Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Would Hurt Voldemort More?

Lovemagic
    You know, I don't think he could have, either. But my question isn't really about canonical (if that's a word) believability or anything. We don't have to use Voldemort. Say...Laurence Simmons had all three of these things happen to him. Which, ultimately, would be more painful? The Cruciatus Curse is supposed to cast unimaginable pain on the victim, but ripping one's soul and losing one's body are also, as Aida said, against natural order and must cause loads of pain.

Hayden

EDIT: This is supposed to be the fifth post, after Aida's second one.

Lovemagic

Which Would Hurt Voldemort More?

We know that Voldemort described his separation from his body as "pain beyond pain" but what would hurt him most? The Cruciatus Curse, his soul being ripped apart (I'm sure that hurts) or losing his body?

Also, do you think Voldemort's ever even had the Cruciatus Curse performed on him? Or maybe he did it to himself out of curiosity.

Any thoughts?

Hayden

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    While losing your body has to hurt, I think ripping your soul would probably hurt more. It's the soul ripping which allows him to survive losing his body at all. Also, I think losing your body would be akin to dying, but Voldemort cannot die unless all the other pieces of his soul are killed first. Ripping your soul is a crime against all nature and natural order. So my guess is that hurts more.

As for the Cruciatus Curse, the power probably comes from the fact that the pain is unending. Voldemort doesn't seem to be in constant pain from ripping his soul - though he became physically deformed afterwards.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Lovemagic
    As for the Cruciatus Curse, the power probably comes from the fact that the pain is unending. Voldemort doesn't seem to be in constant pain from ripping his soul - though he became physically deformed afterwards.
    The power of the Cruciatus depends on the caster. If someone powerful performs a 'meaningful' Cruciatus Curse, even a second of it would be extremely painful. The Curse could be stretched for minutes, and if the level of pain remains constant, or increases, it'll hurt more and eventually the victim will lose his mind.

Had to get that down. What I'm asking is if you think Voldemort might ever have had the Cruciatus performed on him, when and by whom. And if we're comparing a Cruciatus Curse with a level of pain that Voldemort would inflict to the other two options, which would be more painful for Voldemort?

Hayden

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    First, I don't think he could cast it on himself.

Second, I don't think he would let anyone else cast it on him. It's too much control for that person to have, and I simply don't believe he would let anyone, even a trusted Death Eater cast Crucio on him.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    I actually never thought of ripping the soul to hurt much for Voldemort, don't know why, I thought he just did it. I think the Cruciatus Curse would hurt more than losing your body, because the Cruciatus Curse would last longer.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    I imagine that splitting your soul would be like a splitting pain in your chest, very, very strong as it is so unnatural. But the Cruciatus Curse would probably be more painful than that as it lasts longer. The same sort of pain, but for an extended amount of time, and obviously occurring inside Voldemort's (or anyone who has been placed under the Cruciatus Curse) head instead of his actual soul. I don't think Voldemort leaving his body would hurt, as to me, it seems like his soul is just floating out of his body, like in death (which I think was previously mentioned).

~ Annalise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple_and_PheonixFeather
    I actually never thought of ripping the soul to hurt much for Voldemort, don't know why, I thought he just did it. I think the Cruciatus Curse would hurt more than losing your body, because the Cruciatus Curse would last longer.
    I imagine it probably would actually hurt to rip your soul, but perhaps, he didn't care. Or enjoyed the pain because it meant that he was making another Horcrux and was becoming even a little bit more invincible.

perceval
    A Crucio is just physical. Actually ripping apart your soul? That's got to be worse.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Quote Originally Posted by AidaLuthien
    I imagine it probably would actually hurt to rip your soul, but perhaps, he didn't care. Or enjoyed the pain because it meant that he was making another Horcrux and was becoming even a little bit more invincible.
    That's actually sort of what I meant, that he simply didn't care. To me though, a soul isn't really physical...if that makes sense. I think it would depend on the specific person, but I don't think it would be physical pain, I think it would be more emotional, or self pain, if that makes any sense what so ever.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!