Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marauder communication help

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

Marauder communication help

So, I'm writing a long series of letters written between Sirius and Remus. I'm writing one set during Christmas of their third year when Sirius ends up in the Hospital wing from eating too much Christmas pudding. I want Remus to send him a letter, but obviously he can't use an owl and this is before James, Sirius and Peter became animagi so Peter can turn into Wormtail and deliver it. So my question is, what other ways could Remus and Sirius exchange letters without owls and without being detected by Madame Pomfrey?

Justice
    I don’t know about letters. But they could use a two way mirror. When Sirius gives Harry the mirror in OOTP he mentions that him and James used them when they were in separate detentions so it seems likely that Remus would have one also.

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    unfortunately because the story is all letters, that isn't an option... i'm taking a little from Shoe Box Project the way they added captions to notes and stuff about how they got there and adding little details like "Sirius is pretending to snore, but is really still laughing when a letter is unceremoniously thrown at his head". But really, I need to prove to myself that it is possible for them to get letters to each other even when one is in the hospital wing. it is also changed to second year.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    When Arthur takes Harry to the Ministry, Harry sees office memos flying around like paper aeroplanes. I think Remus would be able to enchant one quite easily.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Thanks, I thought about that but since they're second years do you think they'll be able to do it?

Justice
    Just throwing this out there... but are owls actually forbidden in the hospital wing? I know visitors are limited but what about owls? I mean if a student is sick their parents probably want to communicate with them, and I don't think the school would prohibit that. And if they are allowed would Madam Pomfrey really know what owl belongs to what wizard?

I agree second years probably wouldn’t be able to make memo’s fly. Although they can probably levitate things. What about having them sneak up to the Hospital door and then float the letters over to each other in the middle of the night or something? Or even if Owl’s are forbidden they could have their owl deliver the letter in the middle of the night when Madam Pomfrey is sleeping. Or could they get a House Elf to deliver a letter? That might depend on whether they know any or not. I think it is believable that they would be able to pass messages to each other in the hospital. I’ll try to keep thinking of better ways….

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    I was just thinking that you don't really see owls flying around the school. Also you'd have to go to the owlery to send the letter. But I love the House Elf idea!!! I'd like to think they discovered their way into the kitchens first year, so of course they know about house elfs. And Remus being Remus, he probably befriended one. Thanks Justice!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Uhm,

Well whilst I do think they'd be able to enchant paper planes (Hermione can make flames, and they can all do Wingardiam Leviosa by year 1), there is also the easiest option which is that Remus 'borrows' James' Cloak, delivers the letter and leaves.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    I more meant control where it went. Like would Remus be able to enchant a letter from the Gryffindor common room to the hospital wing? It seems plausible, especially because it is Remus and Sirius, but it is a distance and they can't see each other.

Justice
    Wingardiam Leviosa would probably not work from a distance. They probably can only send things a short distance with that spell. Especially as second years. I think Remus borrowing James' Cloak is a good idea too. I think you have a lot of plausible options as to how to get the letters to the Hospital. Are you looking to use a specific idea in your story or just have it be possible to get the letters there?