Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPANISH Culture Help

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    What are some distinctions of Spainish education that you think might stand out in the wizarding school? How do you think these would have influenced Spanish-speaking countries in the Western Hemisphere?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Kate Skeffington
    Well, it depends on the country, or region, really. For instance in South America there's public (owned by the State and free or with cheap fees) and private (schools you have to pay, generally a high amount of money) schools. I reckon it would be the same in the Wizarding world.

In some South American countries, Chile (my country) for instance, there's a BIG difference between private and public schoold and how their respective students do in the state-exams and later on in the laboral world. The public education is very bad, the difference in curriculum with the private schools is massive! I graduated from a private school and in college you can see the difference when classmates who graduated from a public school haven't been taught some parts of subjects at all!Not that these students aren't or can't be brilliant, because some of them are. It's all got to do with development and politics in the end, though, I mean, the difference between private and public schools.

So, I guess it depends on how do you imagine the wizarding world in South America; if it's developed then it should resemble Hogwarts and the UK system (apparently free and high quality school) if you want it to be similar to the muggle South America, then maybe consider having this class difference-- costly but good private schools and free but not really good public schools.

In Chile this difference in education translated into student manifestations, there was a huge one back in 2006, were the students protested against an educational Decree the Government wanted to pass can't recall what it was about this moment, in the end the students got what they wanted a curricular reform, but till today they keep protesting because the government hasn't completely done what they promissed. Public schools here and their students are more connected with what's going on in the country--they're really into politics.

Also, in the 1960s the students were very involved in politics, especially college students, but older (usually those in their last two years at school) students went to manifestations as well and organised themselves to protest against what they thought was wrong both inside their school and outside their school.

Hope I've been of some help!