Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next-Gen Weasley/Potter

First Year Hufflepuff
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives

Next-Gen Weasley/Potter

I have a question about all 12 Weasley/Potter grandkids. So, I hope I put this in the right forum. I'm so sorry if I didn't!!

What do you think is their age order?
    I think this is a pretty tricky question and it never says in the books. Right now I have it down as:
    Victoire, Molly, Dominique, Fred, Lucy, Roxanne, Luis, James, Albus, Rose, Lily and Hugo.
    Everytime I look at it though I switch around a name or two. I would love to hear your opinions or maybe somebody knows of some more info that I'm missing.

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    JKR hasn't said anything about their ages except for what we can speculate about Harry/Ginny's and Ron/Hermione's kids based on the epilogue.

Here's how I picture it as of 2017 (the year during the epilogue):
    Victoire - 17
    Dominique - 15
    Molly - 14
    James - 12
    Rose - 11
    Albus - 11
    Lily - 9
    Hugo - 9
    Lucy - 8
    Fred - 7
    Louis - 5
    Roxanne - 2

I think it's pretty individual for how each person envisions the next-generation (:

Midnight Storm
    I've always had it as Victoire, Dominique, Fred, Louis, James, Molly, Roxanne, Albus, Rose, Lucy, Lily, Hugo. But that's just my opinion.

It's canon as long as Albus and Rose are around the same age, James is older, and Lily and Hugo are younger. James, Albus and Rose have to be at school the same time as one of Percy's kids (Molly or Lucy), because Percy is at the station in the Epilogue. Also, Victoire has to be there too, but she has to be old enough to be snogging a 19ish-year-old Teddy Lupin. Note that Victoire is Bill and Fleur's oldest.

~Midnight Storm

First Year Hufflepuff

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Storm
    I've always had it as Victoire, Dominique, Fred, Louis, James, Molly, Roxanne, Albus, Rose, Lucy, Lily, Hugo. But that's just my opinion.
    Oooh Ok, I actually like that. One big problem I had with my order of the kids was Fred and Roxanne being too close in age. I just can't see George and Angelina rushing to have a second child... I thought they would have a bigger age gap.

Thanks for your opinion!!

Quote Originally Posted by abovelevel
    JKR hasn't said anything about their ages except for what we can speculate about Harry/Ginny's and Ron/Hermione's kids based on the epilogue.

Here's how I picture it as of 2017 (the year during the epilogue):
    Victoire - 17
    Dominique - 15
    Molly - 14
    James - 12
    Rose - 11
    Albus - 11
    Lily - 9
    Hugo - 9
    Lucy - 8
    Fred - 7
    Louis - 5
    Roxanne - 2

I think it's pretty individual for how each person envisions the next-generation (:
    OH! I had never thought of anyone being younger than Hugo!! Hmmm, so much to think about. Haha, thank you!!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    De-gnoming the Garden
    Quote Originally Posted by BrieJeanne
    One big problem I had with my order of the kids was Fred and Roxanne being too close in age. I just can't see George and Angelina rushing to have a second child... I thought they would have a bigger age gap.

I don't have them all figured out, but I agree with this. I do have Fred and James as the same year at Hogwarts, but I can see George and Angelina wanting an age gap. Then again, with George as a twin, you could make an argument for the opposite idea as well.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I agree about Angelina and Geprge wanting an age gap - I see them being really happy with the little boy I imagine they wanted and they a few years later thinking it might be good for him to have a sibling. I have both of them rather younger than the others just because I see George as someone who would take his time before wanting to get married, but that is just a personal thing I guess! And I have Louis much younger too because I have a theory that he was an accident (:

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    There are akll kinds of variables to figuring out the age of the Potter kids. With George and Angelina, Fred could have been unplanned, and Roxanne could have been born a year right after him, sort of another little accident.

Then after taking care of so many little children together, George and Angelina could have been very tired one night and exclaimed "We are never having kids again!"

But this is part of the fun of the Nesxt Generation; having so much freedom with the characters and being able to mold them to fit the story you want to write.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

First Year Hufflepuff

Yes, yes yes! I like the thought of Fred and Roxanne being younger than I originally had them I also like Victoire and Dominique being close in age but Louis being quite a bit younger.

Thanks so much for you input everyone. It was very helpful!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    You can play with the dates a lot.

Personally, I think that Bill (and Fleur?) wanted a boy and that Harry and Ginny wanted a girl. I think that was the determining factor in their having three kids compared to everyone elses two.

N

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

fizzingwizzbee
    Quote Originally Posted by abovelevel
    I agree about Angelina and Geprge wanting an age gap - I see them being really happy with the little boy I imagine they wanted and they a few years later thinking it might be good for him to have a sibling. I have both of them rather younger than the others just because I see George as someone who would take his time before wanting to get married, but that is just a personal thing I guess! And I have Louis much younger too because I have a theory that he was an accident (:
    I can't help but think George would have got married quite quickly after Fred's death. I can see him being extremely lonely without his twin and desperate to find someone else to be with him. that fact that he went with Fred's old girlfriend says to me that he's not quite as rational as he perhaps was before.
    As such I'd put George's children as slightly older than Harry and Rons'. Not by much mind. They could possibly be in similar year groups at Hogwarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northumbrian
    You can play with the dates a lot.

Personally, I think that Bill (and Fleur?) wanted a boy and that Harry and Ginny wanted a girl. I think that was the determining factor in their having three kids compared to everyone elses two.

N
    I have to say I don't think this is the reason. I reckon Harry enjoyed so much being with the Weasleys that he wanted a large family of his own. Ginny also seemed to take pleasure in being surrounded by siblings so i can see her whole heartedly agreeing.
    Hermione as an only child and not quite as sociable as others probably only wanted one or two children.
    I can see similar reasons for others having fewer children. Perhaps Fleur didn't fancy ruining her figure for example. And I can see George and Angelina having a tough marriage resulting in a large family being quite out of the question.
    As for Percy the small family again suits who he is as a person.

*edit* sorry about the strange double post thing. My browser seems to be having some issues with the edit button :S