Thread: Muggles In The Leaky Cauldron

Scarlet Steam Engine

Muggles In The Leaky Cauldron

Hi All,
    In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, it mentions Hermiones parents in Diagon Alley(''But your muggles! We must have a drink!''-Mr. Wealey). Does this mean they can get into The Leaky Cauldron/Diagon Alley if taken in by a wizard? Because in the first Harry Potter book, Harry notices that muggles can't even see The Leaky Cauldron, let alone get inside. This got me wondering how Hermiones parents manage to get into The Leaky Cauldron/Diagon Alley/Gringotts, when other muggles can't,
    Thanks,
    S.S.E

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I think that Muggles simply don't notice the place, rather than not being able to see it. Their eyes slide from the shop next to it, to the record shop on the other side of the road. Harry himself didn't notice the pub at first; it's only when Hagrid points it out to him that he sees it, so perhaps it's protected by a sort of spell that hides a building from eyes of people who don't know it's there. If it was pointed out to them, perhaps Muggles would see it, but nobody does point it out to them.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

the_weird_one
    I agree with Sarah, it would be kind of strange to have a completely disappearing shop-- what would muggles think when wizards tried to walk into it? I think they can get away with that with Grimaulad Place, because it's in a neighborhood and not a busy street corner.

But then this also raises the question of how Hermione's parents do get in to the shop, since they normally wouldn't notice it, and it's only Hermione's second year. Do you think she would have a keen enough eye to remember exactly where the shop is? Or would a wizard would've provided some assistance?

-Addy

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    I'm sure the first time someone led them in. Hermoine is the type to remember exactly where something is, plus she would probably want to try and go to Diagon Alley and pick up more books on magic. She's almost an entire year older than Harry and Ron, so she had a year to sit and wait to go to Hogwarts.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ