Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GinnyPotter19's Working To Be Great

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    It's from the song in AVPS "There'll Always be Guys Like Potter".

Without second Lily: Now I think I need to fill that space with something lol.

SingingWren
    Personally, I think it looks just fine with the open space. In fact, I quite like the whole composition as is. Very pretty!

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    Quote Originally Posted by SingingWren
    Personally, I think it looks just fine with the open space. In fact, I quite like the whole composition as is. Very pretty!
    Coming from someone whose banners I love, thank you so much!

I don't like this banner much. I've run out of inspiration really and I can't think of what else to do to this. Suggestions? I wanted it to be a colorful and fun Rose and Hugo banner, but it's not turning out that way.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    I think you could get a higher quality background image, and that would help. The clouds look a bit odd, the grass is strangely pixilated.

You could also try different fonts for Hugo and for Rose, and using an outline or something to make the letters stand out more.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    New one! It's a little bit of a different style, but it is supposed to be.

Second Year Gryffindor
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

Request

I would love one for my story.

Title of your Story: A Dragonís Plight
    Author Name: Gwen Evens
    Catch phrase: Finish that which was <i> begun but, never completed</i>. Overall look of the banner: Something mysterious hazy not quite clear a castle, shadow of a dragon Voldemort eyes
    Fonts: Wolven Script
    Characters: Azena, Severus, Teddy Lupin (16), and Death Eaters Masks
    Story Summary: The Chosen One is dead, but Voldemort lives. Harry dies with the quest unfinished. Hermione and Ron vanish, and are assumed dead. Sixteen years have gone by changing the world. The Dark Lord has taken over England and the Order is hard pressed to survive. Azena Lily Snape is more than meets the eye, raised and trained by Death Eaters with the last name of Snape most would assume the worst. She graduated at the top of her class at Hogwarts as a fifth year and a prized gem for the Dark Lord. Though she may very well be the one that will help turn the tide and win or loss the war. Azena must first face her unsure past and finish that which was <i> begun but, never completed</i>. The thing is she has a secret and a big one if the wrong person found out it could mean <i>death</i> . Banner size: about 300x500px)
    Have You Requested This Banner Before?: No
    any questions please pm me

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    Sorry, I tried to download Wolven Script, but it would not let me successfully do it because I have to have the administrator allow it. Unfortunately, she's at the school and will never allow me to download anything Well, here is your long awaited banner! (Two versions!)

v.1

v.2

Let me know which one you like or if you want any changes! Remember to please credit me if you use it!

EDIT:
    I don't think people realize how desperate I really am for some requests. I'm still completely available!

I've noticed the most recent BA acceptances and if any of you are looking at this thread, congratulations! To those of you out there, I want to join the BA someday too, but I'm not going to think about applying until more people show an interest in my banners and want some requests, that way I can get better.

So this isn't completely spammy: NEW AVVIE! (I'm working on avvies now to anyone who would like one.)

ANOTHER EDIT!!!: New banner.

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    *sigh* Still, no requests? Well I guess here is another banner I made... for myself. Let me know what you guys think of it! If the memo hasn't been made, I'm completely available!!!

v.1

v.2

v.3

^Another screen name I have. No worries.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    I read your comment about not wanting to apply to the BA right away and I totally get it. I was the same way for a long time. It's like, I think I'll take some time to gain some confidence in my skills before I take it to the next level.

Maybe you'd like a little critique? I like your latest banner. The first one is nice, I like the smaller picture of the Mauraders (Peter is actually the guy who plays Eragon, right? Nice.) I like the text better on the third one than on the second one, because it flows better with the rest of the banner. The font you used in the second banner feels a bit blocky. It's usally better to stay away from all-white text, as well. Making it more off-white will help it tie into the banner better. Actually, I like the black text on the third version pretty well. Aother thing to watch out for is using textures on top of your people. I would erase it from over the faces of the Remus/Sirius/James, at least. Overall, the composition is really nice, and I do like how you've combined textures in the banner (I couldn't use textures at all until, like, a couple weeks ago.) The blending is also good, and I keep looking back at that little picture in the first one, that with the text is very eye-catching!

I hope I wasn't too harsh, I'm just trying to be helpful, honestly.

Anyway, I thought I would request as well. Could you make me a set of avvies? I'd like them to feature the villians in the HP series. So Voldemort/Tom Riddle, Bellatrix, Death Eaters, or even the Malfoys if you'd like. Any quotes are up to you. Thanks!

-Toni

PS. You may know of it already, but oclumencia.com is a great site for Harry Potter pictures (I can give you a link if you PM me). It's in spanish, but it's pretty easy to navigate all the same.

Banner by the awesome Minna!
    BA Banners || Drabbles

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Belching up Slugs
    Sadly, I can't really erase the texture on their faces because they are the ones on top of the texture .
    There's a simple way to fix that. Put all the people back on a normal layer mode, then drag the texture above them and set it on whatever layer mode you had the people on originally. The effect stays the same. Then you can just erase it away over the people. That way you can still, for example, have the smoky bit over James' arm, without everyone looking all washed out and faded.

~Bella