Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pairing - James/Lily

Midnight Storm

Pairing - James/Lily

Firstly, I'm dead surprised this is the first L/J thread.

Anyway, L/J is, and always has been, my OTP. I'm wondering what the most realistic way they got together is.

It usually one of the following three:

1) James gets a new girl + Lily gets jealous = James/Lily

2) James pours his heart out to Lily, telling her how much it hurts him when she rejects him + Lily realizes James actually has a heart = James/Lily

3) James and Lily agree to be civil to each other = James/Lily

Note that 1) and 2) are often combined.

Which do you think is most likely, and which do you think works best? I must say, I quite like a jealous Lily, because a heartbroken James usually turns out OOC and the 'let's be civil' is used far too often.

Also, y'know how some pairings get their own cool names? Like Harmony for H/Hr and Dramione for D/H? Anybody know/can think of one for L/J?

Thanks,
    ~Midnight Storm

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    I think my favorite scenario for James and Lily to get together is: James and Lily are forced into a situation of great danger or fear and the stress induces brutal honesty in one another, and they realize or discover through the trials that they like each other.

Lori (sucker for drama)
    Lovely banner by Minna

Essence_of_Lily
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Storm View Post
    Also, y'know how some pairings get their own cool names? Like Harmony for H/Hr and Dramione for D/H? Anybody know/can think of one for L/J?
    My friend calls L/J "Jily", but it sounds ...off...

LittleJM
    Quote Originally Posted by Essence_of_Lily View Post
    My friend calls L/J "Jily", but it sounds ...off...
    Well, so does "Lames" or "Limes" L/J just sounds better than anything I can come up with!
    I don't have a particular scenario that I like seeing them first get together - anything that can have a little twist in the story gets my attention!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hope I'm not to late!

I just want to say that Lily would probably have started to have feelings for James before 7th year. Maybe you could have her miss James during the holidays or something like that.
    I think that when L/J are forced to work with each other as they are Head Boy and Girl, Lily will actually spend time with James and realise that he isn't all bad.
    ~Abi~

This gorgeous banner is by TM_WandStick/Toni =)
    JOIN THE SBBC!
    ON HIATUS

Essence_of_Lily
    I think I'd like to read a fic where Lily goes into a relationship with James just to make someone (probably Snape) jealous, and James finds out and there's this big fight, but Lily realizes that she has feelings for James. That'd be pretty interesting.

LifeAtRandom
    I actually like a combination of 1 and 3, sometimes 2 if it's well done. But often 2 does turn out to be sappy, and I think Lily would already know about James's deep feelings and is just waiting for him to grow up a bit. I like jealous Lily because it's a nice turnaround of unrequited feelings, and them agreeing to be civil seems the most canon route.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    I agree with Essence_of_Lily. That would be really interesting. I also find number 3 to be a bit cliche. 1 is good, though.

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    I like the name Jelly!!!!!!!!

(random)

But all of those are kind of cliché. They were civil starting somewhere in sixth year, and started dating in seventh. I, however, am sucker for the "they are friends and suddenly Lily gets jealous when she sees him with a new girl". Also the whole life/death situation, especially if one almost dies.
    my page
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and banner by TM_Wandstick.

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
    (The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Quote Originally Posted by iMusic17 View Post
    I like the name Jelly!!!!!!!!
    I do, too!

Quote Originally Posted by iMusic17 View Post
    Also the whole life/death situation, especially if one almost dies.
    I've read this really good AU fanfic where they don't start dating until after Hogwarts. In the story (I can't remember what it was called, who wrote it, or if it was even on this site. Sorry! ), Lily goes to work at St. Mungo's in the broom crash area section thingy majigy ( is that how you spell 'majigy'?. Anyway, in chapter 2 (I think), James gets seriously injured in a Quidditch game, and Lily takes care of him. After a while, Lily started developing feelings towards him. It was really sweet.