Thread: Do teachers go to Hogsmeade?

Hybrid View

Midnight Storm

Do teachers go to Hogsmeade?

Well, the title says it all: On Hogsmeade weekends, do the teachers go to Hogsmeade? I don't have the books handy, and I remember in PoA that there's a group of them there, but was that just because they were having a meeting?

Thanks!
    ~Midnight Storm

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Storm
    Well, the title says it all: On Hogsmeade weekends, do the teachers go to Hogsmeade? I don't have the books handy, and I remember in PoA that there's a group of them there, but was that just because they were having a meeting?

Thanks!
    ~Midnight Storm
    They presumably do. I'd imagine that the school would find it a good idea if at least one professor was present in the village while students are wandering about. Also, the professors need some time off too, so there's no reason why they shouldn't go to Hogsemeade occasionally.

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I don't think it's exactly a meeting between the teachers, I think they just happened to meet there. (In the sense that Harry happened to meet Neville by the tunnel and Snape got suspicious )

I can't really see why Fudge would want to have a meeting with McGonagall, Flitwick, Hagrid and Rosmerta - seems far too random, and if it had been official then he'd have met them at the school.

I think, like Tim said, there would be some teachers on hand in Hogsmeade on those weekends to supervise, but probably more on the weekends the students aren't allowed out.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    I assume that the teachers would have rostered patrols and other than classes would be free to do whatever they wanted. In any free time I'd say the teachers can go where ever they want, so long as they didn't have classes or patrols, they could probably go into Hogsmead or visit family etc

If it were me, I'd have a teacher patroling in Hogsmead and another at Hogwarts (imagine the trouble the Weasley Twins or Marauders could get into with no supervision), then give the rest the day off. Rotate it for each Hogsmead weekend and allow them to trade between themselves so they can try to escape the busy days like the weekend before Christmas. (Like my work lol)

Personally, if I was a teacher I wouldn't want to visit Hogsmead on the same weekends as the students if I wasn't being paid for it, I'd want to escape them
    Banner photographed by me and edited by xBeccaxBlackx
    It was worth the chocolate : )

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"
    — Gerard Way

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    And the teachers are all adults; they wouldn't need permission to go to Hogsmeade. They could go whenever they wanted, especially if a person can walk there.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

keara96
    In PoA, the teachers seemed to be there just to have a break and socialize and stuff at the end of term. I didn't really have the feeling that it was a meeting. That was when Harry found out about his dad and Sirius being friends and all, right?
    ~Elizabeth