Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February Challenge ~ ROUND ROBIN~ Judged~

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    POST 19

"And how do you expect us to do that? None of us can do human transfiguration." Seamus's face was incredulous.

Sighing, Ginny said, "Speak for yourself; Michael can do it. He can turn the three of us into singing dwarves and turn us back when we nullify the Carrows."

"No bloody way," Michael said. "It's too dangerous. If I do it wrong, you could lose a limb." He seemed to be speaking more to Ginny than the rest of them. "You know it would kill me to hurt you."

She stared at him pointedly. "Better you than Carrow."
    98 words

spamspamspamspamandyetmorespamnotenough?SPAM
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    POST 20

“And that’s another point! What if your spell went wrong, or mine after it was cast? You could get the Cruciatus again – or worse, they might see it as an outright attack. Who knows what would happen then?”

Ginny jumped to her feet, eyes blazing. “Stop it, Michael! Something can always happen. I could catch the Cruciatus tomorrow for looking at a Carrow wrong. Someone could catch me helping someone they’ve hurt and turn me in - Cruciatus. Or worse yet, someone could kill my dad for being a blood traitor. It’s a dangerous world, but we have to fight.”
    100 exactly.

Michael seems to be in overprotective worrywart mode, so I thought he wouldn't just give in to "Better you than Carrow."

Also, if I was wrong about picturing Ginny sitting down with a book (library? I'm guessing? Given that Michael wouldn't get into the common room?) then sorry about the whole "jumping to her feet" business. Couldn't find any actual description of her postition.

gwendalynne

RR post

Ginny stood, hands on hips, waiting for Michael to agree to the plan. Michael bit his lip. After a full minute of determinedly not meeting his ex-girlfriend’s eyes, he couldn’t resist any longer. He met her eyes, and, to his surprise, they weren’t filled with the fire he had often seen, but had a mischievous glint.

“C’mon, Michael, I haven’t even told you the best part. Haven’t you wondered what we were going to do after the Carrows were asleep?”

Neville, who had been watching for eavesdroppers, looked around, surprised.

“What are we going to do while they’re asleep, Ginny?
    One hundred words, exactly. It's been rather quiet in here today...

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Protecting Scabbers from Crookshanks
    POST 22!

“Are you kidding me?” asked Ginny. “There are a lot of things we could do while the Carrows are sleeping.”

“Daub DA messages on the walls?” suggested Michael.

“Hex their bits,” piped up Seamus.

“How about something productive like…” said Neville, “like destroy their torture gears?”

Ginny nodded. “Yes, that’s what I’m talking about. Take away their wands and plant fake wands – I’ve got plenty of those, write ‘Squibs’ on their faces…basically do things which would undermine their rule in Hogwarts.”

“Brilliant!” said Michael. “Should we look for volunteers?”

“We’ve got plenty in the DA,” said Neville.
    97 words! C'mon, people! Let's get the DA moving.

~Natalie
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Post 23Jordan > LeBron

"Then it's settled." Ginny said. "I'll use my coin and set up a meeting for later tonight. From there, I'll see who is up for a little bit of payback."

"So, who's in?" Ginny asked the assembly.

Of the ten or so D.A. members in attendance, not a single hand stayed down. At some point, all of them had felt the wrath of Amycus Carrow or had been sent to him by Alecto. This was their chance to dish it out rather than receive.

Looking around, Ernie Macmillan said, "I don't see Zach Smith anywhere."
    Word Count = 95

*insert spam here*

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    POST 24
    Perhaps we can get this thing going again?

“Oh! He’s in detention,” Michael said.

“Are you sure?” Ginny inquired. “He’s always seemed so sneaky”.

“Yes, I’m sure. Either way, he doesn’t know what’s going on, so he can’t hurt us”.

“True,” Ginny replied. “Alright people! You know your stations, let’s get this thing going!”

Ginny, Neville, Michael, and Seamus watched as the others filed out of the Room of Requirement, eager to get the riots going. They had planned for the grand finale to be at the Valentine’s Day feast. The remaining members went off to the kitchens to employ the help of the house elves.
    98 words
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Protecting Scabbers from Crookshanks
    POST 25

“So…” Ginny addressed Michael. “You ready?”

He nodded. Ginny noticed how firmly shut his mouth was.

“You look green, mate,” remarked Seamus.

“I’m okay,” Michael replied. “Uh…It’s just the three of you, right?”

“Yes,” said Neville. “Fortunately, Snape isn’t here at the school. Ginny will get Amycus, I’m going for Alecto, and Seamus will target Crabbe and Goyle.”

“What about Malfoy?” asked Michael.

“He’s been shutting himself up in the dungeons,” answered Ginny.

“Cool,” said Michael with a shrug. “Now, remember that the charm lasts for only an hour.”

“That’s enough time,” said Neville. “Come on, let’s do this.”
    99 words!

~Natalie

Spot the odd one: Cauliflower, Sequioa, Mozambique, Supersonic.
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Ultimate Chess
    Post #26

They all crept out into the hall as quietly as possible and began to make their way down the stairs. Ginny hoped that the portraits would all be asleep by now. She wasn’t sure that the nosier ones would be able to refrain from telling them off for being out this late, but as they passed each frame, instead of mentioning the fact that they were out past curfew, the portraits whispered words of advice. “Don’t go near the Trophy Room,” an old witch in a lopsided frame warned. “Filch is in there with that horrible cat.”
    97 words

~Lea

Have I used 50 characters yet?

♥♥♥♥Stunning banner and zechadingly cool avvie by the amazing Gmariam! Thanks Gina!♥♥♥♥

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Post 27

"Thanks," Ginny whispered.

The small entourage circumvented the Trophy Room, and with further assistance from the portraits, they reached their destination. "Now for the transfiguration," Ginny said, looking pointedly at Michael.

Her ex-boyfriend shifted uncomfortably but drew his wand. Squeezing his eyes shut in concentration, he muttered, "Homenum transverto pumilio."

All watched fascinatedly as Ginny's height sunk lower and lower until she was hardly more than knee-high. Her face contorted from its prior, more attractive form to that of a squat, chubby creature, and once it was final, Michael nearly fell over in relief. "Thank Merlin I didn't kill you."
    100 words. I even hand counted. Do you really want more words, Mr. 50?

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    POST TWENTY-EIGHT (28)

“I knew that you wouldn’t kill me the whole time,” Ginny replied. “Alright, who else wants to be transfigured into a dwarf?”

“Are you kidding me? What if he can’t turn us back and we’re stuck looking like this forever?” Seamus retorted. “It’s ok, you’ll be fine by yourself”.

Ginny glared at him before turning to Neville. “Neville?”

“I suppose I’ll do it,” Neville replied. He turned to face Michael. “Cast the spell”.

Michael muttered the incantation, and soon Neville had joined as a dwarf. Ginny looked at him and burst out laughing. Neville turned a becoming red.
    Ninety-eight words. Really? Spelling out the numbers still didn't give me 50 characters?
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!