boyfriend a few more Eskimo kisses.

Scorpius shrugged, and moved to curl against him. “Maybe because of what it represents. The combination of a crafty, devious Gryffindor, and a Slytherin who restored honor to his house.”
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Second Year Ravenclaw
    Beset by Owls

Title: Professional distance
    Rating: 3rd-5th
    Word Count: 100

Luna looked up from her notebook to see Pine hovering over her. He watched her scratch her head with her pen yawn. He smiled.

“Is that a customary greeting in your culture?”

“I’ve never believed in formality.”

“How is your book going?”

“Well. I’m editing my notes on courtship practices.”

Pine grinned. “Would you like some reminders?”

“All right, tell me what you know.”

Pine knelt down and gently placed his forehead against hers. Their noses pressed together.

“That’s how you greet someone you love.” And he got back up on all four hooves and trotted away from the fire.

Haha, it's been a while, hasn't it. But I couldn't resist the 100 word contests, they take so little time to write.

Anyway, eskimo kisses immediately reminded me of horses, which inspired this. I know Luna's not supposed to become an anthropologist, but given the attitudes towards centaurs someone of her background in magical beasts might be more likely to be given such an assignment. She's still rather young and not married yet, in the backstory to this, and Pine is a bit of a romantic.