Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: February Challenge ~ ROUND ROBIN~ Judged~

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    POST 11

Ginny sighed. “When did you ever become so bloodthirsty, Neville? This isn’t the right way to go about it at all. We’re just kids, kid’s who can make a difference without killing half of the school. We’d be killing innocent people, and that’s not the way to win”.

“I don’t care what you think is right, Ginny, it’s time we take this into our own hands!” Neville retaliated.

“So you’re willing to kill innocent people and tear apart families just to get revenge? That’s not right. What would Harry do? I say we pull a Weasley!” Ginny cried.
    Word count: 98

Lalala 50 characters!
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Drabble #12

There was silence.

“What makes you think the Carrows are innocent, Ginny?” Neville said finally. “What about Bellatrix? Is she innocent? Or You-Know-Who? Say that they are innocent to the countless murdered, tortured, and imprisoned. I don’t know about you, but I think there are some people worth fighting against. And sooner or later, we will have to fight them.”

Neville leaned against the wall. “So, what do you want to do?” he asked.

Ginny didn’t answer. Seamus shuffled uncomfortably and said, “I think the entire DA should decide.” He took out his enchanted Galleon.
    Word Count: 95

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick
    I guess British irony is lost on you which was why I added the (?) after the word massacre. I was thinking more of splodge guns a la Bugsy Malone and not something as 'literal' as a massacre. Apologies.
    I noticed the "(?)" and understood the irony perfectly well. The appearance of the Kalashnikov in Drabble #3 sent this round-robin on a course that could very well lead to violence, however. I'm just extrapolating from there.

Tim the Enchanter

HARRYHARRYHARRYs_twin
    Drabble 13

"Seamus, wait," Ginny said. "This shouldn't come up to a vote. This is common sense."

Seamus lowered his hand to his lap, to let Ginny speak her mind.

"Killing people would make us no better than the people we're fighting against! It would be foolish to go about with these Muggle weapons, possibly killing innocent people." She turned to Neville. "I don't know what's gotten into you, really. Of anyone here, you should recognize the effect violence has on families in war."
    Word count: 82

I'm trying to steer this in a different direction, because I feel uncomfortable with where it is going, and I know others will as well.
    xxSelina

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Steering back to the St Valentine’s Day Massacre...
    I guess British irony is lost on you which was why I added the (?) after the word massacre. I was thinking more of splodge guns a la Bugsy Malone and not something as 'literal' as a massacre. Apologies.

This is supposed to be a family friendly board and political references to certain affiliations do not sit well with a number of members on this site.

This is a warning. Do not turn this into a bloodbath.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Drabble 13
    Thank goodness we still have Micheal Corner.

“Wait!” Michael Corner yelled. “Do you know how much damage a grenade can do? You’re not just going to hurt the Carrows, you’ll injure the students too! And you’ll be putting the entire school in danger of You-Know-Who’s wrath. This isn’t logical, and the price is too much to pay for revenge. It is most certainly not the greatest good for the greatest many. We can create just as much havoc without risking hurting anyone”.

Ginny smiled gratefully at Michael.

“Fine,” Seamus said. “We won’t use the grenades or the guns, but we still need a plan”.
    Word Count: 97

EDIT: Oops, I just noticed that Selina and I posted at like the exact same time ! Well, they pretty much are saying the exact same thing, so all is well!
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Drabble 14

"Okay," Neville muttered. "I wouldn't even know how to work the things anyway. What's the point of this thing?" He pulled out a thin piece of metal from the top of the grenade.

"Neville, no!"

"What?"

"You've just activated it!" replied Michael. "It could go explode at any minute."

"Oh Melin. What're we going to do?" Neville asked Seamus.

The other boy went red. "Well, actually, we don't have to do anything. It's not real."

"What! But you said - the IRA!"

"I'm just a teenager. The IRA aren't about to start supplying me with weapons. They're replicas."

"But, why?"
    Thought we could move onto something a bit more light-hearted but just wanted to deal with this first. I don't have access to word right now but a manual and online word counter gave me exactly 100 words.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    POST 16

I thought so too, but I didn't want to say anything...
    “Good job, Seamus,” Michael sneered. “Do you really think that Ginny needs more violence in her life?”

Seamus hung his head in shame. “That wasn’t what I meant to do, I promise! I only meant...”

“Meant what?”

“Now that I think about, I don’t even know what I was thinking,” Seamus admitted.

“Well maybe you should go apologize,” Michael pointed out.

“Yeah, I think I’ll do that”.

“On that thought, I think that I will too,” Neville added. “I don’t even know what I was thinking! Blowing people up? Ginny was right. We need a plan that won’t hurt anyone”.
    100 words. I think I should stop doing this...
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!

gwendalynne
    “Well,” said Seamus, “I – I thought –“

“Thought what?” Ginny said, scathingly. “That we all need a little more fear in our lives?”

Seamus’s face was growing redder by the second. “I thought, maybe, a bluff –“

“So you lied to us, told us they were real? Whose side are you on, Seamus? Had we used them we would have been massacred!”

Seamus hung his head. Ginny turned to Neville.

“You wanted to cheer me up. And this is the best you can come up with? Fake Muggle weapons?” Ginny snorted. “I’m leaving.”

She whirled and marched out the door.
    One hundred words total. I'm sorry I couldn't lighten it up any farther. I didn't think Ginny would like the way her 'cheer up' party was going.

(In fact, so far, the majority of Gryff characters in this RR seem to have been OOC. I mean, really -- Neville wanting to blow people up. Begging to do it. Fighting for the possibility of doing it. His parents were tortured to insanity, for goodness sake! Do you really think he'd be so eager to hand out violence, when his entire life has been blotted by someone else's use of it?)

Carole Edit: Because I do not wish this debate to continue in this challenge, I have deleted part of your post. As you said, this really isn't the place to discuss such topics. Please feel free to participate further - ~Carole~

Dorkalecki Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    I swear to Merlin, if I see one more hand grenade mentioned, I am so done with this.

Drabble 17 -- After Maple's

"Ginny, look... what we were thinking of doing was really, really stupid, but we weren't wrong in the sense that we need to do something."

Eyes sparking angrily, Ginny made Neville squirm. "Took you long enough," she said before turning back to one of her textbooks. "But I've been doing some thinking of my own." She pointed at one of the pages. "There."

Neville squinted to read the text, and when he did see what it was, he was completely lost. "But what has a Lullaby Charm got to do with anything?"
    EDIT: Oh, yeah... 92 words
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

QSQ-worthy banner by Minna / minnabird.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Bowing To Buckbeak
    Drabble 18 - after Jess's.

“Remember the singing dwarves that Lockhart got?” asked Ginny.

“I remember the song you sent Harry all right,” said Seamus, snorting and then going dead silent when Ginny glared at him.

“We can’t waltz into the Carrows’ office and start singing a ballad,” said Ginny, “so we transfigure ourselves to look like those dwarves, sing them the incantation of a Lullaby Charm-”

“Sing?” asked Neville.

“Well, the incantation of these charms happens to be songs,” cut in Michael impatiently. “And then what do we do?” he asked Ginny.

“We put them to sleep and cause some mayhem,” she answered.
    99 words. LET'S CHEER THIS PARTY UP, YEAH? Enough with the Muggle violence already.

~Natalie
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3