Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GinnyPotter19's Working To Be Great

princesagarra
    I'd like a banner for my signature, if that's ok.

Name: PrincesaGarra

House: Gryffindor

*From here on forth, there are only suggestions. I really wish to let your imagination run free so you can have fun!

Frase: I am Gryffindor. Hear me roar! *grrr*

General look: Something not too girly would be awesome, maybe red, gold, silver, purple or green would be lovely. Choose any colors you wish!

Characters: AVPM/AVPS would be really funny, but you could try something/one else.

This is the first time I request this
    **If you're unsure of something, or if I'm too vague, please PM me!

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    I'll get to work on this right away for you! Thanks for requesting!

It's a bit simple, but I think it looks a bit fun. If it's not at all what you were going for I can come up with a few other ideas, this one was just the first one I got done tonight. Let me know what you think! (And really, don't be afraid to tell me if you hate it or want changes or anything!)

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    Sorry to double post, but I figured it's been a sufficient amount of time so.......

v1.

v2.

v3.

v4.

OR (I know, it seems a bit ridiculous to have eight versions, but they're pretty to me soooo...

v1.2
    v2.2
    v3.2
    v4.2

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    I really like the blending and use of textures in the banners. My favourite is the first one, I feel the empasis is well placed there.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    I like the idea of the banner, I'm not sure about the blending on the two keyboards together. Maybe you could use some sheet music on one side and a keyboard on the other? The sheet music in the middle is interesting, but it could be a texture over the entire banner perhaps?

The other issue that I have is the color of the text. Switching color mid-word feels like a no-no to me. The very top of the first line is cut off and it looks odd. If you want that much text on the banner, I would encourage you to put a slightly opaque white layer behind it so you can use more black and just use red for emphasis. Unless you are using red only for emphasis and I can't tell?
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    Sorry, AidaLuthien! I meant to reply but accidentally ended up deleting the post! D:

Anyway, thanks for the feedback! I actually sort of liked the two pianos mixed together, but I can see your idea working too. Red was going to be the emphasis, but I just sort of decided I didn't like the rose because it didn't seem like I could ever get the proportion right. I added a second banner (before you had critiqued the first one) So let me know what you think about that one if you'd like. Other than that, I'll see if I can do some of your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Maple_and_PheonixFeather
    I really like the blending and use of textures in the banners. My favourite is the first one, I feel the empasis is well placed there.
    Thanks a ton for commenting! Yea, I really like the first one, too. It is, as you can probably tell, the original, I just liked the road path pattern behind it Number 4 is probably my favorite with the pattern, but I know what you mean by number one Thanks so much!

EDIT: Also, a new pretty banner. I'm just a little unsure if the text belongs there or if I should play around with it. Any suggestions?

OR

EDIT:

Is that sort of what you meant? I think I got it all wrong now XD

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    I like that last banner you made, the Snape/Lily/James one.

I'm not sure I love that the one picture of Lily is repeated twice.

Where does the quote come from?

Edit: Ugh, post nargles. This should be the last post.

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    I don't think this was really supposed to be a double post seeing as how a lot of things got mixed up... but if so I'm sorry but I has banners! (and past/newer ones!)

New banner and new size fiddling :

Another one of my friend

Remember guys, I am AVAILABLE and could really use the practice with your requests. Right now I'm stuck doing all of my fanfiction ideas, so I definitely do story banners!

EDIT: So I didn't see this compliment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple_and_PheonixFeather
    And I'd just like to say thank you so very much! Though it's not a request, I totally take compliments too! lol

As for the reason of this post, here is a new banner. I'm actually kind've very proud of it! I spent a lot of time on it and I hope it turned out right!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Maybe this is just because I wrote a one-shot with this theme but... their Patronuses (doe, doe and stag) would work.

Also, don't be afraid of white space! Or well, gray space in this case... yikes, bad unintentional rhyming. Point is, empty space isn't bad, and it can be more dramatic.

Edit: Sigh, post jumping again. Should be after ginnypotter19's edited version of the banner.

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    I'm not afraid of it, I just thought it fit because it looked as though they were about to kiss I think their pratronuses (I think I wronched up the spelling there) but they'd be too confusing because it is doe, doe, stag. I think the whole Snape thing wouldn't be apparent But thanks for the suggestions! I like making them better and knowing someone is at least taking the time to help me out even if I don't have requests